Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-01-2017, 08:21 PM   #61
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

So to answer my own question, the rest of the transactions I'd have expected showed up as the blockchain downloaded that time of the year, lines up with what I have archived in my gmail from the mining pool.

Over 21 Litecoins.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2017, 09:30 PM   #62
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
So to answer my own question, the rest of the transactions I'd have expected showed up as the blockchain downloaded that time of the year, lines up with what I have archived in my gmail from the mining pool.

Over 21 Litecoins.
I always suspected CP downloaded malware to make our computers farm bitcoins!!

Seriously though, congrats on the windfall!
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:49 PM   #63
photon

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
I always suspected CP downloaded malware to make our computers farm bitcoins!!

Seriously though, congrats on the windfall!
Funny you suggest that, a while back I was playing whack-a-mole with something that kept finding an exploit in the Wordpress install. Eventually I got ahead (haven't seen a problem for quite a while, knocks wood), but for a while it would get in and the only thing it seemed to do was install a bitcoin miner. It didn't take away resources from the site so everything ran fine, but it ran in the background. So it does happen!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2017, 10:04 PM   #64
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So, I've got this money making idea....
Old 09-02-2017, 05:52 PM   #65
theJuice
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Finally got around to getting my Bitcoin Cash from electrum. Didnt want to bother holding on to it, so I just essentially converted them to Bitcoins. Could be a mistake in the future, but I'm not too concerned. Dont really want to hold so many crypto coins, more of a head ache. Just fine with bitcoins and ether. Hell, I originally just got into Bitcoins as it was more convenient for me to use with online gambling.
theJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:31 AM   #66
Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Cryptocurrencies are dropping big time, I have a small amount in ETH and LITE but wondering if I should dump some money in before the turn around. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?
Old 09-14-2017, 08:08 AM   #67
photon

Exp:

If the decrease is due to China's moves against it, will it necessarily turn around? Wouldn't it be more of a permanent move, the new normal?
Old 09-14-2017, 08:30 AM   #68
Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
If the decrease is due to China's moves against it, will it necessarily turn around? Wouldn't it be more of a permanent move, the new normal?

That's a good point, I guess that could very well be the case
Old 09-15-2017, 08:56 AM   #69
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

I watch this pretty closely. In fact, my partner in trading is in China.

It's going to be pretty hard to shut this down without some pretty serious losses in China. I would be surprised if they actually do it, but it's China so who knows. They announced the same thing last year, and it caused the same drop. Then they came back and said "not closing, just re-regulating". Price shot right back up. Likely that's why the price is bouncing around from 12 month lows to 20% increases in the matter of minutes; people are speculating the same is coming. I'm not so sure.

I see 2 scenarios here.

1) They re-regulate, and the price goes back up. Chinese exchanges are closing, so that's probably not going to happen. If I were Chinese regulators I would be opening a state run exchange, and shutter the rest.

2) They close the exchanges altogether, and the price craters (moreso than what we see now). I don't see it being suppressed long term however, there is too much money and too much potential with cryptocurrencies to stop them. China's trying to close the gate and the horses are already out of the barn. It was originally being used to move cash out of the country (avoiding the currency controls), but it's gone so much further than that now.

This is a 150 BILLION dollar industry. It's not going to disappear, especially with the blockchain applications that companies are implementing. It did however need some regulating, and I'm all for that. There are a lot of whitepaper ICO's happening right now, and the VAST majority are total junk. People are getting soaked out of millions of dollars investing in crap like Paragon tokens that is not much more than an idea, pushed forward by B list celebrities to give it legitimacy.

IMO the entire industry needs to keep evolving, and needs regulation similar to IPO's on the stock exchange. 16 year old kids shouldn't be allowed to run ICO's, make millions, then f-off into the sunset with everyone's money. There needs to be some kind of oversight to curb the illegal activity going on.

As for me, I sold out 75% of my holdings yesterday during the drop. I see it's back up this AM, but if China announces a complete closure in the next day or two look out.

This article sums up what I am saying.

https://thenextweb.com/contributors/...#.tnw_LkTK9dHQ

Last edited by Tron_fdc; 09-15-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 06:58 PM   #70
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
I watch this pretty closely. In fact, my partner in trading is in China.

It's going to be pretty hard to shut this down without some pretty serious losses in China. I would be surprised if they actually do it, but it's China so who knows. They announced the same thing last year, and it caused the same drop. Then they came back and said "not closing, just re-regulating". Price shot right back up. Likely that's why the price is bouncing around from 12 month lows to 20% increases in the matter of minutes; people are speculating the same is coming. I'm not so sure.

I see 2 scenarios here.

1) They re-regulate, and the price goes back up. Chinese exchanges are closing, so that's probably not going to happen. If I were Chinese regulators I would be opening a state run exchange, and shutter the rest.

