Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #1921
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This is the Mariota that needs to show up every game, and Lewis finally coming to play is a huge help!
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2018, 09:04 PM   #1922
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Things not good in the big D
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:07 PM   #1923
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Things not good in the big D
9 seasons of Jason Garrett will do that to you.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:08 PM   #1924
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Woooo!
Old 11-05-2018, 09:20 PM   #1925
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
Woooo!
Titans big win, ESPN talks non stop about the Cowboys....
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:28 PM   #1926
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

This will be an interesting one to follow.

Quote:
Sharrif Floyd, a former defensive tackle for the Minnesota Vikings, is expected to file a $180 million lawsuit in a Florida court on Tuesday against Dr. James Andrews, the Andrews Institute for Orthopedic Surgery and others, Floyd's lawyer, Brad Sohn, said.

A source told ESPN's Dan Graziano that, according to the expected lawsuit, Floyd in September 2016 went to the Andrews Institute for what he was told would be a routine arthroscopic surgery. He would require three to four weeks of recovery.

But once doctors began the process to operate, they determined Floyd needed microfracture surgery. That required them to drill into the bone, which caused bleeding and required him to receive a post-operation pain blocker. The suit alleges that those administering that pain blocker affected the procedure, paralyzing a nerve and the surrounding muscle and creating a situation from which he could not recover sufficiently to play football.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...rs-180-million
Old 11-06-2018, 05:46 AM   #1927
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Titans big win, ESPN talks non stop about the Cowboys....

Par for the course, if the Flames beat the Oilers 8-0, The media would still talk about McDavid
Old 11-06-2018, 06:53 AM   #1928
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
9 seasons of Jason Garrett will do that to you.
Almost a certainty he doesn't make it to 10. It will be interesting to see who Jones targets to replace him.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:25 AM   #1929
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is tough to win in the NFL without a star quarterback. The way the rules are, team that don't have a deep ball don't win. I like Dak, but he doesn't have what it takes to elevate the team.The cowboys will be bad for a few more years.

All the same, Garrett needs to go, and Jones should be hidden from the camera before he tarnishes his reputation more than he already has.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #1930
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Well now that everyone has played at least half their schedule this is how things would appear to be shaping up in my view.

AFC

Going to the Playoffs for sure
New England
Kansas City
Pittsburgh
Los Angeles Chargers

Chiefs and Patriots should battle it out for the top seed. New England holds the head to head matchup. I think the Chiefs will lose at least one more game this year to one of the Rams and the matchup with the Chargers. Also the game in Seattle could trip them up. New England likely doesn't lose again. The Steelers had noise early, but look like the class of their Division now. I think they should keep the 3 seed. The Chargers likley will not win the Division, but they'll easily settle into a Wild Card spot.

Likely in the playoffs
Texans

I'm nearly ready to put them in the going to the playoffs list. But than that list just get's too long at this point of the seasson.

In the mix to make the playoffs
Tennessee
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Miami

Really there is one Wild Card spot left and maybe the AFC South as a long shot. The A.J.Green injury I think will hurt a Bengals team that needs to put up points. The Titans have shown something the past 2 weeks. They likely get destroyed by New England, but after that their schedule does ease up. Miami tends to hang around, but I can't see Osweiller doing it. The Ravens defence is up to the task, but I wonder if the players really are that motivated to keep Harbaugh around. John isn't as abrasive as Jim, but he's been there a long time.

NFC

Going to the Playoffs for sure
New Orleans
Los Angeles Rams

The Saints do play in the toughest Division in the league in my opinion. But I think they win it and at worst claim a WC spot if Carolina can knock them off. The Rams are a guaranteed winner in the West

Likely in the playoffs
Carolina
Minnesota

The Vikings have been up and down at times, but would seem the best team in the NFC North. Carolina is a good team, but that's a tough Division.

Washington
Philadelphia
Chicago
Atlanta
Seattle

Basically someone has to win the NFC East, so that will come down to Philly who is the better team, or Washington who in typical Alex Smith fashion could do just enough to edge out a better team over 16 games. The runner up may be at 10-6 which could put them in a tie for the second wild card slot. The Falcons have rallied from 1-4 but do have defensive injuries. The Bears are at 5-3, so if they can have 5 Division games so they could claim the NFC North yet if they can sweep the Lions or Vikings. The Seahawks are the long shot here. At 4-4 they are still alive, and have two weak teams in their Division. If they go 2-1 in their next 3 they stay in the mix. If they don't than they're on the outside.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2018, 12:54 PM   #1931
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Dallas Cowboys' Playbook (just missing the screen pass and a couple of curl routes):

Old 11-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #1932
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Everyone is in agreement, except Jerrah Jones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baron von Kriterium For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2018, 01:21 PM   #1933
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

What was with Prescott throwing the ball out of the end zone on 4th down? An interception really doesn't matter at that stage of the game.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:41 PM   #1934
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post

Washington
Philadelphia
Chicago
Atlanta
Seattle

Basically someone has to win the NFC East, so that will come down to Philly who is the better team, or Washington who in typical Alex Smith fashion could do just enough to edge out a better team over 16 games. The runner up may be at 10-6 which could put them in a tie for the second wild card slot. The Falcons have rallied from 1-4 but do have defensive injuries. The Bears are at 5-3, so if they can have 5 Division games so they could claim the NFC North yet if they can sweep the Lions or Vikings. The Seahawks are the long shot here. At 4-4 they are still alive, and have two weak teams in their Division. If they go 2-1 in their next 3 they stay in the mix. If they don't than they're on the outside.
Cant be, I was told Chicago was a bottom 10 team destined to be at the bottom of their division. Laughable to think otherwise
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:43 PM   #1935
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bears have a very easy schedule coming in. Just need Trubisky to keep doing the bare minimum and they'll make the playoffs.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:45 PM   #1936
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
What was with Prescott throwing the ball out of the end zone on 4th down?
It's the Prescott Method. It also includes throwing into double coverage when other dudes are open.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:49 PM   #1937
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Dak's collapse from first year even greater than RGIII's? Jerry is still dumb enough to give him $30 million a year though which should scare Cowboys fans.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #1938
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Is Dak's collapse from first year even greater than RGIII's? Jerry is still dumb enough to give him $30 million a year though which should scare Cowboys fans.
As a Cowboys fan, it's difficult to decide if Prescott is the problem, the coaching staff is putting him in position to fail, or a combination of both. I suspect it's mostly the coaching staff, but the graphic I pasted, above, is all Prescott. That was a horrible decision and cost them a shot at seven more points and a 14-0 lead.

Aikman was on 1310 The Ticket (Dallas) this morning and said some interesting things, including changing the HC won't change anything. He rattled off all of the HCs over the years and nothing ever really changed. The whole organization is dysfunctional (his words, but I concur). They fired the OL coach in the off season and just fired his replacement during the bye week. They fired Wade Wilson (QB coach) in the off season and replaced him with Kellen Moore (!). FFS. Now they trade away a #1 pick for Cooper, which tells me Jerrah knows he screwed up with Wilson, etc, etc, and is trying to right the ship somehow. Of course, the more Dallas loses, the more critical that #1 pick is/was.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:30 AM   #1939
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bruce Irvin signs with the Falcons. Says the Steelers and Patriots offered more money, but he chose to sign with his hometown team instead.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #1940
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I would say the collapse is more Elliott than Dak. He's averaging 20 yards less rushing per game this season compared to his first season. NFL defenses are great at taking away what offenses do best and it was just a matter of time and enough video. Dak and Elliott (to a lesser extent) was a product of having a great offensive line (best in the league his first season) and running back gaining over 100 yards per game. A lot of his big passing plays in his first season were off play action. Now the running game isn't as dominant and the pass blocking not as good, teams know they can come after Dak and make him get rid of the ball quickly and it seems his decision making is not up to the standards of elite QB's.