Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-15-2019, 05:54 PM   #901
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
If you liked the first game and love the over-the-top, ridiculous storyline, it's a no-brainer. Was one of my favourite games when it came out.
It has IMO one of the most over the top, laugh out loud, hilarious scenes (the Hitler scene) I've ever seen in a video game. I can't remember a recent comedy movie that had a scene as funny. I also enjoyed it and a bonus is that it's one of the best looking games of this generation.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 11:37 PM   #902
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
This game is now terrifying, absolute nightmare fuel. I've never "noped" my way out of a game until last night.
interesting... i played RE2 as a kid and really enjoyed it... got too many backlogged games to pick it up right now, but will once the price drops.

personally, the scariest game i played was probably Dead Space, followed by Fatal Frame 2/Silent Hill

played the demo, and gotta admit, i was pretty jumpy...should be a good time!
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:06 AM   #903
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If you liked the first game and love the over-the-top, ridiculous storyline, it's a no-brainer. Was one of my favourite games when it came out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
It has IMO one of the most over the top, laugh out loud, hilarious scenes (the Hitler scene) I've ever seen in a video game. I can't remember a recent comedy movie that had a scene as funny. I also enjoyed it and a bonus is that it's one of the best looking games of this generation.
I've never played any of the original Wolfenstein. But I saw some game play and it looked like it was somewhat in the same range as Dead Space and Prey, which I liked, but far less angst as those two titles, which was nice as it seemed something I could play more casually and relax more (which is my concern with RE VII and the Evil Within 2 which I also have on the list and why I had originally lined up life is strange 2 for a change of pace in between). The wheel chair play through stuff looked hilarious and I'm surprised I have never really discovered the Wolfenstein series.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:12 AM   #904
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was bored and needed a game so picked up Dark Souls Remastered (on Switch).

I haven't played any of the 'Souls' series proper, but did play Bloodborne so kind of know what I'm getting in to. It's fun so far, I'm at the first proper boss (some Minotaur thing on a bridge) that kicked my ass. It's more forgiving than Bloodborne in some aspects (don't have to beat the first boss to unlock leveling up, don't have to buy health potions) and trickier in some others (have to get used to the slower, more methodical movement and combat). Enjoying it so far, though!
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:40 PM   #905
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Division 2 is alright. No big improvement over the original but that's alright since I liked the original
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:20 PM   #906
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I was bored and needed a game so picked up Dark Souls Remastered (on Switch).

I haven't played any of the 'Souls' series proper, but did play Bloodborne so kind of know what I'm getting in to. It's fun so far, I'm at the first proper boss (some Minotaur thing on a bridge) that kicked my ass. It's more forgiving than Bloodborne in some aspects (don't have to beat the first boss to unlock leveling up, don't have to buy health potions) and trickier in some others (have to get used to the slower, more methodical movement and combat). Enjoying it so far, though!
big fan of Bloodborne, which lead me to try Dark Souls 3, which was super frustrating at first due to the differences in combat...

have a copy of Dark Souls Remastered that i am planning to play, but have a number of games (RDR2, Metro exodus and Far Cry new Dawn, RE2) still to play.

shadows die twice is looking impressive too.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:30 PM   #907
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep I have the collector’s edition of Sekiro paid off, its looking excellent.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2019, 08:50 PM   #908
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Played about 1.5 hours, including a multiplayer mission with a boss fight, of the Division 2 on the PC. It's fantastic! If you liked the first one, then you'll feel right at home with the latest iteration. The bad guys don't seem to be big bullet sponges which is something that people didn't like in the first one.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 02:08 AM   #909
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Blood borne and Dark Souls were interesting games to say the least. As frustrating as the game is, the end result is amazingly rewarding. I really enjoyed them all.

I found the way that I enjoyed the game the most would be to follow a no glitch speed run, then after beating the game once, then I'll play based slowly to absorb deeper nuances of the game. Otherwise, I found myself overloaded and it would take forever to progress in the game and I'd just turn it off in frustration.

My buddy considers it cheating, but I've played demons souls and dark souls in a way before where I'd spend hours and days completely stuck, then I find out that I had somehow skipped a bunch of quests in between. It's the only two games I have ever used walk through on and in both series, it actually allowed me to enjoy the game and not quit before understanding it (although I feel like I needed walk thoughs more for dark souls than blood borne). Also, even if you see how someone beat the boss, it's not easy actually defeating the boss. It's kinda like a chess puzzle. You know there's a sequence that allows you to win, but if you misplay the order of your moves, you'll lose instead... but you technically can have a different set of pieces as someone else.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #910
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and Detroit Become Human are all coming to PC. Unforunately, only on the Epic Games store.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:44 PM   #911
spuzzum
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cne...n-4-on-notice/

This was mentioned in the Android thread while details came out Tuesday. Stadia could be a total game changer in the industry or completely flop. Absolutely love the notion of little to no hardware requirements outside of a controller. Things come to mind like lag, 4k, ultra high resolution, and overall gameplay. Although Google is a pretty innovative company with the money and global dominance to back it up.
spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:00 PM   #912
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuzzum View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cne...n-4-on-notice/

This was mentioned in the Android thread while details came out Tuesday. Stadia could be a total game changer in the industry or completely flop. Absolutely love the notion of little to no hardware requirements outside of a controller. Things come to mind like lag, 4k, ultra high resolution, and overall gameplay. Although Google is a pretty innovative company with the money and global dominance to back it up.
Definitely going to be interesting. Expected something like this since services like Playstation Now started. Will be neat to see how it all pans out
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:30 PM   #913
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its pretty amazing to play a high end game at the highest settings on a 10 year old laptop (not even a gaming laptop) attached to a tv...I beta tested a similar service a while back, not sure if its there yet but certainly is the future.

No hardware, just buy the latest game
Old 03-21-2019, 07:16 AM   #914
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Since Anthem didn't keep my attention, I've started up with The Division 2.
Really liking it so far. If anyone here wants to play it (PC) let me know - none of my friends want to play a "realistic looter shooter"
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Esoteric For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2019, 11:30 AM   #915
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sooooooo, any chance anyone else is playing Gold Rush? Fun game. Has it's quirks but I've been enjoying pretending I'm a gold miner.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:48 AM   #916
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
Since Anthem didn't keep my attention, I've started up with The Division 2.
Really liking it so far. If anyone here wants to play it (PC) let me know - none of my friends want to play a "realistic looter shooter"
Is it playable with a gamepad or is it more M&K? I may eventually try to build a lap pad or some other workaround so I can get back to trying shooters with M&K but it's just too frustrating to play them from my couch.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:49 AM   #917
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2019, 11:58 AM   #918
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

On another note, I've finally gotten around to playing Far Cry 5 an I love it. I was dealing with a bit of screen-tearing at first and was hesitant to turn v-sync on in the game (I play on a 55" plasma that gets max 60 FPS) because I've had bad experiences with in-game v-sync settings in the past (usually results in noticeable slowdown in-game). As such, I generally resort to changing the settings to enable enhanced sync at the GPU level in the profile for each game as opposed to in the game itself. That generally fixes the problem, but I was still getting some mild screen-tearing this way with FC5. I turned the v-sync on in-game and voila, graphics were smooth on ultra and no noticeable slowdown, so I'm wondering if Ubisoft did something with their coding that overrides the GPU settings or something.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:59 AM   #919
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Spoiler!
Just got Wolfenstein 2 for the Switch (was able to get a good deal), and am pleasantly surprised with how good it looks and smooth it is even on that system.

Spoiler!
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #920
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Just got Wolfenstein 2 for the Switch (was able to get a good deal), and am pleasantly surprised with how good it looks and smooth it is even on that system.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!