Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-12-2019, 10:40 AM   #1001
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
The crowd was healthy in numbers. You can see glimpses of it in the highlights.

Disagree with Dean. That tackle was reckless (2:49). That ref didn't have the sack to close the coffin on Hamilton. Accurate depiction on the gameplay though, although much of that early Forge possession was owned by their backfield.

And how slick was Camargo's short-side toe poke redirection winner. Class.

Did the supporters call Forge racists as they took to the field?
Yea I sent him a message saying "2 things......#1 - How the F&*( wasn't that a red, and #2 - were you milking it?"

That was his response, and for #2, no he was not lol.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:41 AM   #1002
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
The cavs were certainly missing Nik Ledgerwood at points last night. It would be nice if he was back before they play the Whitecaps.
Yea seeing as most guys on the team will have never played an opponent of that calibre, it would be really important to have someone who has. Would be a calming influence.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #1003
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Adekugbe had a poor game last night. His ball management needs work. A few times last night he simply gave the ball away with poor placement.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #1004
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think with a healthy Ledgerwood, Trafford, Malonga and Buscher forming an experienced core, there's a chance we might get some close results or even an upset.

Anyone planning to go to Vancouver for the return leg, or does that all depend on how Game 1 goes?
Old 06-12-2019, 11:45 AM   #1005
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
I think with a healthy Ledgerwood, Trafford, Malonga and Buscher forming an experienced core, there's a chance we might get some close results or even an upset.

Anyone planning to go to Vancouver for the return leg, or does that all depend on how Game 1 goes?
I would be a liar if I told you I didn't google flight, and hotel costs for July 24th in Vancouver. I am very tempted, but it wouldn't be cheap.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:46 AM   #1006
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm tempted as hell as well. I might do it.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #1007
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I would be a liar if I told you I didn't google flight, and hotel costs for July 24th in Vancouver. I am very tempted, but it wouldn't be cheap.
I haven't looked at hotels yet, just flights and tickets.

Looks like comparable prices as Cavalry for the tickets (some under $40, most over $50), and flights are a few hundred all in right now.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #1008
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

On that note. Those thinking about going to Edmonton this Saturday for an away trip can get your tickets to the supporter section like this... Looks like 40 + Fans will be there. tickets are only 21 bucks or something like that.

LINK: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/fce...promotion/home
CODE: FCECAV

Last edited by TheIronMaiden; 06-12-2019 at 12:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 11:53 AM   #1009
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Vancouver Whitecaps FC Matches

Vancouver Whitecaps FC play at the newly renovated BC Place (777 Pacific Blvd) which is located in the south east corner of downtown Vancouver. It is two blocks west of Stadium Skytrain Station, but is easy walking distance from anywhere downtown.

Tickets are available from Ticketmaster; however, all away supporters should contact one of the the Whitecaps interns (sales@whitecapsfc.com) to get tickets in the designated away supporters section. The Southsiders are located in Sections 248-254 so we strongly urge away supporters to avoid these sections as well as section 201-207 which are other designated home supporters sections.

For questions regarding what flags, banners, and musical instruments are allowed we suggest you review the Whitecaps FC’s Spectators information (http://www.whitecapsfc.com/match-day...or-information) and then email Shaina Walker (swalker@whitecapsfc.com) with specific inquires.

If you need to go to the Whitecaps’ office to pick up tickets, or for any other reason, it is
located in the North East corner of the downtown core in an area called Gastown. The office is located in a building called The Landing at 375 Water St. It is one block east of Waterfront Station if you are travelling on transit and a 2 minute walk from the Gastown Steamclock, one of Vancouvers’ top tourist attractions. There are lots of great restaurants, bars, and shops in this area.
https://vancouversouthsiders.ca/page/away-fans-guide
Old 06-12-2019, 12:01 PM   #1010
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Depending on how many people you have interested...could a small charter plane be feasible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #1011
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Adekugbe had a poor game last night. His ball management needs work. A few times last night he simply gave the ball away with poor placement.
He was also facing a stronger, holding mid in Forge's Cisse. Adekugbe/Wheeldon need to come up with a better strategy when facing a better possession mid. Especially, a quick first pass to safety.

There were times with Adekugbe under pressure, and the defenders weren't in safe (square) positions for him to out the ball to.

In part to the subpar performance from Adekugbe, - our ball winner, Boescher was my PoM. He was everywhere, and looked to have been swapped early (75' if I recall), due to exhaustion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 12:52 PM   #1012
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
On that note. Those thinking about going to Edmonton this Saturday for an away trip can get your tickets to the supporter section like this... Looks like 40 + Fans will be there. tickets are only 21 bucks or something like that.

LINK: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/fce...promotion/home
CODE: FCECAV
You can have two free ones from me! I have a pair and can't go, but no one has taken them off my hands!
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #1013
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
The crowd was healthy in numbers. You can see glimpses of it in the highlights.

Disagree with Dean. That tackle was reckless (2:49). That ref didn't have the sack to close the coffin on Hamilton. Accurate depiction on the gameplay though, although much of that early Forge possession was owned by their backfield.
I agree on the tackle. That should have been a red. And the diver in the 95th minute there should have gotten a yellow for simulation. I'd be flippant and comment that those calls were the result of Forge being a privileged child in this league, but the reality is, that was consistent with how inconsistent the officiating has been thus far.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:44 PM   #1014
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

And with Edmonton and Winnipeg both trailing in their series heading into tonight's matches, how sweet would it be of all three of the CPL's favoured sons got knocked out in their first rounds?
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #1015
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
I agree on the tackle. That should have been a red. And the diver in the 95th minute there should have gotten a yellow for simulation. I'd be flippant and comment that those calls were the result of Forge being a privileged child in this league, but the reality is, that was consistent with how inconsistent the officiating has been thus far.
I'm pretty certain the 2nd Cavalry goal was offside, so I'll happily suck up a couple bad calls the other way regarding a lack of cards.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:07 PM   #1016
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I'm pretty certain the 2nd Cavalry goal was offside, so I'll happily suck up a couple bad calls the other way regarding a lack of cards.
I don't think so. Camargo was lateral at worst to Pasquotti. Pasquotti took the ball off an errant pass backwards from Cisse. Pasquotti did take the ball from an offside position, but because it originated from opposition, he's free to take it.

Which leads us to this post-game nonse from Forge.
https://forgefc.canpl.ca/video/highl...-in-canchamp-2

Quote:
Elimane Cissé (Forge FC)
Despite the loss, Cissé put on a clinic in midfield possession, making a team-high 42 passes with a stunning 100% accuracy. He also made four tackles and four interceptions for Forge.
Lol
Old 06-12-2019, 02:16 PM   #1017
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Pasquotti took the ball off an errant pass backwards from Cisse. Pasquotti did take the ball from an offside position, but because it originated from opposition, he's free to take it.
Oh! Good catch! I did not notice that live, I thought that was a Cavalry pass.

There may have been other factors to my lack of judgement.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 03:56 PM   #1018
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
Depending on how many people you have interested...could a small charter plane be feasible?

I think it would be hilarious to have a bunch of posters who incessantly whine about the ticket prices chartering a flight to an away game....

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #1019
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
I think it would be hilarious to have a bunch of posters who incessantly whine about the ticket prices chartering a flight to an away game....

I just remember there being a company that would charter jets to Vancouver for short turnaround return fairs based around sporting events. They did this for the grey cup and that playoff series against the Canucks a number of years back. It was like $200 round trip.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:12 PM   #1020
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
I just remember there being a company that would charter jets to Vancouver for short turnaround return fairs based around sporting events. They did this for the grey cup and that playoff series against the Canucks a number of years back. It was like $200 round trip.

Yeah I took that one to Vancouver for the Flames vs Canucks, it was awesome.

The company had a crowd sourcing model where if they got something like 80 people to commit, they would book it.

Jet GO, or Go Jet??
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge