Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2017, 11:41 PM   #1
the wanderer
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Default Beatles signatures authenticated in Canada?

I am looking to get some Beatles signatures authenticated.

I would love to find a place in Calgary, I may be driving to Vancouver shortly so on the way there and Vancouver would also work

Anyone have any knowledge

Thanks in advance
the wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:33 AM   #2
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Doubt you'll find one anywhere in Canada that will make an item worth anymore than it's worth without a letter. I believe there's only a few selected company's in the world that are recognized by auction houses.

By the way, If you believe the show pawn stars only 5% of Beatles signatures out there are real

Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 12-04-2017 at 04:01 AM.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:23 AM   #3
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

There are several companies that do that, but I don't know any that just do it on the spot and allow you to drop the item off. Typically you need to mail them in. KSA has offices in Vancouver, but only accepts via mail. Even then, KSA is seen as a secondary grader/authenticator. They may not actually add any value. You're better off with a higher end company. I'd do some research into who the industry standard is for Beatles autographs and go with them.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #4
jlemire
Backup Goalie

Exp:

You need to send that stuff in to PSA, They are the gold standard when it comes to authentication and are based out of The US however they do come up to shows in Canada and set up a drop off location.

https://www.psacard.com/services/aut...uthentication/
jlemire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #5
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemire View Post
You need to send that stuff in to PSA, They are the gold standard when it comes to authentication and are based out of The US however they do come up to shows in Canada and set up a drop off location.

https://www.psacard.com/services/aut...uthentication/
I would recommend PSA (or Beckett) for most things. The Beatles market is so big that there are companies that specialize just in Beatles authentication. I'd look around and see what authentication service actually adds the most value. But yes PSA is great.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2017, 02:00 PM   #6
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are some thing you can do to get an idea of what you're looking at before you send it off to get professionally examined. It might save you the hassle if you can determine it's likely a copy instead of an original. Sometimes under 15x magnification you can see dot matrix on images and lines. You can tell if the ink is on top of the paper or part of the paper. With a bit of research you might be able to tell an obvious auto pen or even traced signatures. Here's a bit of a starter page...

https://www.justcollecting.com/misce...for-collectors

But if you have no idea or need to find out for sure PSA is the one I've heard is the best.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:08 PM   #7
the wanderer
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Default thanks

thanks for all the information

OMG!WTF! i will check that site out and see what i can see on my own

If I think the signatures are legit, then I'll determine if its worth $300 (cost for beatles authentication) from psa.

I don't care about a certificate its more to know if they are legit or not.

thanks again
the wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote