Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2018, 10:48 AM   #181
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

^ oh I'm certain there is much more...detailed...fan art and fiction available with a quick search. is it bad that I kind of wanted to be Skurge during her takeover?
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:49 AM   #182
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

There are, but if you enter in Hela Thanos it gets decidedly x rated in a hurry, so I threw that together to see how it would look.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #183
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Holy dip. I haven't watched Ultron since I saw it in theatres (was not a fan), but it was on TV the other day. I caught the end credit scenes where they reveal Thanos. Man was that CGI awful. Actually even in some of the earlier IW trailers I thought Thanos didn't look that great. But wow I thought they delivered on his CGI in spades by the time this got to theatres.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:51 PM   #184
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

The CGI was incredible, perhaps the best ever done in a superhero movie.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:21 PM   #185
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I didn't even notice the edited out mustaches.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:55 PM   #186
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Saw it. Loved it. I've never been to a movie where there was cheering and gasping.

Cheers:
Iron Man stepping out towards Maw as he dons his nanotech suit.

Cap stepping out of the shadow at the train station in Scotland (I wish they didn't spoil that in the trailers)

Thor arriving in Wakanda bad ass style.

Gasps:
Star Lord screwing up the plan by pistol whipping subdued Thanos

Kid gasp when Spider man goes to ash.

Question, tongue kind of in cheek. Thanos has been on this 50% genocidal quest for quite some time now. If he's already killed a bunch of people, how many did he kill when he snapped his fingers?

If he already killed 12.75% of the people in the universe, was that a 37.25% snap?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:02 PM   #187
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
Cap stepping out of the shadow at the train station in Scotland (I wish they didn't spoil that in the trailers)
Maybe I didn't see all the trailers, but I thought the trailer did a good job of making it seem like he was in Wakanda when he got introduced (Black Panther saying "somebody get this man a shield.")

I had a kid behind me make a very loud "no" when Groot dissappeared, sounded near in tears.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 05-03-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:35 PM   #188
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belsarius View Post
Really he just needs to use the gauntlet to implement a Carbon Tax. All of the universes problems would be solved.
I lol'd

This movie was great, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and I am not sure why!

Just felt like such a great story that was paced very well!
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:12 PM   #189
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

After staying off any internet where I might have the movie spoiled I finally got to see it tonight. Loved it, I’m also speechless.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:01 AM   #190
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Zoe Saldana really knocked it out of the park this movie. I did not expect so much emotional gravitas from a character like Gamora.
Saldana was terrific - strong, funny, vulnerable, heart-breaking. In a movie filled with great short performances, she is the beating heart of the movie.
troutman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:45 PM   #191
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there a Dr. Strange sequel on the books? That character has really grown on me after this movie and Thor 3. Of course I know he is dead and all.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:47 PM   #192
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

IMDB says 2021 for the next Doctor Strange but nothing is confirmed. I hope we get another. The first was great.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:07 PM   #193
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I'm pretty sure in the movie Thanos said he only wiped out half of the Asgard, the rest they never showed where they were.
Ship was broken in half right at the start

The other half floated away, director said a few days ago valkyrie is alive, wouldnt say if korg was
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:47 AM   #194
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Is there a Dr. Strange sequel on the books? That character has really grown on me after this movie and Thor 3. Of course I know he is dead and all.
The only future films that have been confirmed are:
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp in July
  • Captain Marvel next March
  • Untitled Avengers Sequel next May
  • Untitled Spider-Man Sequel next July
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 3 in 2020

Beyond that, Disney has announced plans for basically 3 new Marvel films each year but have not confirmed any characters for those films going forward.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:46 PM   #195
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Left the theatre wondering if I just experienced a high watermark of cinema, a grandiose achievement that will never again be matched. 11/10.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2018, 01:16 PM   #196
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

It's perplexing, I've heard almost nothing but universal praise for IW on every forum and every converstation I've had with people who've seen it. Contrast that to The Last Jedi where most people I talk to either hated it or thought it was average, and we know how the online discussions about it have gone. Yet TLJ scored 7% higher on Rotten Tomatoes. I love both franchises so I can look at both movies without much bias, IW is just better in all respects. Story, dialog, characters, all far more enjoyable in Infinity War. So what exactly caused critics to like TLJ more?
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2018, 01:54 PM   #197
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
It's perplexing, I've heard almost nothing but universal praise for IW on every forum and every converstation I've had with people who've seen it. Contrast that to The Last Jedi where most people I talk to either hated it or thought it was average, and we know how the online discussions about it have gone. Yet TLJ scored 7% higher on Rotten Tomatoes. I love both franchises so I can look at both movies without much bias, IW is just better in all respects. Story, dialog, characters, all far more enjoyable in Infinity War. So what exactly caused critics to like TLJ more?
Probably super hero movie fatigue. Rising sentiment that super hero movies are being overdone.

It is starting to be fashionable to bash super hero movies in hollywood circles.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:05 PM   #198
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Just went a second time and loved it even more. I felt a great deal of sympathy for Thanos who believes he's actually the hero in this and doing what must be done at great cost.

At the end of the day, the surviving Avengers have a problem, really only one of them can handle a infinity stone and that's Thor, if I'm thinking right. The other problem is that the gauntlet looks like its wrecked after Thanos snapped his fingers.

So what are the possibilities. With Thanos task complete, it makes logical sense that he either scatter the stones or destroy them so that his work can't be undone.

Also can they re-animate the Forge again to make a gauntlet to house the stone. Now normally you'd say "But Captain", they only need the time stone. But even with less then a full complement of Stones Thanos is far above the other avengers in terms of his power so I would think that they need a Gauntlet full of gems to beat him and then use the Time Stone to reverse the damage done.

If I'm right we pretty much have Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, The Hulk (Who could probably handle a stone but not have the mental discipline to use it) Ant Man, Wasp, Captain Marvel, Rocket, Rocket and Nebula as well as Marvel.

Only two are basically god like powerful.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #199
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Rey...
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:42 PM   #200
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
It is weird isn't it?

I didn't hate TLJ but it isn't even in the same conversation as IW. I'm absolutely shocked that IW isn't getting more praise for being a true achievement in high budget action/comic book adaptation movies.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:

Tags
avengers , rabbit , spoilers , thanos