Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #61
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

11-1 now. Getting spoiled watching them so far this season, just expect them to win every game now.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:32 AM   #62
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

They play the Warriors on November 29th in Toronto. Until then they have (bold are B2B):

NYK
NOP
DET
@BOS
@CHI

@ORL
@ATL

WAS
MIA
@MEM

Could easily be 20-2 by the time they meet the Warriors. Seeing as the Warriors are unlikely to have more than 3 losses by that point, would be one of the bigger regular season matchups in recent history.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:54 PM   #63
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

This team is Nuts and is still building chemistry, yeesh
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #64
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Danny Green is a great addition to the squad. A winner, veteran and competitor. Great guy for the young guys to learn from.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #65
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Glad the Raptors puxhed all the chips in on this season. Go for it, no regrets.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Samonadreau For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 05:35 PM   #66
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Danny Green is a great addition to the squad. A winner, veteran and competitor. Great guy for the young guys to learn from.
There's a great video on YouTube I think the channel has 360 in their name and they have Green give them a tour of his new house in Toronto and he goes clothes shopping. He seems like a really downtoearth guy who.loves Toronto. I think he'll be staying here long-term for sure.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:02 PM   #67
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
There's a great video on YouTube I think the channel has 360 in their name and they have Green give them a tour of his new house in Toronto and he goes clothes shopping. He seems like a really downtoearth guy who.loves Toronto. I think he'll be staying here long-term for sure.
That house was sick and has a huge yard for Toronto. I’m assuming it’s in Missasauga.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:28 PM   #68
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
That house was sick and has a huge yard for Toronto. I’m assuming it’s in Missasauga.
From the outside it looked so plain but inside it was so modern. I like how he kept talking about his dogs and how great the food is in Toronto. It's the number one reason I love Toronto. Best food from all over the world.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to savemedrzaius For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2018, 10:52 AM   #69
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Minnesota has agreed to a deal to send Jimmy Butler to Philadelphia for a package that includes Robert Covington and Dario Saric.

Jimmy Butler and the Sixers fully expect to reach a deal on a long-term contract this summer, league sources tell ESPN.

Last edited by Drake; 11-10-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #70
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Minnesota has agreed to a deal to send Jimmy Butler to Philadelphia for a package that includes Robert Covington and Dario Saric.

Jimmy Butler and the Sixers fully expect to reach a deal on a long-term contract this summer, league sources tell ESPN.
Very interesting. Philly now a bigger contender.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:31 AM   #71
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

This is becoming a very strong division.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:28 PM   #72
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm surprised they dealt Butler, especially after it came to light that Towns and Wiggins are mailing in a half days work for a cheque. That should enrage fans, but the team is basically saying it's easier to get rid of the loud guy and hope that the young guys respond. To me, they look really bad in this situation as a tiger doesn't change his stripes and they're eventually going to be left with two guys who had incredible potential but will never live up to it (but they're making that the face of the franchise). I can't comment on the value of what was brought back, but you really hope that they deal these two for some future value to a team who wants to figure them out.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2018, 08:12 PM   #73
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the trade for both teams long-term, but short-term I don't think it's great for Philly. It definitely doesn't put them over the top this year unless they can also make some moves for more shooting. If they intend to go with a starting 5 of Embiid, Butler, Simmons, Fultz, and Reddick, I think that's one of the worst-matched skillsets of any starting unit in the league. Fultz and Simmons have no outside shot, Embiid is a decent (not great) 3 point shot for his position, Butler is below average from 3 for his position. It'll be easy for teams to stay home on Reddick (who's shooting a career worst so far this year) from deep because letting literally any other starter shoot from 3 is an acceptable shot based on the percentages. Both Simmons and Fultz need the ball in their hands to be effective. Butler likes to have the ball in his hands, with 3-point capable guys spacing the floor for him; Minnesota could at least fit his style that way... Towns, Rose, Wiggins, Gibson, Teague, they can all shoot better than their Philly equivalents.

That said, Brown's a solid coach and certainly under Popovich he'd have learned how to get a lot out of a roster without great 3-point shooting. And their defense stands to be very good and if they can create a lot of transition opportunities, that will at least somewhat make up for less half-court efficiency.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #74
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't been fully in tune with Carmelo Anthony, but has he really fallen off the map so much so that he'll be waived? If he's friends with Lebron, what are the odds that the Lakers will be forced to sign him (by the GM on the floor)?
Old 11-12-2018, 07:11 PM   #75
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

First game of the season where the Raps have bad offence and bad defence. Just not good.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #76
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
First game of the season where the Raps have bad offence and bad defence. Just not good.
Killed their game on three attempts in the first half. What was it, like 1 for 11 or something? Lowry especially looked complacent and lazy on his three attempts.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:12 PM   #77
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you were disgusted by Gordon Hayward's injury last season, don't go watch Caris Leverts which might have been worse. Prayers up for him

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:59 PM   #78
Trojan97
First Line Centre

Exp:

Good loss tonight for TO to reset/refocus and get themselves right for Boston on the road on Friday.
Trojan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:00 AM   #79
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
If you were disgusted by Gordon Hayward's injury last season, don't go watch Caris Leverts which might have been worse. Prayers up for him
Oh damn, after all the injuries he had in college I was really happy for him being able to put it together in the NBA.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:41 PM   #80
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Loving the new Raptors without Derozan.

Derozan just killed the play too many times with his iso-long two style of play, and he didn't defend well enough to make up for his shortcomings.

Leonard is an upgrade in every single way and it shows. Even when they're playing poorly (like last night), you never get the feeling they're completely out of it.

There's a definite buzz around this team. Props to the management for making the bold moves that they needed.
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regorium For This Useful Post: