Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-30-2019, 07:18 AM   #1481
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Ausländer is already the 3rd video off the album as they aren't wasting any time recording videos. Honestly this song isn't resonating for me right now but maybe I need to listen to it a few more hours.

Zeig Dich is due for a video here at some point as well, as there were photos released of the band on set wearing a myriad of religious garb I believe. That’s in my top 2 or 3 tracks on this album.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #1482
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any love for industrial metal? I'm a bit of a 3Teeth fan.

Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 09:55 AM   #1483
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some bad news for Megadeth fans: Dave Mustaine's been diagnosed with throat cancer.

Quote:
Mustaine announced his diagnosis on the metal band's website, but said he was optimistic about his treatment plan.

"It's clearly something to be respected and faced head on - but I've faced obstacles before," he said.

"I'm working closely with my doctors, and we've mapped out a treatment plan which they feel has a 90% success rate. Treatment has already begun."

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48674208

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #1484
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah heard about that yesterday. Sucks to hear but he sounds pretty positive.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:57 PM   #1485
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

crazy that half of 2019 is gone already! Time flies. Lots of great music so far this year, at least in my opinion - and some great albums are yet to come (Tool, Alter Bridge, Babymetal, Chevelle, Deftones, Jinjer, Mastodon, Be'Lakor, Band-Maid, Russian Circles etc ... okay, some of them might actually come in 2020, but I'm still optimistic ). Some of my favourites (both rock and metal) so far:

Eluveitie - Deathwalker
Cellar Darling - Insomnia (live)
Amon Amarth - Crack the Sky
Soen - Covenant
Baroness - Borderline
In Flames - I, the Mask
Swallow the Sun - The Crimson Crown
Babymetal - Elevator Girl
Mark Morton ft. Chester Bennington - Cross Off
Frozen Crown - Neverending
Tyr - Sunset Shore
Russian Circles - Arluck
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #1486
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still don't know how I feel about Babymetal. It kind of creeps me out, those kids came out when they were like 14.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:26 PM   #1487
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I still don't know how I feel about Babymetal. It kind of creeps me out, those kids came out when they were like 14.
I don't think the age matters that much seeing there's been plenty of boy bands and underage pop stars. You can like the music without having to feel some sort of sexual connection an artist. I'm all over the map liking a lot of varieties of music but I just can't get into Kawaii metal so it's nothing to do with the girls for me as I love female fronted metal bands like Jinjer, In this Moment, Delain, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, etc. Maybe if I gave it more listens I could grow to like it more but since there's not a shortage of music I like to listen to I just don't feel like putting in the time.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:47 PM   #1488
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm listening to the latest Devin Townsend album. Some of you really like this eh? I can understand why some think he's brilliant as there's a lot going on, it's very polished and clever as you really don't know what to expect from within each song let alone song to song. I can see this is going to take several listens for me to really warm up to this as I can't figure out if it's truly great music or more of a guy trying really hard to impress us with his genius.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 06-28-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:32 PM   #1489
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm listening to the latest Devin Townsend album. Some of you really like this eh? I can understand why some think he's brilliant as there's a lot going on, it's very polished and clever as you really don't know what to expect from within each song let alone song to song. I can see this is going to take several listens for me to really warm up to this as I can't figure out if it's truly great music or more of a guy trying really hard to impress us with his genius.

It's an album that takes a few listens, for sure. If nothing else you have to admire his audacity and effort. I personally love the record.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2019, 04:13 PM   #1490
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

saw Jinjer live tonight. If you have the chance to see them, do yourselves a favor and go for it ... they are super-awesome, even more so in concert. The band is tight and their timing is just perfect, and Tatiana, well, that woman is absolutely incredible. Switching between cleans and growls and having both sound great is incredibly hard, and she makes it look it easy. Wonderful performance, sadly a relatively short set (TesseracT was the main act, but most people were there for Jinjer and TesseracT had to deal with an almost half-empty room).

some pics and videos:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2019, 06:52 AM   #1491
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have tickets for their October concert at Dickens.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:39 PM   #1492
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
crazy that half of 2019 is gone already! Time flies. Lots of great music so far this year, at least in my opinion - and some great albums are yet to come (Tool, Alter Bridge, Babymetal, Chevelle, Deftones, Jinjer, Mastodon, Be'Lakor, Band-Maid, Russian Circles etc ... okay, some of them might actually come in 2020, but I'm still optimistic ). Some of my favourites (both rock and metal) so far:

Eluveitie - Deathwalker
Cellar Darling - Insomnia (live)
Amon Amarth - Crack the Sky
Soen - Covenant
Baroness - Borderline
In Flames - I, the Mask
Swallow the Sun - The Crimson Crown
Babymetal - Elevator Girl
Mark Morton ft. Chester Bennington - Cross Off
Frozen Crown - Neverending
Tyr - Sunset Shore
Russian Circles - Arluck
New Russian Circles you say eh? Thay grabbed my attention. Thay will pair nicely with the new TOOL.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 02:13 PM   #1493
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alien Weaponrys new tracks are pretty good. Really liked their first album.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:04 PM   #1494
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy and At the Gates are playing a show in Calgary this October for anyone interested.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:37 PM   #1495
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was thinking about going but I already have tickets for four different concerts (Ghost, Lacuna Coil, Delain, and Jinjer) from end of Sept to late October. I like some Arch Enemy songs but I can only handle that kind of singing in small doses. I like that Jinjer breaks up the growls with bridges in most of their songs which at least to me makes them more enjoyable to listen.

New video from Lacuna Coil (my favorite Italian band) in Calgary Oct. 6. Great band. Lets get out and support these bands!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 03:45 PM   #1496
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

And fair enough about screaming, metal is a weird type of music to get into at a baseline. I personally could listen to cookie monster screaming all day long.

That's probably part of the reason one of my favourite bands recently has been whitechapel. I was also at the children of bodom show earlier this year and completely lucked out and got to have drinks after the show with the whole band.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:59 PM   #1497
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy and At the Gates are playing a show in Calgary this October for anyone interested.
Oh i hope that same tour stops in Vancouver. That's two bucket list bands in one show. At the Gates being the big one for me followed by Amon Amarth. Seen Arch Enemy a long time ago in a plane hangar in Calgary with Bullet for my Valentine and Cradle of Filth.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:33 PM   #1498
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

only month to go until the new Tool album drops today they've announced the title: "Fear Inoculum". And they've also announced that their albums will finally be available on streaming services this Friday. About time!
Old 07-30-2019, 03:21 PM   #1499
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Tool hasn't released an album in 13 years, so I'm really interested in hearing where they go with it. Their evolution as a band seemed to plateau around Schism and 10,000 days. Will it be a masterpiece over a decade in the making? Or will it be a complete mess performed by disinterested musicians?
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:46 PM   #1500
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

New King Diamond album forthcoming called The Institute. During the Europe tour he is currently on he released a new track called Masquerade Of Madness. First new KD song in like 11 years! I like it, sounds like old school KD from the 80's.

dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote