Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 05:50 PM   #7841
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
to my surprise when I was visiting Seoul, the "threat" of NK was always there but the South completely disregards it. They are too busy with Kpop, public wi-fi, and 4D movie theaters.
My best friend who's lived there the last 15 years said that they don't take any of this seriously, and the drills or any kind of emergency situation would results in selfish and chaotic behavior.

Its why when McMaster said up to 20 million could die in the first few hours of attack when others have said max 1-2 million, I understood that the US military knows far too well the social behavior of the S Koreans, who are absolutely in denial of the threat, and if the alarms go off, most of them wouldn't react with any fear.

My friend is moving back to Canada this year, he said he's not taking chances with is 2 kids and wife.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:27 PM   #7842
Buck Murdock
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToewsFan View Post
Where is CBC?
The CBC makes CNN look fair and balanced.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #7843
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Murdock View Post
Ok at this point, you have to state some positions or opinions, because at this point you have contributed nothing to a serious discussion, and the last of which is calling CBC the equivalent of CNN, which while CNN has a lot of flaws is not a real argument.

Discuss your thoughts and stop the drive by commentary in this discussion or leave the discussion.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #7844
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...88422338535424

Oh yeah, this is going really well.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:44 PM   #7845
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post

A pretty reasonable stand by the Chinese.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 8 Ball For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 07:06 PM   #7846
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nikki Haley's face when Trump suggested military action is possible in Venezuela...

....these people are aware they can resign anytime and end the humiliation right? They probably should press eject now because his mental degradation is only going to get worse.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:24 PM   #7847
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Donald's probably thanking his lucky stars for the Chinese getting him out of this mess. Now he can just back down and blame China.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:34 PM   #7848
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 07:35 PM   #7849
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
A pretty reasonable stand by the Chinese.
It's also a bluff.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:47 PM   #7850
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 08-11-2017, 09:31 PM   #7851
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
So what discussion would you like to have, at this point you have contributed nothing and done drive by comments, so please, by all means let us have a discussion.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:51 PM   #7852
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Nikki Haley's face when Trump suggested military action is possible in Venezuela...

....these people are aware they can resign anytime and end the humiliation right? They probably should press eject now because his mental degradation is only going to get worse.
Haley came out for Trump a little earlier, so probably not the example I'd be referring to, but how much of the "hangers on" are really trying to shield the country from a madman rather than serve him?

I look at General Kelly for example. The guy has been a military commander, a General and was the Secretary of Homeland Security. He's 67 years old and has accomplished more than being the Chief of Staff already. What would possess a man who's dedicate his entire life to protect the country. He lost his son in service to his country.

Is it really an honor to serve the Orange Clown, or does he see it as a way to maybe protect his country?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 12:14 AM   #7853
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

The best voice in the history of politics..Richard Painter is my hero, on so many levels, a traditional conservative.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:33 AM   #7854
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Here Buck, lets get this out of the way. Just post your favorite echo-chamber videos from:
That's what I like about you, PsYcNet - you never stoop to cheap rhetorical tactics like poisoning the well. With you, it's always about the merits of the argument, not who's making it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Harris is arguably centrist on gun control (though he supports having to take licensing exams which would immediately get him blacklisted by the NRA so I don't even know if you can say that). But he's obviously well left on everything else, policy wise. Pro-choice, pro-universal health care, pro-gay marriage... He's practically in green party territory on environmental policy. He supported Hillary, and his reasons for preferring her to Bernie were strategic (she had the better chance to win, in his view). He just happens to openly hate identity politics. If that's all it takes to be "right-leaning", then I guess the left is totally ####ed.
Yeah, you gotta wonder how many pro-choice, pro gay marriage, pro universal health care, pro gun control, global warming believing voters and public thinkers the left are willing to alienate because they don't hew to doctrinaire orthodoxy on identity issues. Do they vastly overestimate how popular their credo is, or are they just not all that interested in winning?

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 08-12-2017 at 06:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 11:19 AM   #7855
Mightyfire89
And I Don't Care...

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Here Buck, lets get this out of the way. Just post your favorite echo-chamber videos from:

Gad Saad
PJW
Jordan Peterson
David Icke
Alex Jones
Tomi Lahren
Lauren Southern
Milo Yiannapolous
Richard Spencer
Paul Town
Ricky Vaughn
John Rivers
Joe Rogan interviewing any combination of the above

so we can ignore that post and move on.
Just curious, why are you lumping Joe Rogan in with these loons?
Old 08-12-2017, 11:32 AM   #7856
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have you heard him interview these people? I find him insufferable. He probably claims to be a liberal but I think he's a misogynistic egomaniac. He probably claims to be a liberal but he rarely confronts his wacko guests with anything constructive.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #7857
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyfire89 View Post
Just curious, why are you lumping Joe Rogan in with these loons?
Because Joe Rogan rarely if ever offers meaningful push back against his guests' terrible ideas. Don't believe HIV causes AIDS? That's just what you believe, man! Milo tells you he was engaged in sexual relationships with adult men at thirteen, fourteen years old? Maybe react a little more forcefully than a bewildered 'i don't know about that....'.

Joe is as big a loon as any of them, he's just nicer and more charming. And several of my friends talk about him like he's a real source - he is not.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:55 PM   #7858
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

^This is the same criticism people have of Rubin, only it's even more obvious in Rubin's case given that he routinely says straight up that he's basically just a sounding board whose purpose is to give everyone as much rope as they need to either convince his audience or hang themselves. Which is a perfectly legitimate interviewing style.

Not everyone has to come to the table to try to debate people and try to make them repent of their world view. There's room for more than one type of conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Do they vastly overestimate how popular their credo is, or are they just not all that interested in winning?
I think it's closer to the latter, but a bit of a false dilemma. The practice is actually to create further and further narrow divisions on issues where one can take a holier-than-thou moral stand. If that's your M.O., of course you're going to alienate yourself from people. How else could you demonstrate that you're ideologically purer, and thus, a better person than they are?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 08-12-2017 at 12:57 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 01:44 PM   #7859
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Have you heard him interview these people? I find him insufferable. He probably claims to be a liberal but I think he's a misogynistic egomaniac. He probably claims to be a liberal but he rarely confronts his wacko guests with anything constructive.
Liberal has come to mean fundamentally different things to different people. It's pretty much useless as a term.

For example, I wouldn't characterize most of Rogan's guests as religious, family-first, conformist folks who vigilantly defend tradition and small-town values. Would you? So they're certainly not conservatives.
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 10:42 PM   #7860
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Needs to be twitter banned.

Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms