Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #2321
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those of you who have Unown, where did you find it?

I have no idea where I should be hanging out trying to complete my dex lol.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #2322
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post

Don't have one, but unfortunately, the answer seems to be hang out on a city-wide tracker and drive to wherever one pops up, or get ludicrously lucky.

In other news, did two level four raids today and caught both, a Venusaur and a Rhydon. The Venusaur was easy, but on the Rhydon my iPhone 5 was acting up and balls were literally just flying off my finger as I was winding up a curveball. After that happened four times, I asked my brother to let me use his iPhone 7. Timed my second throw after switching to hit right after the Rhydon did a move and landed an excellent curve on probably the smallest circle I've ever gotten. Snagged it there, and now I finally have some golden razz, too.

Oh, and my brother lucked out massively and got 2 fast, 1 charged TM on the Venusaur. Crazy.

Last edited by Aegypticus; 07-10-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:53 AM   #2323
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post

Almost zero chance without a tracker, imo.
City wide tracker works in Montreal. There is usually 1 Unown a week that shows up, and not always within 30 minute drive (and I'm alerted as soon as it spawns).
I expect they'll have an event sometime. We are supposed to get all 26 after all.
I still can't hatch Tyrogue, and with another 10 5km eggs in the mix, my chances are not improving.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:55 AM   #2324
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems like they changed the 10KM egg hatches recently, which makes me happy. No more pineco, gilgar or mantine. This makes me very happy. Get rid of that freaking tree and I would be happier...
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:00 AM   #2325
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
Seems like they changed the 10KM egg hatches recently, which makes me happy. No more pineco, gilgar or mantine. This makes me very happy. Get rid of that freaking tree and I would be happier...
But they added Chinchou to 10k eggs for some reason.

It seems very likely that legendaries will be introduced to the game starting this weekend.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:04 AM   #2326
LGA
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anyone else having issues with not getting coins after you have things return from the gym? Had a Ursaring in the gym for three days, got 0 coins for it returning to me.
LGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:36 AM   #2327
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGA View Post
Anyone else having issues with not getting coins after you have things return from the gym? Had a Ursaring in the gym for three days, got 0 coins for it returning to me.
There is a 50 coin per day maximum, so if you already have recieved 50 coins in the day, any pokemon returning will get you nothing.

Also, there was a few hours on Monday of this week where the system was down, and anything that returned during that time gave you 0 coins, but. I believe that these coins will eventually get to you. I'm out 41 coins for that, since I only received 9 coins on Monday, but should have maxed out.

It's frustrating sometimes, but I'm getting way more coins than I did under the old system, so I find it hard to complain too much. Under the old system, I was probably averaging 5-8 coins a day, and now I'm averaging probably 40.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:27 AM   #2328
LGA
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
There is a 50 coin per day maximum, so if you already have recieved 50 coins in the day, any pokemon returning will get you nothing.

Also, there was a few hours on Monday of this week where the system was down, and anything that returned during that time gave you 0 coins, but. I believe that these coins will eventually get to you. I'm out 41 coins for that, since I only received 9 coins on Monday, but should have maxed out.

It's frustrating sometimes, but I'm getting way more coins than I did under the old system, so I find it hard to complain too much. Under the old system, I was probably averaging 5-8 coins a day, and now I'm averaging probably 40.
Haven't had anything else return in that period, and I know they've been trying to close an exploit and it seems like that's resulted in a bunch of people missing out on coins.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #2329
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

At least you're getting your pokemon back! I have 3 that have been stuck in Death Valley for the past 3 weeks....

On that note if anyone finds themselves in the Death Valley area please go knock my guys out of the gyms in Ash Meadows and the Bristlecone forest.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #2330
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
But they added Chinchou to 10k eggs for some reason.

