Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #121
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
I ordered mine Friday night, and mine says processing, with a ship date of April 15. Someone in the SG who ordered at the bar while the kit launch was going on received an email saying his ship date was April 22.

I wouldn't expect much from the club on this. Our season ticket package said we would get 15% off merch and the club told us they have not heard about a discount for the CPL online shop. Every other CPL club seems to be able to figure out how to do it. We've got a bunch of people in the SG holding back their jersey purchases waiting for this.
Yeah, and to be honest the communication has been rather poor. I know when I spoke with the rep and bought my tickets that she said there was something happening. But really, I bought my tickets and haven't heard anything since. Like I have no actual tickets. And yeah, I want them on the app, but that doesn't seem to work for me at this point either.

I'm obviously not super concerned about this, but it's a bit irritating that they send all these automated emails about other tickets and packages and things like that, but barely anything about having actually bought tickets.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:20 AM   #122
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Yeah, and to be honest the communication has been rather poor. I know when I spoke with the rep and bought my tickets that she said there was something happening. But really, I bought my tickets and haven't heard anything since. Like I have no actual tickets. And yeah, I want them on the app, but that doesn't seem to work for me at this point either.

I'm obviously not super concerned about this, but it's a bit irritating that they send all these automated emails about other tickets and packages and things like that, but barely anything about having actually bought tickets.
Sorry, I meant member package in the previous post, not ticket package. No one will get physical tickets. They are all through the mobile app.

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2019, 11:21 AM   #123
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

The last of the 3 signings I mentioned a few weeks ago was just announced. Honduran winger Jose Escalante. Spent some time in MLS a few years back.

https://cavalryfc.canpl.ca/article/c...for-cavalry-fc

Old 04-11-2019, 01:20 PM   #124
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1116413140638556161
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #125
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

CBC would be good. Available to cable subscribers plus cord cutters. Better reach than even TSN and Sportsnet.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:25 PM   #126
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Main grandstand is officially under construction. When we talked to the Spruce Meadows folks at the kit reveal, they mentioned the grandstand would take only a few days once construction started.

https://twitter.com/CPLCavalryFC/sta...78009522950144

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2019, 06:22 PM   #127
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Confirmation by John Molinaro of Sportsnet, who IMO is the best soccer journalist in the country.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1116804409394991105

Old 04-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #128
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I wouldn't expect much from the club on this. Our season ticket package said we would get 15% off merch and the club told us they have not heard about a discount for the CPL online shop. Every other CPL club seems to be able to figure out how to do it. We've got a bunch of people in the SG holding back their jersey purchases waiting for this.
I just contacted my ticket rep and was told:
- Membership package pickup tentatively scheduled for April 24 & 27
- Discount on merch will be based on membership card (so I assume only for on location purchases, not online)
- The gift for the lowest membership tier (Troops) is an exclusive scarf
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsenal14 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 03:25 PM   #129
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal14 View Post
I just contacted my ticket rep and was told:
- Membership package pickup tentatively scheduled for April 24 & 27
- Discount on merch will be based on membership card (so I assume only for on location purchases, not online)
- The gift for the lowest membership tier (Troops) is an exclusive scarf
Hopefully not, hopefully when you sign up for an account at the CPL store, there will be a spot for a membership card number. Sounds like some of the other clubs have figured something out for its season ticket holders.

I mean, buying items at the store on game days isn't the worst, but impulse online shopping is where they'll get more of my money.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:25 PM   #130
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I've been pleasantly surprised by everything they've done so far (except pricing a really good section to the point where it will be mostly empty), but in 2019 you HAVE to have membership discounts available on online orders....HAVE to.

The convenience factor is important but even more so is the perception. The perception in 2019 of not having full online capability for everything is "are these guys 80 years old? Do they not know how 90% of consumers do things?".

If anyone in the organization reads this thread, make sure you fix this, as it may seem minor in the grand scheme but now a days online capabilities for consumers is near or at number one.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:56 AM   #131
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Flames season ticket holders still dont get discount online.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:48 AM   #132
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I've been pleasantly surprised by everything they've done so far (except pricing a really good section to the point where it will be mostly empty), but in 2019 you HAVE to have membership discounts available on online orders....HAVE to.

The convenience factor is important but even more so is the perception. The perception in 2019 of not having full online capability for everything is "are these guys 80 years old? Do they not know how 90% of consumers do things?".

If anyone in the organization reads this thread, make sure you fix this, as it may seem minor in the grand scheme but now a days online capabilities for consumers is near or at number one.
Which sports teams do this today?
Old 04-16-2019, 12:18 PM   #133
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like members just got an email about a roster reveal event. At the event, they will have season ticket packages available for pick-up and a chance to buy home jerseys with the season ticket discount card!

Good thing I dropped $180 on a customized away shirt that won't come for a long time.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #134
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Looks like members just got an email about a roster reveal event. At the event, they will have season ticket packages available for pick-up and a chance to buy home jerseys with the season ticket discount card!

Good thing I dropped $180 on a customized away shirt that won't come for a long time.
I'm looking forward to it. Awfully nice having a pick-up event a couple blocks from my office, saves a trip out to Spruce Meadows for that. I'm still undecided though on the home kit. I've got a lot of red shirts already between Arsenal, the Flames and the Stampeders. The green would give me something new at least but the camo scares me. Hopefully they'll have some on display at least for the roster reveal so I can decide then.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:30 PM   #135
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

CBC seems to be opening up their timeslots for the opening weekend's games...

http://northerntribune.ca/cbc-sports-cpl/

Old 04-16-2019, 03:55 PM   #136
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal14 View Post
I'm looking forward to it. Awfully nice having a pick-up event a couple blocks from my office, saves a trip out to Spruce Meadows for that. I'm still undecided though on the home kit. I've got a lot of red shirts already between Arsenal, the Flames and the Stampeders. The green would give me something new at least but the camo scares me. Hopefully they'll have some on display at least for the roster reveal so I can decide then.
I also really want to see the away jersey in person before spending money on it. In some pictures it looks really nice, and in others, it looks a little gimmicky.

Anyone mulling over the $100/season VIP Mess Pass? I assume that is per ticket, not per season ticket holder.

Last edited by Thunderball; 04-16-2019 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:48 PM   #137
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
I also really want to see the away jersey in person before spending money on it. In some pictures it looks really nice, and in others, it looks a little gimmicky.

Anyone mulling over the $100/season VIP Mess Pass? I assume that is per ticket, not per season ticket holder.
I’ve kind of debated it. But I don’t know if it’s worth it? For 15 games we’re talking like $13 a game, so it’s not a huge deal, but I don’t know if there’s a value their either?
Old 04-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #138
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1118298299746750464

Old 04-17-2019, 01:26 PM   #139
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Club just confirmed with me that they will be bussing supporters from downtown to games this year. Details aren't 100% finalized, but it will be from a pub just off 17th Ave. Not the Ship and Anchor, but very close. I'll post further details when finalized.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019, 02:30 PM   #140
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Club just confirmed with me that they will be bussing supporters from downtown to games this year. Details aren't 100% finalized, but it will be from a pub just off 17th Ave. Not the Ship and Anchor, but very close. I'll post further details when finalized.
That's fantastic and solves the problem of where to have a couple pints before and/or after the match.
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge