Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-01-2019, 06:12 PM   #841
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I don't hate it but I don't love it either. I'm enjoying it and I'm about 8 hours in, but honestly I don't think I'll play more than 30 total. I'm already at the point where after 1 expedition I'm ready to play something else for a bit then come back for another one later.

Can't think of anything nessesarily wrong with it, it just hasn't really grabbed me
I think this is where I'm at with the No Man's Sky update. It's an infinitely better game but it's still pretty tedious.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #842
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Getting pretty burned out on Red dead (and i'm only at 30-something percent!)

So i fired up SW Battlefront 2. It immediately made me crave a new, non-multilayer 3rd person Star Wars game. It's been YEARS.

Where's Jedi Knight 3, damn it!? Or was Jedi Academy the third? (2.5?) Regardless, we need new Star Wars games
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #843
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
Getting pretty burned out on Red dead (and i'm only at 30-something percent!)

So i fired up SW Battlefront 2. It immediately made me crave a new, non-multilayer 3rd person Star Wars game. It's been YEARS.

Where's Jedi Knight 3, damn it!? Or was Jedi Academy the third? (2.5?) Regardless, we need new Star Wars games

I think that the next major Star Wars game is coming out at the end of the year. Which is Jedi Knight Fallen Order.

As I side note, I opened up my Steam interface the other day and saw that I had most of my star wars games on there and started playing Academy. Its still a ton of fun.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:46 AM   #844
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Why haven't they made a Skyrim type game yet in the SW universe. Some people just want to go buy a ship and fly around, or take odd jobs, or become a jedi knight, or all those possibilities.

I guess that exists in the MMO?
Old 03-03-2019, 12:01 PM   #845
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Why haven't they made a Skyrim type game yet in the SW universe. Some people just want to go buy a ship and fly around, or take odd jobs, or become a jedi knight, or all those possibilities.

I guess that exists in the MMO?

Star Wars Galaxies was that. And it was an open sandbox style of MMO. But a few things just killed it

They overhauled its combat and crafting system and the membership hated the changes.

When it first came out you just couldn't just pick being a Jedi. Instead you had to complete this next to impossible to figure out checklist of achievements that was seemingly random. Eventually they made it easy and suddenly in a world that took place after order 66 there were thousands of Jedi in each city on each planet.

But you could build a house, become a crafter, buy a ship and fly around fighting.

The SWTOR is similar, except its got a lot more single player content. But you have 8 classes

Republic

Smuggler, Trooper, Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular

Sith

Intelligence Agent, Bounty Hunter, Sith Warrior, Sith Inquistor.

Each has its own story line, you can get a ship but the ship part is basically a rail shooter unless you get StarFighter.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:31 PM   #846
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think that the next major Star Wars game is coming out at the end of the year. Which is Jedi Knight Fallen Order.

As I side note, I opened up my Steam interface the other day and saw that I had most of my star wars games on there and started playing Academy. Its still a ton of fun.
good to hear! i've tried catching up on the news this morning - its been difficult keeping tabs on whats been cancelled.

I've been meaning to revisit all the Jedi Knight games. It's been a while for me since Academy or Jedi Outcast, but this week I mulled hauling out my 360 to go through Force Unleashed 1 & 2. Would take me six hours to play through the second as i recall. can't decide if its worth the effort to dig out my xbox
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:52 PM   #847
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I liked the first Force Unleashed, but the second one was really really bad.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #848
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

I need a new game to play until spring. I have Spider-Man, played through the couple COD games I have (IW and AW) Done the Batmans. Loved Fallout 4.

I am cheap though so nothing super new, and preferably something I can maybe pick up used, or cheap at Walmart.

Should add I have a PS4

Last edited by stang; 03-04-2019 at 12:30 PM. Reason: ps4
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:59 PM   #849
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
I need a new game to play until spring. I have Spider-Man, played through the couple COD games I have (IW and AW) Done the Batmans. Loved Fallout 4.

I am cheap though so nothing super new, and preferably something I can maybe pick up used, or cheap at Walmart.

Should add I have a PS4

Horizon Zero Dawn is something you should be able to quote for a good price and is excellent.

Nioh or Bloodborne carry some difficulty but are both are great.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2019, 04:16 PM   #850
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Should add I have a PS4
God of War, it was game of the year for a reason
Old 03-04-2019, 04:26 PM   #851
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Great suggestions
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:03 PM   #852
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Should add I have a PS4
I'm playing Witcher 3 right now. It's a little older now (2015 release), but it's really good. I also loved Fallout 4, and this plays similar in a lot of aspects. It's a huge game, especially with the DLC, so it will fill a lot of time.

I got it at Xmas with the DLC for like $25. I don't know if deals like that are currently available, but it's great value at that price.

I also recommend Horizon Zero Dawn, and I think Nier Automata is definitely worth playing.

Last of Us 2 should be out some time this year, and if you haven't played the first one, then definitely get the remastered version and play that before any of my other suggestions.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #853
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I'm gonna say it, I didn't like Witcher 3.

Wasn't the story or graphics or anything like that. I thought the controls were clunky and it made it hard to get into the game.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 02:33 PM   #854
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

IMO Witcher 2 is a better game. Less open world, but it feels more alive. Combat is less clunky and more rewarding.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:39 PM   #855
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I started playing Witcher 3 on my computer with mouse/keyboard, but I'm thinking it might be better with a controller. I too found the controls a bit overbearing.

Any comments?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #856
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Controls are a bit clunky for sure. I play on PS4 and have never tried PC so I can’t compare them. It didn’t take me too long to get used to the PS4 controls though.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2019, 01:57 PM   #857
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Just over two weeks away from Sekiro coming out. More excited about this game than any other for quite some time as I was massive a Tenchu fanboy and this looks to be a spiritual successor mixed with a bit of souls play.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:39 PM   #858
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Pretty much every game is balanced around controllers these days, using a mouse and keyboard in an FPS game feels like an unfair advantage.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:36 AM   #859
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

The original Diablo is available on GOG. It’s my favourite of the series so it’ll be fun to be able play it again.

https://www.gog.com/game/diablo
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:55 AM   #860
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I recently made it through the main story line of The Witcher 3 on PS4. I don't find the controls too bad actually, although it did take me a couple days to really get into the swing of things. A lot of the controls are things I rarely need to do in the game as well actually.

Pro-tip: swipe up on the middle pad and the map opens. . .
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post: