Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-02-2018, 11:04 PM   #1201
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Amazing after all this people don’t understand the problem with abusing power dynamics.

I think it is reasonable to differentiate between a sexual relationship entered into for the purpose of advancing a career versus one where there is the threat of getting fired or being blacklisted.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2018, 04:34 PM   #1202
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I think it is reasonable to differentiate between a sexual relationship entered into for the purpose of advancing a career versus one where there is the threat of getting fired or being blacklisted.
This is dangerously too much like Matt Damon's initial response to the #metoo movement, and you should seek forgiveness like Matt Damon http://variety.com/2018/film/latest/...ct-1202665611/

Quote:
where he said sexual misconduct should be judged on a “spectrum of behavior.” “I really wish I’d listened a lot more before I weighed in on this,” Damon told Gifford. “Ultimately, what it is for me is that I don’t want to further anybody’s pain with anything that I do or say. And so for that I’m really sorry.”

Quote:
Of the #TimesUp movement, Damon said, “A lot of those women are my dear friends and I love them and respect them and support what they’re doing and want to be a part of that change and want to go along for that ride. But I should get in the back seat and close my mouth for a while.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I can't leave the house anymore out of fear that I will rape everything I see. #wokeas####

Last edited by Cliche; 03-03-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:40 PM   #1203
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Holy crap. This is a crazy story. Warning: this reads like some kind of warped and deranged erotica fiction, and it was published in a major metropolitan daily newspaper.

Woman: Sexual encounter with Greitens was not consensual. Lawmakers find her credible

http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...208375284.html
snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #1204
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I didn't read the whole article, because 50 shades isn't my thing, but I find something incredibly odd.
How the bell could anyone possibly have a consensual sexual relationship with someone who had allegedly sexually assaulted them previously? Maybe something is way over my head, but that seems like some sort of ####ed.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:30 AM   #1205
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
I didn't read the whole article, because 50 shades isn't my thing, but I find something incredibly odd.
How the bell could anyone possibly have a consensual sexual relationship with someone who had allegedly sexually assaulted them previously? Maybe something is way over my head, but that seems like some sort of ####ed.
An abused person not leaving a relationship immediately is hardly news. Some women live years with men who rape them regularly. A lot of the time the women don't realize (can't bring themselves to believe) it's rape.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:58 PM   #1206
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Well someone I know has been ousted, sad if this is all true, which I believe it is.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/peteraldhou...ual-misconduct

Quote:
David Silverman, a firebrand atheist with a knack for generating publicity for his cause, has been abruptly fired as president of American Atheists, one of the leading secular organizations in the US.

The group’s board held an emergency meeting Thursday evening and unanimously voted to fire 51-year-old Silverman, based on explosive written allegations of sexual assault and undisclosed conflicts of interest, BuzzFeed News has learned.

“Last night, the American Atheists Board of Directors voted to terminate David Silverman as President of American Atheists,” the group said in a statement released Friday. The board made its decision after reviewing “allegations raised regarding Mr. Silverman’s conduct,” the statement said. The board also said it intends to cooperate with any future investigations.

In a brief statement to BuzzFeed News, Silverman’s lawyer, Sebastian Ionno, said that “Mr. Silverman denies any wrong doing and has never had a non-consensual sexual encounter.” At the time of the alleged incidents, he added, Silverman and his wife were in an open marriage.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:10 PM   #1207
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why do Atheists need some sort of Union?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #1208
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

lol a lot of people ask that question, its why I'm active in the secular humanist movement.

Although I will say in the US just saying you are an atheist is as act of defiance in what used to be a pretty bad place to come out as a non believer, but this day and age its far less like that and honestly a lot of these US atheist groups should just become humanist groups or join whatever ideological movement they align with that supports secular values.

Obligatory "herding cats" analogy lol
Old 04-14-2018, 06:58 PM   #1209
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
For the same reason that non-Atheists 'need' churches?
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:05 PM   #1210
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The status of atheism in the USA is pretty weird. On the one hand, you can be very successful and powerful as an atheist - many of the richest and most influential elites are atheists, or not religious.

On the other hand, it's impossible to get elected to anything as an atheist, so they have no direct political power, and a huge swath of the country basically sees them as automatically bad people. And they are a religious minority, albeit a growing one.

So it doesn't seem crazy to me that there would be an organized special interest group for atheists.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2018, 07:32 AM   #1211
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
juts another way of saying church, I think.
different names but more and more athiests seem to be operating like a religion.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:02 AM   #1212
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
different names but more and more athiests seem to be operating like a religion.
If atheism is a religion, then not collecting stamps is a hobby.

https://www.atheists.org/activism/re...about-atheism/
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2018, 08:40 AM   #1213
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche View Post

There's two kinds of male feminists: creeps who think it's going to get them laid and liars who claim it for social status (really enjoyed how they used Aziz as a model of male feminism). I think it's super lame when people try and claim egalitarianism as feminism and use that to bully people into branding themselves as feminists.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:04 AM   #1214
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Kind of ironic.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:43 AM   #1215
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Atheist Union fees is a clever way of saying tithe.
2Stonedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #1216
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There's two kinds of male feminists: creeps who think it's going to get them laid and liars who claim it for social status (really enjoyed how they used Aziz as a model of male feminism).
I wouldn't go that far, but there are definitely a lot of creepy dudes who champion radical feminism and other campus dogmas. Jian Ghomeshi, for example, was a high-profile crusader on campus at York (he got his degree in political science and women's studies). Accounts of his time there paint a familiar portrait - the strident campus activist who's always surrounded by women, but who most of his fellow male students regard as an untrustworthy poseur. It's quite the grift.

Spoiler!

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 04-16-2018 at 10:12 AM.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #1217
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There's two kinds of male feminists: creeps who think it's going to get them laid and liars who claim it for social status (really enjoyed how they used Aziz as a model of male feminism). I think it's super lame when people try and claim egalitarianism as feminism and use that to bully people into branding themselves as feminists.
I guess it depends on what you assume feminism is. If it's about equal rights for women, I think a lot of men fall into that category.

If it's about taking down the patriarchy, then yeah, I agree with your statement.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:37 AM   #1218
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Absolutely not, but another thread can handle this discussion if you are interested in that. Search for Apostate in the search function.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #1219
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The status of atheism in the USA is pretty weird. On the one hand, you can be very successful and powerful as an atheist - many of the richest and most influential elites are atheists, or not religious.

On the other hand, it's impossible to get elected to anything as an atheist, so they have no direct political power, and a huge swath of the country basically sees them as automatically bad people. And they are a religious minority, albeit a growing one.

So it doesn't seem crazy to me that there would be an organized special interest group for atheists.
And that inability to get elected oftentimes isn't just because a huge swath of the country sees them as baby-eating monsters. There are several states where an atheist legally cannot hold public office.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #1220
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

as per CNN, Bill Cosby guilty on all counts
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post: