Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-10-2019, 08:39 AM   #1301
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Blizzard is releasing a DLC for Starcraft:Remastered that turns all units, characters, menus, etc into a Saturday morning cartoon.

Trailer below

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...ow/?comments=1
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:58 AM   #1302
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Which character did you use? I went with Kassandra and am so glad I did as Alexios seems like a neanderthal in comparison. She's one of the best characters in recent years in any game.
I went with Alexios but,...

Spoiler!
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:10 AM   #1303
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I went with Alexios but,...

Spoiler!
Yeah I was trying to envision the other scenario and it seems like the Kassandra story-line suits the characters better.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #1304
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I see that Ubisoft is launching a Uplay+ subscription service (PC only) in September that's similar to EA's for $20/month.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #1305
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I see that Ubisoft is launching a Uplay+ subscription service (PC only) in September that's similar to EA's for $20/month.
Could be interesting. I actually just canceled my subscription to EA's, they just haven't added enough games. Ubi seems to release more games I like though, mostly Tom Clancy stuff
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 04:29 PM   #1306
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Could be interesting. I actually just canceled my subscription to EA's, they just haven't added enough games. Ubi seems to release more games I like though, mostly Tom Clancy stuff
EA also gets access to quite a bit of Paradox's library. I was a little bit miffed when I realized that after I'd already shelled out for Hearts of Iron but not a huge deal. I think Basic Origin is worth the $5 I pay for it, but I wouldn't shell out extra for Premier.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:08 PM   #1307
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
EA also gets access to quite a bit of Paradox's library. I was a little bit miffed when I realized that after I'd already shelled out for Hearts of Iron but not a huge deal. I think Basic Origin is worth the $5 I pay for it, but I wouldn't shell out extra for Premier.
That is a good point, although I already own pretty much every Paradox game on Steam.

I had the Premier, basically because all I wanted when I got it was BFV when it first came out, figured the extra 30 or so bucks for the year would be worth it for Anthem plus whatever ever else they come out with and add. Then of course Anthem sucked and they never added anything else big.

I could see myself getting the Basic in the future, you're right about Premier not being worth it

Last edited by btimbit; 07-10-2019 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:18 AM   #1308
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just a heads up for Prime Day.

PS4 Slim with Spiderman and Horizon for $300, god of war for $33, Xbox 1S and games for $230, Far Cry new dawn for $30, and lots more.

https://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=gbps_ftr...Y9EEQB&ie=UTF8
Old 07-15-2019, 07:50 AM   #1309
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post

PS4 Slim with Spiderman and Horizon for $300, god of war for $33, Xbox 1S and games for $230, Far Cry new dawn for $30, and lots more.

Hmmm.... very tempting.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #1310
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post

If you're looking for new controllers, now is the time to buy. Both PS4 and Xbox One controllers can be had for $50
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #1311
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think I've posted about this game on here before, but it looks incredible and the Kickstarter started today.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1150842577949794304

And that collector's edition

Last edited by Ashasx; 07-15-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:52 PM   #1312
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Total War Three Kingdoms might be the best one in the series. I'm loving it despite it being a part of history I was never that interested in
Old 07-15-2019, 04:14 PM   #1313
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I think I've posted about this game on here before, but it looks incredible and the Kickstarter started today.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1150842577949794304

And that collector's edition

Looks pretty cool but I’m only interested in a console version — I’ll check later to see if they’re pushing close to that stretch goal.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:45 PM   #1314
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

My latest creation in the ongoing saga to replace add a bunch of Canadian inspired police cars to GTAV. Anyone that travels the highways around Alberta should recognize thise

Spoiler!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 04:48 PM   #1315
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I picked up the All Digital Xbox One S on the Prime Day deal. The Xbox Game Pass has been calling my name for a while, it just really suits my gaming style now and the value is ridiculous. They really butter up first time subscribers for it too -- I have Game Pass Ultimate (with the Gold subscription and PC games) through to the end of the year for like $18.

Downloaded Ori and the Blind Forest (for myself, been wanting to play it since it released) and Goat Simulator (to play with my son) last night and it's great, much improved from when I had an Xbox One a while ago. And the selection on Xbox Game Pass is awesome.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2019, 03:20 PM   #1316
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I picked up the All Digital Xbox One S on the Prime Day deal. The Xbox Game Pass has been calling my name for a while, it just really suits my gaming style now and the value is ridiculous. They really butter up first time subscribers for it too -- I have Game Pass Ultimate (with the Gold subscription and PC games) through to the end of the year for like $18.

Downloaded Ori and the Blind Forest (for myself, been wanting to play it since it released) and Goat Simulator (to play with my son) last night and it's great, much improved from when I had an Xbox One a while ago. And the selection on Xbox Game Pass is awesome.

Yeah I’ve been a subscriber since the beginning and it has come a long way in terms of selection. It’s great for dabbling in titles that you’d otherwise not pull the trigger on in the store. The fact that Microsoft 1st party titles land in Game Pass at launch is a huge value add.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:10 PM   #1317
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post

Keep in mind you can get up to 36 months and get game pass for $1, so essentially ultimate game pass for 180 for 3 years!
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:02 PM   #1318
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIP MAN View Post
Keep in mind you can get up to 36 months and get game pass for $1, so essentially ultimate game pass for 180 for 3 years!
How does this work?

Edit: I had Gold and signed up for Ultimate. I have it until February. If I extend my Gold membership will I get Ultimate extended too?

Last edited by DownInFlames; 07-18-2019 at 07:06 PM.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:36 PM   #1319
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Coolest thing about the Xbox Games pass is it usually includes PC versions of games too
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #1320
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
How does this work?

Edit: I had Gold and signed up for Ultimate. I have it until February. If I extend my Gold membership will I get Ultimate extended too?
I don't think so. You would have had to extend it before signing up for the $1 deal.

I only received three months of Ultimate since I was on a 3 months for $1 deal so mine ends at the end of August. I have so many games already that I think if I did extend it would be a waste of money.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post: