Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-24-2018, 09:46 AM   #1
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Lets talk about recurring dreams

Does anybody else get the same dreams you have had before at times? I have had three that keep occurring since I was a child.

The first is me walking home to my house and a big tornado made of fire comes and hits the house and I can hear my father screaming.

The second is I am trapped in a giant spider web and this huge spider the size of a barn is slowly coming toward me and I can't get loose.

The third is really silly but terrifying in the dream, I am playing at my grandparents house and they had these big hedges and a big T Rex comes busting through the hedges and says he is going to eat me.

What have you guys got and what do you think they mean?
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Id be more scared of the spider then T-Rex
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Most common - late for an exam, can't find the classroom for the exam, didn't prepare for the exam.

Others - moving to another city (back to school), teeth dreams (losing teeth), levitation, have to go to bathroom, public nudity.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I am the Wondrous Wizard of Latin! I am a dervish of declension and a conjurer of conjugation, with a million hit points and maximum charisma!

Ha ha! Moirre: To die. Morit: He, she, or it dies!
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:00 AM   #5
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Most common - late for an exam, can't find the classroom for the exam, didn't prepare for the exam.
Don't forgot didn't wear pants to exam/missing articles of clothing.

Or is that just me?
Looch City is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2018, 10:07 AM   #6
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

The academic one is super common. I used to teach and always had the dreams about not being able to find my clothes five minutes before class.

Now I get the dreams about having to fight in the UFC. Like someone just signed me up and now I have to fight GSP.

I also get lots of nightmares about cougars and bears.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:10 AM   #7
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post

Others - moving to another city (back to school), teeth dreams (losing teeth), levitation, have to go to bathroom, public nudity.

I used to get the exam ones a good 5 or 6 years after I wrote my last exam in university.

Now I get the equivalent dream but it's missing business meetings or flights.

I get the odd hockey dream where I'm missing a piece of gear and its a huge game. My most vivid recurring hockey dream is I am on a breakaway but I can't get all my fingers in the finger holes of my glove, therefore I can't grip my stick and I completely squander the chance. I jam two fingers into one hole (heh) and I miff the shot and then I wake up.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #8
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Does anybody else get the same dreams you have had before at times? I have had three that keep occurring since I was a child.

The first is me walking home to my house and a big tornado made of fire comes and hits the house and I can hear my father screaming.

The second is I am trapped in a giant spider web and this huge spider the size of a barn is slowly coming toward me and I can't get loose.

The third is really silly but terrifying in the dream, I am playing at my grandparents house and they had these big hedges and a big T Rex comes busting through the hedges and says he is going to eat me.

What have you guys got and what do you think they mean?
Disclaimer: I know nothing about dreams

All of your dreams seem to have you in a position of vulnerability or helplessness. Are you feeling this way in your life? Have you always felt this way? I suggest that next time, you jump on that T-rex and ride ‘em. Tame that dinosaur and your life will, in turn, become awesome.

Last edited by SportsJunky; 08-24-2018 at 11:03 AM.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2018, 10:39 AM   #9
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

I fly a lot for work. I get one where I'm in a 747, and right before we land at the airport we are flying to (no idea which one) we have to clear a "saddle" in the mountains. The plane is flying full speed, and has to climb at full power in order to clear this obstacle. Every time it's really, really close (as in inches) from hitting the top of the mountain, and as soon as we clear it we have drop down super fast like a roller coaster in order to hit the runway.

A few weeks ago we cleared the saddle, but then got hit with a crazy crosswind, and nose dived into the ground and everyone died. I remember thinking to myself that it was weird that I could still think because I was dead, but then realized I was dreaming and woke up.

I've been getting this dream at least once month, and every time I forget I'm dreaming and every time I wake up thinking holy crap, THAT was terrifying.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:50 AM   #10
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I used to have two or three commonly occuring dreams

The first one, I would be awake in bed and its pitch black and I would get flung out of my bed, I would get up and go into the kitchen and try to turn on the lights and they wouldn't come on, I'd open the fridge door and it wouldn't light up. I'd try the TV and nothing. So I would wander around the house, and I'd hear rattling at the door and hear talking. So I would peep through the peep hole and a face would be peering in that I couldn't recognize. Then the door would be flung open and the doorway was blacker then the rest of the house, then I'd wake up.

Another one is a first person where I''m flying high above the earth and I have a huge shadow and everything my shadow touches turns black and dies. I'm flying over my neighborhood and work and places I know and everything dies.

The third one has me standing at the foot of a long step of stairs, then I get pushed from behind and I step up on a long platform and I'm standing in front of a huge crowd of friends and family and people I know. I get pushed over to the front of the platform and the crowd is booing me, and then a hand reaches out and pulls down a noose and puts it around my neck. And then I look over to see a hand grabbing a lever and he pushes it forward.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:58 AM   #11
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been having this dream where I'm in this huge bungalow mansion. Pool, garden and everything. Every once in a while I'll have a dream that takes place in this house. It's strange because it's never the same dream twice. But they all take place in this house. The rooms are the same, the layout the same. But never the same characters or storyline. Only the setting is similar. Sometimes I'll even be somewhat lucid during the dream, and be like ''Oh I'm back in my house again. I know what's in this room or down this hall". And it's always the same.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 08-24-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:01 AM   #12
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

That I didn't do enough courses to finish my degree (despite being a working professional), so now I have find a way to complete 1-3 university courses so I'm not stripped of my accreditation and sent to jail. At least the "I didn't even study for this final exam" nightmares have stopped.

Or I can fly, then wake up in the morning sad that I can't actually fly.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:02 AM   #13
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I hate those really surreal dreams where its in a familiar setting and you swear your awake.

I'm sure everyone has had that dream where you get up, go through your morning routine ride the bus or drive to work or school, get there, sit down and then you wake up in your bed.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2018, 11:10 AM   #14
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

A couple acquaintances I knew in high school died a few years after they graduated. Dozens of times I've had dreams where I see one of them out in public and like a jerk, I'm like "haha you're alive... I knew it was a hoax" or something like that. I still have this dream.

Besides that (and dreams where my teeth fall out), dreams where somebody is breaking into my house and I try to call 911. When the dispatcher answers, my voice goes all hoarse and I can't speak. So then I try to run, and my legs stop working.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:18 AM   #15
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Most common is where a rabid dog is chasing after me. I try to run but I can't move my feet and i'm crying out for help. Just as the dog attacks me I wake up.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:36 AM   #16
me_dennis
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I get the same dream every time that I am sick with a fever. It's really hard to explain, but it's the same every time. The closest I can get to explaining it is everything in the dream is normal and smooth, then all of a sudden, things get jagged and rough and I start to panic. I'm thinking it has to do with me scrunching up the bed sheets. Super weird, I know.

I also have the dream where I've skipped class all semester, and it's the day of the final exam and I have no idea what I'm doing. This is actually pretty similar to my real life experience with ECON 201/203.

Another recurring dream I have is hockey related, and it's when I can skate backwards like a deer. Sadly, I'll wake up and realize that I still can't skate backwards.
me_dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:39 AM   #17
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I used to get the exam ones a good 5 or 6 years after I wrote my last exam in university.

Now I get the equivalent dream but it's missing business meetings or flights.

I get the odd hockey dream where I'm missing a piece of gear and its a huge game. My most vivid recurring hockey dream is I am on a breakaway but I can't get all my fingers in the finger holes of my glove, therefore I can't grip my stick and I completely squander the chance. I jam two fingers into one hole (heh) and I miff the shot and then I wake up.
When The Hip came out with "It's a Good Life if you Don't Weaken" and the line the line "the forget your skates dream" I found out that I am not the only one that has this dream. I have this one all the time. I'm a kid and all geared up, pumped, ready to play, reach into my hockey bag and....no skates. I am always so devastated, even when I wake up.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:40 AM   #18
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't think I have recurring dreams (hard to say since I remember so few). I used to have connected dreams though. I had lots of dreams about being in some sort of future war/invasion, the pieces I remembered had the makings of an interesting story. Unfortunately these days I mostly seem to have dreams about work.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #19
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I've been having this dream where I'm in this huge bungalow mansion. Pool, garden and everything. Every once in a while I'll have a dream that takes place in this house. It's strange because it's never the same dream twice. But they all take place in this house. The rooms are the same, the layout the same. But never the same characters or storyline. Only the setting is similar. Sometimes I'll even be somewhat lucid during the dream, and be like ''Oh I'm back in my house again. I know what's in this room or down this hall". And it's always the same.

My husband had a similar dream home. He woke up sweating one day when he lit the house on fire in his dream. He hasn't been back since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:52 AM   #20
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
... I jam two fingers into one hole (heh) and I muff the shot and then I wake up.
ftfy
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan For This Useful Post: