Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2018, 12:33 PM   #21
FlamesFanTrev
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4(aq) View Post
5years at 3.25mill.
4 years takes him into UFA status. The flames will want to take him to the brink and still have him as an RFA when the contract expires. Jankowski strikes me as the kinda guy that's going to bet on him self. This has bridge deal written all over it in my opinion, especially since we have seen it before from Treliving. He always wants cost certainty. I'm guessing nominal raise, 1.75 - 2 mil per for 3 years. Saves some cap space for the raise for Tkchuck, and to bring in some help in the top 6.
FlamesFanTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:45 PM   #22
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

8x1.75
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #23
UKflames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I thought 6x6 was the correct term for the second contract (according to up north)
UKflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:20 PM   #24
Grimbl420
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Seriously?

I personally think that Jankowski's ceiling is pretty high, but he scored 25 points this year, which is less than Bennett has scored in each of his three campaigns.

Realistically, I don't see how Jankowski gets a contract @ $2.0 m.

Outside of his Rookie season Bennett's point total has been 26 each year. Jankowski's 17 goals this year is better than Bennett's production in each of the last 2 seasons. I don't think the comparison is that far fetched.
Grimbl420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:34 PM   #25
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Depends on the draft and July 1 IMO. If Treliving makes a big move I sign him shorter term and lower cap hit. If Treliving's doesn't do much that put himself in a cap crunch this year I think he should take a chance and sign him long term for a potential steal contract

1 yr @ $1.2
2 yr @ $1.5
6 years @ $2.75 - $3

I don't think Jankowski will want a 3 year deal at low cap hit leaving himself with 1 year of RFA status

I don't want the Flames to sign him for 4 years as he will be a UFA and probably still would want closer to the $2.75 cap hit
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #26
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chiarelli - 6 x $36M.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:54 PM   #27
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Seriously?

I personally think that Jankowski's ceiling is pretty high, but he scored 25 points this year, which is less than Bennett has scored in each of his three campaigns.

Realistically, I don't see how Jankowski gets a contract @ $2.0 m.
I can see it. Janko's not going to play anywhere but Center. Thats a bump up in salary. Janko also may not have put up a ton of points in year #1, but I don't see him regressing. Bennetts deal was kind of a lucky strike for Tre as Bennett had a terrible negotiation year and kind of fizzled this year as well.

I see Janko having more overall responsibility than bennett in the next couple of seasons so they'll pay true center iceman prices. which a bump to 2.0m a season isn't much.

Sam Bennett: 0 SHG, 0 SHP, 1 PPG, 3 PPP, 1 GWG
Mark Jankoski: 2 PPG, 3 PPP, 2 SHG, 3 GWG

He's going to be relied on more for special teams, has done more with what he has been given.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:00 PM   #28
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I can see it. Janko's not going to play anywhere but Center. Thats a bump up in salary. Janko also may not have put up a ton of points in year #1, but I don't see him regressing. Bennetts deal was kind of a lucky strike for Tre as Bennett had a terrible negotiation year and kind of fizzled this year as well.

I see Janko having more overall responsibility than bennett in the next couple of seasons so they'll pay true center iceman prices. which a bump to 2.0m a season isn't much.

Sam Bennett: 0 SHG, 0 SHP, 1 PPG, 3 PPP, 1 GWG
Mark Jankoski: 2 PPG, 3 PPP, 2 SHG, 3 GWG

He's going to be relied on more for special teams, has done more with what he has been given.
I was going to mention position but I wasn't sure about Bennett on his last extension and whether they still had him at C. Ferland, however, obviously was a lesser position.

Jankowski might bargain harder because he's later to the party as well. Less salary earning years.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:54 AM   #29
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho0978 View Post
Depends on the draft and July 1 IMO. If Treliving makes a big move I sign him shorter term and lower cap hit. If Treliving's doesn't do much that put himself in a cap crunch this year I think he should take a chance and sign him long term for a potential steal contract

1 yr @ $1.2
2 yr @ $1.5
6 years @ $2.75 - $3

I don't think Jankowski will want a 3 year deal at low cap hit leaving himself with 1 year of RFA status

I don't want the Flames to sign him for 4 years as he will be a UFA and probably still would want closer to the $2.75 cap hit
I can't imagine Janko signing a 6 year contract (covering 2 UFA years) for a cap hit in the $2.75M range.

His most likely contract is 2 years.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote