Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-11-2019, 08:29 AM   #621
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Hope he finds one!

Quote:
Former Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, 38, is suffering from kidney failure and has taken to Instagram to announce that he is in "dire need" of a donor for a transplant.

"Well this is hard for me to say but my doctors said I should reach out to my family, friends and fans," Haynesworth wrote Wednesday. "Some of you may know I've been battling kidney disease for a few years ... now the time has come family, friends and fans, I'm in dire need of a kidney ... mine have finally failed me on July 7 2019. It's hard to believe from being a professional athlete to only 8 season in retirement that my body has taken another major blow.

"First with the brain aneurysm 3 seasons out of the NFL to now my kidneys failing me," the post continued. "But the bright side of this latest ordeal I can ask for help by asking for someone to generously donate a kidney. If you are interested in giving this precious gift please call Vanderbilt at 615-936-0695 and hit option 2. GOD BLESS thank you for your prayers and thanks for sharing this message."
Old 07-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #622
Lil Pedro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Follow Follow @AdamSchefter
More
Los Angeles running back Melvin Gordon has informed the Chargers that unless he receives a new contract, he will not report to training camp and he will demand a trade, his agent Fletcher Smith told ESPN.

Pay this man
Lil Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #623
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Pedro View Post
Pay this man
I probably wouldn't. I like Gordon, but the guy has only played 1 full season since entering the league, and I think Ekeler and Jackson could easily pick up his production if they trade him.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #624
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Pedro View Post
Pay this man
Normally I would side with the team in a situation like this I kind of feel the 5th year option shouldn't apply to RB's. If he plays out this year he will be 27 years old going into free agency which is already pretty close to when teams start nickel and diming running backs knowing their productivity is going to start dropping off so he basically will have no chance of getting that big lucrative deal especially given his injury history. The problem for Gordon is that we all know how it turned out for Bell in sitting out he basically lost a year's pay and ended up getting a deal in free agency from the Jets that was no better than he would have got playing last year for the Steelers. When Bell's career is over he's probably going to look back at the millions lost and regret the decision. Gordon isn't even at Bell's level so I just don't see how sitting out and losing $5.6 million is viable for him. I have to assume he's going to eventually report if the Chargers call this bluff.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:09 AM   #625
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:
icon57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Normally I would side with the team in a situation like this I kind of feel the 5th year option shouldn't apply to RB's. If he plays out this year he will be 27 years old going into free agency which is already pretty close to when teams start nickel and diming running backs knowing their productivity is going to start dropping off so he basically will have no chance of getting that big lucrative deal especially given his injury history. The problem for Gordon is that we all know how it turned out for Bell in sitting out he basically lost a year's pay and ended up getting a deal in free agency from the Jets that was no better than he would have got playing last year for the Steelers. When Bell's career is over he's probably going to look back at the millions lost and regret the decision. Gordon isn't even at Bell's level so I just don't see how sitting out and losing $5.6 million is viable for him. I have to assume he's going to eventually report if the Chargers call this bluff.
The chargers would have given him 300+ carries and ran him into the ground. I'm pro player though, especially in the NFL
Old 07-16-2019, 06:30 AM   #626
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
The chargers would have given him 300+ carries and ran him into the ground. I'm pro player though, especially in the NFL
He never plays enough to get that many carries. The reason Gordon is holding out is likely because he knows he's an injury risk which is why he wants the contract now and not next year. However that's also the reason the Chargers won't extend him.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:50 PM   #627
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

These guys....sigh. Dude was given a chance of a lifetime and just sewers himself.

Quote:
The Arizona Cardinals have released offensive tackle Desmond Harrison after a warrant was issued for his arrest on felony charges of assault in North Carolina.

A Greensboro police spokesman told multiple news outlets that an incident report was filed Tuesday. The charges would be assault on a person by strangulation and assault on a female by a male.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...warrant-issued
Old 07-19-2019, 09:00 AM   #628
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

NFL will not discipline Tyreek Hill over abuse claims;

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...l-abuse-claims

Disappointing but it's one of those things where even though it sure sounds like he hit his kid there's just not enough evidence as there's no video evidence. NFL radio saying the Chiefs are prepared to make him the highest paid receiver in the league which is also disappointing as I hate to see people like this rewarded but it is what it is.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:03 AM   #629
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Did I hear wrong that there’s evidence he wasn’t even there when the kid broke his arm? I’m all for some good old fashioned fandom related outrage but I think he’s off the hook for this one.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:05 AM   #630
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Hell yeah double post.

I’ll add that faux fan outrage in this situations makes me laugh. As an NFL fan you have to be comfortable with a certain level of cheering for scumbags. Let’s not pretend like every roster doesn’t have its fair share of questionable guys. As a fan of a rival team it would have been great for him to be suspended but oh whale can’t win em all.