2) They close the exchanges altogether, and the price craters (moreso than what we see now). I don't see it being suppressed long term however, there is too much money and too much potential with cryptocurrencies to stop them. China's trying to close the gate and the horses are already out of the barn. It was originally being used to move cash out of the country (avoiding the currency controls), but it's gone so much further than that now.

This is a 150 BILLION dollar industry. It's not going to disappear, especially with the blockchain applications that companies are implementing. It did however need some regulating, and I'm all for that. There are a lot of whitepaper ICO's happening right now, and the VAST majority are total junk. People are getting soaked out of millions of dollars investing in crap like Paragon tokens that is not much more than an idea, pushed forward by B list celebrities to give it legitimacy.

IMO the entire industry needs to keep evolving, and needs regulation similar to IPO's on the stock exchange. 16 year old kids shouldn't be allowed to run ICO's, make millions, then f-off into the sunset with everyone's money. There needs to be some kind of oversight to curb the illegal activity going on.

As for me, I sold out 75% of my holdings yesterday during the drop. I see it's back up this AM, but if China announces a complete closure in the next day or two look out.

This article sums up what I am saying.

https://thenextweb.com/contributors/...#.tnw_LkTK9dHQ
I agree with everything you said. Except I added to my ETH position in the latest drop.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:04 PM   #71
theJuice
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

BTC hitting new all time highs, as always, I just hold. Breaks 5k USD
The Following User Says Thank You to theJuice For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2017, 01:15 PM   #72
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Another hard fork coming up Oct 25. Expect BTC and ETH to continue rising and everything else falling until the fork is completed (everyone seems to be parking their money in BTC for security).

I've been day trading on Lumen, Metal and Rubycoin the last few weeks, hitting the highs and lows. I was hitting 5% daily until the latest drop, which puts me at about a break even on the month. Kinda frustrating. Although I'm seriously considering going all in on Bitcoin Gold on the next fork, especially after what happened to BTC cash.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:58 PM   #73
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

I remember the last bitcoin I had was worth about $150. I spent it all on Humble Bundles.

That is all.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:33 AM   #74
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

And just like that Lumen is up 100% this AM. I'm way up as of this morning.

My advice to everyone is to ignore stuff like this; no way can you continually hit home runs. I make my daily 5%, then sit back and watch the market looking for another coin or token to make a few points on. It's a grind, and you have to be patient.

As far as the hard fork goes, I would suggest anyone who wants to get in on BTC does it quickly. When it forks, anyone holding BTC will be issued the equal amount (coin wise, not dollar wise) of bitcoin gold. If BTG runs up AT ALL it's free money.

https://bitcointechtalk.com/bitcoin-...w-8b3e645be409
Old 10-16-2017, 09:45 AM   #75
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

You know I consider myself pretty good at techie things, but I just can't wrap my head around Bitcoins.
Can someone explain this in reddit/explainlikeimfiveyearsold lingo?

Is this something I should consider investing some $$ in?
Cheese is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:05 AM   #76
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
You know I consider myself pretty good at techie things, but I just can't wrap my head around Bitcoins.
Can someone explain this in reddit/explainlikeimfiveyearsold lingo?

Is this something I should consider investing some $$ in?
Read up on blockchain technology, as it is the underpinning of all of the crypto currencies.

https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-i...in-technology/
The Following User Says Thank You to Canehdianman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #77
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ethereum trading at ~$580 CAD

Bitcoin as well. ~$10,500 CAD

Pretty much all-time highs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Canehdianman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2017, 04:03 PM   #78
theJuice
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Still holding BTC and ETH. Nice to finally see some movement on the ethereum, stayed pretty steady for a while.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:06 PM   #79
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Yeah I'm refreshing my browser constantly. It hit what, $680 yesterday for a few moments? Crazy couple of days here for sure.

I hold mainly eth now, and I sure am glad I didn't sell it off.

Anyone else dip their toes into ICO's? I did for a bit on bittrex, but man o man was it ever volatile. I was doing 5% gains day on day, thinking I was gaining some serious momentum, and then lost almost half of it on a bad day. Enough of that sh*t, I'm ETH or BTC for the foreseeable future.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:52 AM   #80
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post

Anyone else dip their toes into ICO's? I did for a bit on bittrex, but man o man was it ever volatile. I was doing 5% gains day on day, thinking I was gaining some serious momentum, and then lost almost half of it on a bad day. Enough of that sh*t, I'm ETH or BTC for the foreseeable future.
As far as I'm concerned, 99.99% of all ICOs that I've looked into have basically been a way to separate fools from their ETH/BTC.

Tags
bitcoin , cryptocurrency , ethereum