Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2019, 07:38 PM   #3321
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
The Six Million Dollar Man was one of my favourite shows when I was a kid. Who remembers the Bigfoot episodes?

Ha ha ha ha ha. I vaguely remember this show as I was quite young and out of curiosity watched that. That part where the sasquatch throws him and while he's rolling down the hill they play the sound effects of bombs. WTF? Must have been one of Andre the Giant's first roles.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:05 PM   #3322
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finally got around to watching "Behind the Curve". Wow that was one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. It did a great job letting me into this strange world and seeing how these people think. It was also great how they weren't poking fun at anyone and had a great overall message of tolerance but still gave the flat earthers more than enough rope to hang themselves with.

I'm not sure who is dumber though. The flat earthers, or the IMDB reviewers who gave this 1/10 because they didn't understand it was a documentary about the flat earthers, not a documentary trying to convert people to becoming flat earthers.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:50 PM   #3323
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

"The bones are their money, so are the worms."

It took me a while to get into the headspace that's required, but I Think You Should Leave is fantastic.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2019, 07:42 PM   #3324
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
I finally got around to watching "Behind the Curve". Wow that was one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. It did a great job letting me into this strange world and seeing how these people think. It was also great how they weren't poking fun at anyone and had a great overall message of tolerance but still gave the flat earthers more than enough rope to hang themselves with.

I'm not sure who is dumber though. The flat earthers, or the IMDB reviewers who gave this 1/10 because they didn't understand it was a documentary about the flat earthers, not a documentary trying to convert people to becoming flat earthers.
x2, I really enjoyed that. I don't know why but it's such an interesting topic to me. I remember when I first heard about the modern flat earth theory like 10 years ago I went to their website and spent like 7 hours straight reading up on it. Some of their arguments and theories are really interesting
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:53 AM   #3325
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Damnit, I just noticed cosmos is gone. Because of Neil DeGrasse Tyson, I'm assuming? What's another good show/series on Netflix to learn about the universe?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:14 AM   #3326
Guest1

Watched Mid-90's last night. Directed by Jonah Hill. I grew up in the skateboarding crowd in the early 90's, so could relate quite a bit with this movie and enjoyed it. But I had the feeling it was trying to be like the movie "Kids" and at the end I was expecting something bigger.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:25 AM   #3327
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Damnit, I just noticed cosmos is gone. Because of Neil DeGrasse Tyson, I'm assuming? What's another good show/series on Netflix to learn about the universe?
More likely that Netflix's rights to it ran out and Disney (the new owner of Fox and NatGeo) didn't renew it because it will be one of the launch titles on Disney+ in the fall.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #3328
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Black Mirror Season 5. June 5th.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2019, 04:45 PM   #3329
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched “One Last Shot”; it has the Trailer Park Boys in one of their first movies. (No bubbles). Characters are early versions of who Ricky and Julian become, but they aren’t those characters.

Mr. Lahey is in it as Mr Lahie.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:49 PM   #3330
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

That takes me back, I remember seeing it years ago. That's where Julian (or whatever the characters name was beck then. Jerry? Gary?) worked in a pet store and Lahey was the manager? So crazy seeing where the beginnings of those guys. Also surprised me that it looked like Robb Wells was actually a pretty good actor, I'd always had him pegged as a guy that was good at the one character and that's all, but he was decent in that

Last edited by btimbit; 05-15-2019 at 09:52 PM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:15 PM   #3331
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
"The bones are their money, so are the worms."

It took me a while to get into the headspace that's required, but I Think You Should Leave is fantastic.
Just came here to post this. First episode was hit or miss but the "Baby of the Year" skit had me laughing pretty good and most of second episode is pretty funny.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2019, 10:25 PM   #3332
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
That takes me back, I remember seeing it years ago. That's where Julian (or whatever the characters name was beck then. Jerry? Gary?) worked in a pet store and Lahey was the manager? So crazy seeing where the beginnings of those guys. Also surprised me that it looked like Robb Wells was actually a pretty good actor, I'd always had him pegged as a guy that was good at the one character and that's all, but he was decent in that
F’in a-toe-de-so
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #3333
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Just came here to post this. First episode was hit or miss but the "Baby of the Year" skit had me laughing pretty good and most of second episode is pretty funny.
God the baby skit was so good. Everything about it was amazing.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 11:45 AM   #3334
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
"I hope you ####ing die, Harley Jarvis!"

"I've been conflicted about saying anything because I feel like Michael Patrick Porkins could win it even without the oral. His father didn't need to do the oral."

Gold, Jerry.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 08:01 PM   #3335
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just started watching this one show, “Lookalikes”. It’s kind of lame, but the one hilarious thing is how the black celebrity lookalikes look absolutely nothing like the actual celebrities. I think they just picked out random black people and said, “this is Will Smith and this is Barack Obama”.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:42 PM   #3336
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #3337
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I started watching "Easy". It's pretty great. It has excellent writing, characters and acting. Throw in a bit of softcore and it's a solid show. 8, 30 minutes episodes makes it quick to get through.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:48 PM   #3338
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, finally figured out the Netflix erroring out constantly on my AppleTV that had been plaguing me for the last while.

Somehow with the new router I had inadvertently reserved a DHCP address and had a static IP set on the AppleTV. The Netflix app seemed to be the only thing that reacted poorly to it though.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:20 AM   #3339
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Well, finally figured out the Netflix erroring out constantly on my AppleTV that had been plaguing me for the last while.

Somehow with the new router I had inadvertently reserved a DHCP address and had a static IP set on the AppleTV. The Netflix app seemed to be the only thing that reacted poorly to it though.
How did you fix that. Netflix on my Samsung tv has had an error for like 3-4 days now.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:40 AM   #3340
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
"I hope you ####ing die, Harley Jarvis!"

"I've been conflicted about saying anything because I feel like Michael Patrick Porkins could win it even without the oral. His father didn't need to do the oral."

Gold, Jerry.
Rewatched the whole series with my buddies yesterday and everyone was pretty much dying laughing. Just so absurd.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post: