Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 10:54 AM   #4261
goflamesgo18
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
That's true. But prior to that and at the point that Koskinen extends his glove to make the save Peluso's right leg impedes him from doing so.
There ya go.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #4262
Sutter_in_law
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Their skates "lightly touch"?

Peluso's foot plants on top of Koskinen's skate. It is ridiculous to think you can gauge the pressure applied from these video clips, but even more so for some of you to continue to insist that contact by Draisaitl was patently obvious while Peluso's was barely noticeable.
Are you actually serious that you can’t distinguish light contact from someone “jumping on his leg”?

I don’t even know what to tell you if you can’t see that. Are you able to tell the difference between a hard hit and a light hit? Or a slapshot from Stone vs a wrist shot from Rittich? What a ridiculous point to try to argue...
Old 12-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #4263
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wait so the refs who make inconsistent garbage calls every game are now making inconsistent garbage calls when reviewing plays? Consider me shocked!
Old 12-12-2018, 11:06 AM   #4264
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1072914049367588864
Old 12-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #4265
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Buffalo will probably get absolutely rolled in the first round by Tampa or Boston

Colorado deserves a lot of credit for their turnaround but let’s not forget they managed to get 1/16 wins needed to win the cup last year

It’s funny that he thinks players not wanting to be in Edmonton is purely based on cup expectations and not the awful city or terrible reputation their org has. I wonder who they are forcing to play through injury this year
Old 12-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #4266
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter_in_law View Post
Are you actually serious that you can’t distinguish light contact from someone “jumping on his leg”?
Are you seriously attempting to exaggerate what I said to make your feeble point?

I said he planted his skate on Koskinen's skate. And no, I can't tell how much pressure he applied. How can one possibly do so? Peluso didn't jump on Koskinen, and he didn't "lightly touch" his skate. Both of these straw men are just as nonsensical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 12-12-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:13 AM   #4267
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
This is what happens when old people that are long past their prime are still allowed to work at their profession.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:14 AM   #4268
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's true. But prior to that and at the point that Koskinen extends his glove to make the save Peluso's right leg impedes him from doing so.
Your're so blind. Koskinen was trying to punch Peluso in the nuts. He should be suspended.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 11:28 AM   #4269
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1072914439790186496

Lol, omg......

Is he actually butthurt that Strickland didn't mention the Oilers four first overall picks, like it's something to brag about?

Who in Edmonton hires these guys to write columns? Another glorified superfan (somehow) turned writer.

Sometimes I think to myself, this has to be a joke.... yet it isn't.

Last edited by djsFlames; 12-12-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:33 AM   #4270
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe Jim should talk to Andrew Ference to shed some light on why so many NHL players have Edmonton on their no-trade list?
Old 12-12-2018, 11:41 AM   #4271
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Ask Sheldon Souray, Chris Pronger and Mike Comrie what they think of that organization and the fact that the majority of the people that they interacted with are still in positions of power in that organization.

And you can believe that players talk with other players before they go to Edmonton.

I'm sure when they get an offer they get on the phone with guys like Hall and Dubnyk and everyone else that's left that organization and they're getting the 411.

As much as Edmonton's propaganda department is coming out of the woodwork now with crappo like this, it doesn't change a decade of poor treatment and poor results.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 11:46 AM   #4272
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
Buffalo will probably get absolutely rolled in the first round by Tampa or Boston

Colorado deserves a lot of credit for their turnaround but let’s not forget they managed to get 1/16 wins needed to win the cup last year

It’s funny that he thinks players not wanting to be in Edmonton is purely based on cup expectations and not the awful city or terrible reputation their org has. I wonder who they are forcing to play through injury this year
No they dont. They sandbagged the hell out of an entire season in a dive so shameful it would make the Oilers blush.

At least the Oilers could boast that they were legitimately that bad, as a team they sucked and they sucked hard, Colorado just decided to take a season off and get a nice draft pick.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 11:47 AM   #4273
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarious View Post
One more win and the Oilers will be in second place in the division .

Fortunately they don't have a hope in hell of beating Winnipeg on the road.
They beat the Jets in Winnipeg earlier this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflamesgo18 View Post
That was clearly interfering with goalies ability to make save. About half second before puck went in. The gif is slow motion. Different refs different opinions i guess. Need more consistency in this league
Both were reviewed in Toronto so it's not the refs making the final call. Do we know how many people they utilize in TO to make these reviews? The pool should be pretty small but there still seems to be inconsistency.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:49 AM   #4274
Sutter_in_law
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Are you seriously attempting to exaggerate what I said to make your feeble point?

I said he planted his skate on Koskinen's skate. And no, I can't tell how much pressure he applied. How can one possibly do so? Peluso didn't jump on Koskinen, and he didn't "lightly touch" his skate. Both of these straw men are just as nonsensical.
Not exaggerating what you said. My reply of Peluso “lightly touching” Koskinens skate was in response to Stang stating the he had “jumped on his leg”

You can absolutely tell the difference between light pressure and someone jumping (putting all of their weight +force) on someone’s leg.

Unless you are trying to say you can’t scientifically verify the pounds of pressure per square inch that is on the tip of Koskinens skate - which nobody here is trying to do.

I usually agree with your takes, this one I find absolutely absurd though.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:50 AM   #4275
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1072914439790186496

Lol, omg......

Is he actually butthurt that Strickland didn't mention the Oilers four first overall picks, like it's something to brag about?

Who in Edmonton hires these guys to write columns? Another glorified superfan (somehow) turned writer.

Sometimes I think to myself, this has to be a joke.... yet it isn't.
He doesn't even get the point. I think Strickland is saying Chicago would have two cracks at it and get two great players. Though I think Pittsburgh can have something to say about timing of their 1OA picks. Crosby, Fleury, Mario (plus Malkin at number 2). Though I suppose you could second guess the Fleury draft - he's been a great goalie but there was also Getzlaf, Staal, Suter, Burns and Perry in that draft (and they maybe could have gotten the same mileage out of Crawford or Howard who were 2nd rounders).
Old 12-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #4276
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Oscar Klefbom out for up to 6 weeks, that's going to hurt because he's and Larsson have pretty much been the saving grace of a pretty poor blueline.

https://############.com/2018/12/11/...h-hand-injury/

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 12-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #4277
schteve_d
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Oscar Klefbom out for up to 6 weeks, that's going to hurt because he's and Larsson have pretty much been the saving grace of a pretty poor blueline.

Giordano number seven, come on down.......
Old 12-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #4278
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter_in_law View Post
Not exaggerating what you said. My reply of Peluso “lightly touching” Koskinens skate was in response to Stang stating the he had “jumped on his leg”

You can absolutely tell the difference between light pressure and someone jumping (putting all of their weight +force) on someone’s leg.

Unless you are trying to say you can’t scientifically verify the pounds of pressure per square inch that is on the tip of Koskinens skate - which nobody here is trying to do.
I am saying that the characterization of "lightly touching" skates is just as misleading as "jumping on him."

Quote:
I usually agree with your takes, this one I find absolutely absurd though.
It is bizarre to me that you find this absolutely absurd:
Quote:
...I said he planted his skate on Koskinen's skate...Peluso didn't jump on Koskinen, and he didn't "lightly touch" his skate.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2018, 12:09 PM   #4279
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

Ooof.

Nurse-Larsson
Russell-Wideman
Gravel-Benning

Garrison
Old 12-12-2018, 12:12 PM   #4280
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
They beat the Jets in Winnipeg earlier this season...
In the very early part of the season when Winnipeg was 2-3-0. Since then they have a record of 9-4-1 at home.

Quote:
Closed Thread