It seems very likely that legendaries will be introduced to the game starting this weekend.
Confirmed

https://www.pokemongolive.com/en/post/legendarypokemon

Last edited by Flaming Choy; 07-20-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flaming Choy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2017, 12:11 PM   #2331
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have to assume that some of the challenges or whatever taking place in Chicago this weekend will be 'legendary', and when successful will unlock for worldwide.
Having made the move to Chicago just a couple days ago, am looking forward to this outing on Saturday a lot. Which is a bit silly, I know, but still
Old 07-20-2017, 12:12 PM   #2332
LGA
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Know what's frustrating? Beating a raid, everyone gets rare candies, but instead of rare candies, you get 20 revives.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #2333
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGA View Post
Know what's frustrating? Beating a raid, everyone gets rare candies, but instead of rare candies, you get 20 revives.
I was going to say this too - I got 12 revives from a raid last night - seriously? 2 minutes later, I had to throw out revives becasue my bag was full. I'd rather have a single pinap berry, never mind a single golden razz or a single rare candy.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:31 PM   #2334
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Tried Soloing a machamp raid (last time I tried once before someone joined me and we took it down), but jus T couldn't quite get it done. Tried 3 times before the raid expired, and the 2nd time I was close enough to think that it might be possible if I executed perfectly.

Ultimately though, me second Alakazam isn't powered up enough, my Espeons aren't powered up enough, and I don't have enough pokemon with the best moveset.

Here's the lineup I was attempting with:

2509 Alakazam - Confusion/Future Sight (Pretty much the perfect attacker I can have my my level)
2500 Exeggutor - Zen Headbutt/Solar Beam (A Psychic charge move would be better, but Solar beam can do a lot of damage)
2297 Espeon - Confusion/Psychic (needs powering up some more)
2211 Espeon - Confusion/Psybeam (I'll probably use a charged TM on this guy at some point, needs powering up too)
2058 Alakazam - Confusion/Psychic (Needs powering up)
1636 Exeggutor - Zeen Headbutt/Psychic (Needs Powering up)

Having Future Sight with a couple more of those would be ideal as well.

In the first attempt, I accidentally picked a grass move Exeggutor instead of a Phychic one, so I didn't bother trying to put in a seventh mon after the sixth fainted. The second try, I tried my 2915 Gyarados, and the third time, my seventh was my 2237 Blissey with Psychic for a charge move.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #2335
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I was going to say this too - I got 12 revives from a raid last night - seriously? 2 minutes later, I had to throw out revives becasue my bag was full. I'd rather have a single pinap berry, never mind a single golden razz or a single rare candy.
I would rather have straight up potions, not hypers, max or anything else over revives at this point.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #2336
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Trying to solo a Gengar raid was a big fail as well - but it's good to know how effective various pokemon are. My Espeons and Houndoom pretty much were useless - killed off before doing much. My weaker Alakazam could last long enough to even get off one charge move either.

Only got the Gengar down to about 25%.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:12 PM   #2337
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

What an absolute #### show from Niantic again.
3 hour lineup to get into the park, and zero connectivity once inside.
We are sitting in a pub in downtown Chicago waiting to see if they might solve anything.
Apparently they are refunding tickets in full and giving all players who scanned in $100US worth of poke coin.
Interestingly, we caught a Heracross and a couple Unown outside the park on way to bar.

Nice job again Niantic
Old 07-22-2017, 03:38 PM   #2338
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

And there was very little into for anyone wanting to take part outside of Chicago too.
This game could be so much better, but Niantic just seems completely over their heads.
Mass_nerder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:41 PM   #2339
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Malcolm, there is a fb unown/blissey sightings messenger group (advertised on pogo YYC page a while ago) that you can join. You're only allowed in if you've subscribed to pkmt though. I only need 11 more letters thanks to this group.
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #2340
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently will wind up getting refund, 14500 poke coin deposited to account, and get Lugia without having to catch him.
Lugia and Articuno all over the place in level 5 raids in downtown Chicago right now - like 20 of each.

Last edited by EldrickOnIce; 07-22-2017 at 07:06 PM.