Last edited by ResAlien; 07-19-2019 at 09:08 AM.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:21 AM   #631
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Hell yeah double post.

I’ll add that faux fan outrage in this situations makes me laugh. As an NFL fan you have to be comfortable with a certain level of cheering for scumbags. Let’s not pretend like every roster doesn’t have its fair share of questionable guys. As a fan of a rival team it would have been great for him to be suspended but oh whale can’t win em all.
Did you hear the tape? Does he sound like a guy that has never laid a hand on his kid of fiance to you? I get they don't have concrete evidence for him breaking his kid's arm but it's pretty clear this guy has issues. The county is continuing to monitor the welfare of if the child and that doesn't typically happen unless there's evidence of abuse going on. Maybe not enough to arrest him or for the NFL to suspend him but it's clear some bad things have gone on in that household.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:06 AM   #632
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Raider fans complaining about horrible people in the league. I've definitely seen it all now. But if you only listened to the heavily redacted tapes the media wanted out there to create something big, you'd think he's ####ed. If you heard the un-redacted tapes that came out last week, you'd know she's insane and he probably didn't do it.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #633
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Raider fans complaining about horrible people in the league. I've definitely seen it all now. But if you only listened to the heavily redacted tapes the media wanted out there to create something big, you'd think he's ####ed. If you heard the un-redacted tapes that came out last week, you'd know she's insane and he probably didn't do it.
What do you mean complaining? Richie Incognito got a two game suspension and no complaints from me as I'm all for player discipline. I have heard both and if you thing Tyreek Hill never laid a hand on his kid of fiance you probably think OJ never killed Goldman or Nicole Brown.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #634
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Coming this July: "While we do not excuse his actions, after speaking with Tyreek, the Kansas City Chiefs organization and Coach Reid have agreed to reinstate Tyreek. We believe that Tyreek has learned from his past mistakes and is committed to being a better person and a father going forward."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Anyone who thinks he’s ever playing in the NFL Again is beyond crazy
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:46 AM   #635
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Meh, it's only a matter of time until the Browns get TMZ to follow him around and get a video so that the Chiefs can release him and the Browns can pick him up on the cheap.

Talented player, but these off field things have too much smoke.

I can't lie though...the Chiefs offence with Hill looks a lot better than one that doesn't have him.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:51 AM   #636
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What do you mean complaining? Richie Incognito got a two game suspension and no complaints from me as I'm all for player discipline. I have heard both and if you thing Tyreek Hill never laid a hand on his kid of fiance you probably think OJ never killed Goldman or Nicole Brown.
I would ask what his motivation to lie would be when he has no idea he's being recorded. No one is saying he's a saint, but he almost certainly didn't touch the kid. 99% likely he's innocent of that. And obviously OJ did it, here is much less obvious. But at least OJ was charged. Cops clearly don't think anything happened here.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:13 AM   #637
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Did you hear the tape? Does he sound like a guy that has never laid a hand on his kid of fiance to you? I get they don't have concrete evidence for him breaking his kid's arm but it's pretty clear this guy has issues. The county is continuing to monitor the welfare of if the child and that doesn't typically happen unless there's evidence of abuse going on. Maybe not enough to arrest him or for the NFL to suspend him but it's clear some bad things have gone on in that household.
I heard the tape and do think there is something going on in that household but tough to say what exactly.

Clearly doesn't have a healthy relationship with his fiance - there is abuse in both directions there (even if just mental and not physical).

But IMO From the sound of that tape he sounded pretty sincere and certain that he didn't physically hurt his son. He would have no reason to lie in a confidential recording, and would especially be weird to bring up the past claims out of the blue when that could hurt him more than harm him.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:25 AM   #638
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I would ask what his motivation to lie would be when he has no idea he's being recorded. No one is saying he's a saint, but he almost certainly didn't touch the kid. 99% likely he's innocent of that. And obviously OJ did it, here is much less obvious. But at least OJ was charged. Cops clearly don't think anything happened here.
I just think there's a lack of evidence to take this any further and the County District Court and the Johnson County Department for Children and Families is monitoring the situation so without a doubt Hill will be on his best behaviour. I'm fine with the process as unlike Hunt there was no video evidence so you can't suspend players based on suspicion. I hope for the sake of their family that they can work through their issues as it doesn't sound like a great environment for the kid.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:28 AM   #639
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Police reports and medical info is also consistent with the child falling rather than being abused. To me this is textbook toxic relationship. Why people can't ever leave them I don't know, but I suspect his best chance long term is on his own and not with her. But if he stays with her it's a pretty good bet he'll be in this situation again.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:22 PM   #640
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

The best thing for the kid(s), Tyreek, and Espinosa is that they all get split up and go on their own way. The kids are probably better off in the system, and Hill and Espinosa probably should have parted when the first incident occurred.

Than again, easy for a poor white guy like me who grew up in a comfy middle class upbringing to say.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post: