drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Jagr is switching to Lacrosse:

Mike Board
@mike_board
Jaromir Jagr tests our lacrosse following @calgaryroughnecks practice Friday.

I know it's super-naive of me at this point, but I really hope Jagr agrees to go on LTIR (or whatever) to rehab the groin and remain a Flame, even if long-term it's just a consultant role.

It's been awesome to have him. You can see the affect he's had on guys like Tkachuk and Janko already, just by talking to and working with them in practice.

Burke's comments solidify my desire to have him get a Conroy-esque type deal whereby he stays with the organization somehow...
drewtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drewtastic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 10:22 PM   #302
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

i think Jagr was a great signing in lots of ways off the ice... its a shame that he's having troubles overcoming his injury.

i hope that he does stick around and heal up in time for a playoff run though... its always good to have a guy around the team who is so experienced...and even though it would probably take an injury to get back into the lineup right now, those things can happen.

Having him suit up for a home playoff game would be special for flames fans
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:11 AM   #303
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtastic View Post
I know it's super-naive of me at this point, but I really hope Jagr agrees to go on LTIR (or whatever) to rehab the groin and remain a Flame, even if long-term it's just a consultant role.
Somewhat surprised to see him in town. With the Flames gone, then the week long break, if he was truly done, you'd figure he'd be gone (and to come back later to announce he's done) out of town on vacation since earlier in the week and until the break is over.

Whatever it is and how it turns out, my position clearly is that I hope he sticks it out here, rehabs the next weeks and gets to the health and fitness level the Flames had told him last week that he needs to be to get on the ice, and honestly, that he wants to as he winds down the career.

The Flames are going to need more then Bartkowski, Lazar etc as the reserves during the playoff push and playoffs even when Versteeg and Frolik get back in, and having a fit, motivated JJ available for one last playoff run, would be great.

Last edited by browna; 01-13-2018 at 12:16 AM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 12:25 AM   #304
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

I agree it's odd he's still hanging out in town. Weather aside.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:48 AM   #305
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Looks like that kid just got done ripping him a new one. Hopefully he convinced him to stick around.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #306
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

I doubt Jagr would like lacrosse. No gliding when you are bagged. Maybe he'd be good at goal with his frame.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #307
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Jagr is switching to Lacrosse:

Mike Board
@mike_board
Jaromir Jagr tests our lacrosse following @calgaryroughnecks practice Friday.

That dude on the right looks a little young to be a pro Lacrosse player...or is that just because hes next to Jagr?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #308
awildermode
Franchise Player

Exp:

According to NHL.com, Jagr is on injured reserve. Is this the first "official" word from the team/league about the situation?

https://www.nhl.com/news/calgary-fla...ve/c-294946594
Old 01-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #309
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
According to NHL.com, Jagr is on injured reserve. Is this the first "official" word from the team/league about the situation?

https://www.nhl.com/news/calgary-fla...ve/c-294946594
Seems to be. Kristen Odland tweeted out that it was retroactive to Dec 31. Not sure what that might mean other than that JJ may stay with the team rehabbing (or collects salary?).

Kristen Odland‏ Verified account
@Kristen_Odland

Jagr's IR is retroactive to Dec. 31, FYI.

7:51 AM - 14 Jan 2018
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #310
Young_Guns
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
Seems to be. Kristen Odland tweeted out that it was retroactive to Dec 31. Not sure what that might mean other than that JJ may stay with the team rehabbing (or collects salary?).

Kristen Odland‏ Verified account
@Kristen_Odland

Jagr's IR is retroactive to Dec. 31, FYI.

7:51 AM - 14 Jan 2018
He played on NYE, shouldn't it be Jan 1?
Young_Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #311
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Putting a player on IR just means the player is removed from the 23 man roster limit and allows the team to put another player on the roster. Putting a player on IR means that they cannot play for 7 days from when they were put on IR

Teams can retroactively put a player on IR to the game they were injured in which is December 31st.

The Flames did not put Jagr on IR because up until now they didn't need the roster spot. Now they do and they didn't want to potentially put another player on there to allow them to call up a player.

It isn't the first official word as both Treliving and Burke have said Jagr is injured and rehabbing and injury.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2018, 11:16 AM   #312
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

So if I understand sureloss rightly then, it's a convenience to be able to carry an extra person on the roster. But why then make it retroactive? If they had an extra guy up, they'd be offside prior to the IR designation. If they didn't, what does the retroactive status achieve (say, that putting him on IR effective yesterday doesn't)?
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:21 AM   #313
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
So if I understand sureloss rightly then, it's a convenience to be able to carry an extra person on the roster. But why then make it retroactive? If they had an extra guy up, they'd be offside prior to the IR designation. If they didn't, what does the retroactive status achieve (say, that putting him on IR effective yesterday doesn't)?
A player put on IR cannot be activated at least 7 days from when he was put on IR.

placing a player retroactively allows you to activate the player much sooner if necessary.

Since Jagr was retroactively put on IR from December 31st, they could activate him tomorrow if they want to, otherwise they would have to wait 7 days from today.

It probably doesn't mean much in Jagr's case because I doubt he is close to coming back, but retroactive placement on IR is just a common thing for NHL teams to do when putting a player on IR.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2018, 09:57 AM   #314
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Czech newspaper: Jagr could come next week back to CR to play some games for his team Kladno. But he will be still Flames player under contract - it is just conditioning matter - then he’ll go back to Canada.... we’ll see what happen...@CruisingRay @cgytradecentral @68isgr8
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2018, 09:58 AM   #315
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Czech newspaper: Jagr could come next week back to CR to play some games for his team Kladno. But he will be still Flames player under contract - it is just conditioning matter - then he’ll go back to Canada.... we’ll see what happen...@CruisingRay @cgytradecentral @68isgr8
I like it
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:04 AM   #316
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Sounds good, but damn. If we had known that we could have tried smuggling calgaryboy in his luggage...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2018, 10:08 AM   #317
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jagr, if you could come back say March 9th, and fly through London, that’d be great.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FurnaceFace For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2018, 10:09 AM   #318
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting take that these are the plans for the Jagr camp currently. I have no doubt that North American media will pick up on this and start asking, but we won't actually know anything 100% until he gets officially put on waivers, as sureLoss mentioned.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:44 AM   #319
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Why can't/ don't they just put him in Stockton for a conditioning stint? Can't they do that without waivers?
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:52 AM   #320
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Why can't/ don't they just put him in Stockton for a conditioning stint? Can't they do that without waivers?
I'm sure a player like Jagr would love to ride buses in the AHL.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote