Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2019, 07:23 PM   #501
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Ooookay, I'm just gonna put the knife in it, since GGG just threw his hail marry. I've been holding out since I found out because I really wanted to let a game day to play out. I wanted it to go on as long as possible because I hope that this day will provide the info to find the proxy troll. Had I called GGG out immediately, we wouldn't have had a chance to see the Proxy troll perhaps slip up.

I'm the mod, and investigated GGG in night phase. I suspected him because of his post at the end of day one where he didn't like where things were going. and had defended Bonded subtly on at least one occasion.

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...&postcount=269

I was quite giddy to learn GGG is an Oilers fan, but sadly only a normal troll. This means that my mod powers are spent. You will notice I responded to Dropit wondering what type of troll we got. I knew the answer because I had the same question immediately after we banned our first Oilers troll. I wanted to know, because it meant as the mod I am no longer a threat because any further investigations will come back Flames.

I had hoped to stay under the radar to the final Oilers troll, and with the vote leaning heavily GGG I figured I could. So I am still at risk of a night ban by the proxy troll, but I'm sticking my neck out for the rest of the Flames forum because it is worth it at this point. But again, I've got no powers so am not a threat anymore. I also run the risk of taking this info with me that, even if GGG gets banned tonight without my info, if I get night banned tonight the Flames fans wouldn't know that the mod was also out, and that this day would be a good place to look at how the proxy troll was reacting to GGG. So, I guess I'm being Spock here. Being my first time in the game, I hope this isn't a really dumb move but I think I've covered my questions, and am not doing the dumbest mod move ever. I have nothing left to offer the Flames as far as special powers go, so Dissentowner, I think it is fine that I come out.

I suspect GGG will probably try to play the "who is lying" angle, but I think everyone has seen with my vote on day one it wouldn't make sense for me to be a Greaser, particularly contrasted with GGG's vote and actions. I had tried to get a little something going here,
https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...&postcount=399
But no one provided any comments on it.

I hope I've covered it all, but am open to chat.

TLDR; GGG is lying, and is an Oiler(regular, not proxy) I'm the mod and investigated him night one. Time to bring the hammer down.
Great job man and good reveal. I suspected he might be the proxy troll which is why I said don't reveal but you can't detect the proxy anyhow so nothing to lose and everything to gain. Just more proof E=NG!
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:24 PM   #502
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL. crap.

I was hoping to have time late to go through and look in detail, but you are right, I may be the night kill. I'll try to get quick read here...

Oh, and my plead for mercy, I have no more powers! just a regular Flames fan now! Let me LIIIIVE!!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:25 PM   #503
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Fuzz what are your thoughts on who is the last potential oilers fan? You’re the likely target tonight after your reveal.
I would like to hear his thoughts as well but I don't think he will necessarily be the target as his mod power is used up.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:25 PM   #504
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh, and sorry GGG, nothing personal!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 01-27-2019, 07:28 PM   #505
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would actually like a bit more time before we drop the hammer so some of us can compose our thoughts about who the proxy troll might be before the night kill.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:31 PM   #506
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Thank you fuzz. I hope you make it through the night. GGG you fooled me, but now back to the rope Oiler scum
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:31 PM   #507
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Vote: GGG
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:32 PM   #508
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hold tight on the hammer as I have a couple posts to make to help out.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:37 PM   #509
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t understand the strategy here Fuzz? You are just going to get lynched tomorrow when I flip town.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:37 PM   #510
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It'd be funny if you went back to my post here:

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showth...80#post6964380

And saw all of Bonded, GGG, and Scornfire jumping in the explain real quick. I mean, they wouldn't all be Oilers fans, would they? 2 out of 3 so far...hrmmm.

Hovkeyguy may have also hit on something similar, here:
https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...&postcount=318

If I were going by today? SebC actually sticks out a bit because of the perhaps "fake" sparing between him and GGG day one, then this happens...

Here SebC tries to take the heat off of GGG twice.

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...&postcount=449

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...&postcount=461

So ya, I think those 2 would be high on my list, but take a good look today to see interactions and responses related to GGG, maybe thee is something else there.

I assume this gets tougher with a lonely Oilers fan with no one to chat to in the sad forum of suck, so they may post less to lay low?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2019, 07:38 PM   #511
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vote GGG

That’s hammer no more posting
Old 01-27-2019, 07:39 PM   #512
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unvote CrazyEOJ
Old 01-27-2019, 07:39 PM   #513
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vote GGG
Old 01-27-2019, 07:39 PM   #514
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

GGG, I'd only worry about that if you were a true Flames fan, which you can't even say because you keep callnig yourself town! The reality is, you are a greaser and confirming your elimination leaves the proxy troll. It's well worth me coming forward, as even if I get banned, the town has a hell of a lot more info to play with.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:41 PM   #515
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tables have definitely turned on the mafia, and it looks like it could be a quick game. Looks like my read of GGG was wrong. Inexperience showing at full bloom.

I think we should go ahead with the Lynch of GGG, but can we also go ahead with discussing who the third mafia (Proxy Troll) could be?
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:44 PM   #516
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m already lynched there should be no more discussion on me
Old 01-27-2019, 08:06 PM   #517
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am Spartacus
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:00 PM   #518
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Day 2 has ended

With 13 posters, it takes 7 votes to ban user prior to deadline. It takes at least 5 votes to ban user at the deadline. A tied vote at deadline results in no banning.

With 7 votes, GGG has been banned.

Vote Count:

Votes GGG(7): Hockeyguy15, Fuzz, dissentowner, crazy_eoj, devo22, WinnipegFan, GGG

Votes Hockeyguy15(1): mrkajz44

Votes crazy_eoj(1): SebC

Hasn’t Voted (4):
Puxlut, DropIt, Scornfire, agulati
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:07 PM   #519
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

With accusations being thrown around that GGG was from Edmonton he realized he was caught. Rather than go quietly in the night, he took the opportunity to post extreme content and reported his own posts. It was then revealed he was just a previous common troll by the user name of IginlaSucksYOLO.

Night 2 has begun.

Do not post in this thread, please PM your night actions by 10:00 PM, January 28, 2019.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2019, 10:06 PM   #520
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going 2/2 in hunting down the common trolls, the joyous occasion turned sour when it was revealed in the morning that dissentowner had been banned during the night.

It is now Day 3

With 11 posters, it takes 6 votes to ban user prior to deadline. It takes at least 4 votes to ban user at the deadline. A tied vote at deadline results in no banning.

Vote Count:

Votes(0)

Hasn’t Voted (11):
Puxlut, Hockeyguy15, Fuzz, SebC, devo22, DropIt, WinnipegFan, mrkajz44, Scornfire, agulati, crazy_eoj

Deadline is Wednesday, January 30th at 10:00 PM Mountain Time.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 01-28-2019 at 10:12 PM.