Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-10-2017, 08:18 PM   #881
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

Carroll calls out coaches and players as he leaves, specifically about their ISO ball:

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/07/10...ve-locker-room
I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I_H8_Crawford For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #882
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wasn't malicious, but he did pretty much slag Casey. Any idea which players he may be referring to? I don't see Val as a premadonna but I'm guessing the coaching staff built the style to cover some of his shortcomings. I dunno. He's not wrong though.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:14 PM   #883
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Wasn't malicious, but he did pretty much slag Casey. Any idea which players he may be referring to? I don't see Val as a premadonna but I'm guessing the coaching staff built the style to cover some of his shortcomings. I dunno. He's not wrong though.
Casey basically does not coach and yet retains the job. Offensively they just give the ball to DD and stand around. He takes his volume shots per game and that's that. Lowry et. al. actually play when he hits the bench. Casey is going to coach a ball movement system next year? Wouldn't you need some guys who pass the ball?

Lowry and Ibaka can run a movement offense / they just need to spread the ball around and only give DD passes within the offense. Lowry just needs to be the player coach and completely ignore Casey.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:42 AM   #884
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

No more Miles?

http://www.nba.com/raptors/press-rel...-trade-indiana

The Toronto Raptors announced Friday they have acquired the draft rights to forward Emir Preldzic (PRELD-zich) from the Indiana Pacers in exchange for guard Cory Joseph
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:44 AM   #885
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Obviously I don't understand NBA cap and trade

@michaelgrange: With Joseph traded into Pacers cap space, CJ Miles signs mid-level exception. Raptors have a roughly $8-million trade exception to use.
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:43 AM   #886
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculoso View Post
No more Miles?

The Toronto Raptors announced Friday they have acquired the draft rights to forward Emir Preldzic (PRELD-zich) from the Indiana Pacers in exchange for guard Cory Joseph
The Toronto Raptors continued their restructuring Friday by confirming the trade of Canadian guard to Indiana.
The deal helps pave the way for the reported acquisition of unrestricted free agent
from the Pacers next week.
The Raptors acquired the draft rights to forward
for Joseph, as a throw-in to the deal as the Pacers are required to give up something in the trade. Preldzic has played the last 10 seasons in the Turkish league, and will likely never play a game for Toronto.
Making two separate deals to ultimately get Miles gives Toronto some financial flexibility.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:51 AM   #887
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Obviously I don't understand NBA cap and trade

@michaelgrange: With Joseph traded into Pacers cap space, CJ Miles signs mid-level exception. Raptors have a roughly $8-million trade exception to use.
The Carroll trade created a $12 million trade exception.
Trading Joseph into cap space creates an $8 million exception.
It also brings the Raptors down under the tax threshold so they have an $8 million MLE.
They use that MLE to sign Miles.
They still have two trade exceptions: $12 million from Carroll, $8 million from Joseph. These can only be used in single-player trades and cannot be combined.

Last edited by octothorp; 07-15-2017 at 10:00 AM.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 09:23 PM   #888
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

They can sit on the trade exceptions till next year. So if Lebron brakes his leg they can make additions using them but for now they are very likely done. Unless they add some dufus like Diaw etc.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:19 AM   #889
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No more Miles?

Miles is still going to Toronto. Preidzic is the draft pick they acquired.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:44 PM   #890
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nike has released new NBA uniforms:

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/07/1...e-new-uniforms

Apparently there will no longer be "home" and "away" uniforms, just 4 editions for each team where the home team can choose whichever set they want to wear.
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lazypucker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2017, 02:01 PM   #891
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

So word is Kyrie wants out of Cleveland. Kyrie for Porzingis straight up...who says no?
Old 07-21-2017, 04:10 PM   #892
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol at Cleveland...Kyrie wants out this year...Lebron out next...Billups rejecting them...At least they got 1 championship...Hope they all go West. Leave the east as weak as possible.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #893
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

@ShamsCharina:
Sources: Washington star John Wall has agreed to a four-year, $170M extension with the Wizards, including player option and trade kicker.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:11 PM   #894
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Derrick Rose to the Cavs on a one year deal according to Shams. And with that the four guys to win MVP since 2009 either play for the Warriors or the Cavs. Not sure if this increases the chances of Kyrie being dealt, but if DRose can pick up the 3FG% and stay healthy, and if Kyrie stays, at least next years Finals have a little more intrigue even if the Warriors should still win.

Also, Shams > Woj. But what a rivalry it's turning into, probably more intriguing than any of the actual NBA teams rivalries.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 07-24-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:33 AM   #895
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:35 AM   #896
sasha
Draft Pick

Still boggles the mind that LeBron has been in the finals 7 straight times, and during that time of moving from Cavs, to Miami, then back to Cavs you see that each time he left those teams missed the playoffs, endeing up high in the draft, while LeBrons new team went to the finals in his first year.

That being said, i doubt Kyrie potentially leaving will affect Cav's chances of getting into teh finals again. If im not mistake Kyrie is just grumpy that he isnt receving the promised spotlight prior to Lebron coming to the Cavs.
sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:32 AM   #897
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha View Post
Still boggles the mind that LeBron has been in the finals 7 straight times, and during that time of moving from Cavs, to Miami, then back to Cavs you see that each time he left those teams missed the playoffs, endeing up high in the draft, while LeBrons new team went to the finals in his first year.

That being said, i doubt Kyrie potentially leaving will affect Cav's chances of getting into teh finals again. If im not mistake Kyrie is just grumpy that he isnt receving the promised spotlight prior to Lebron coming to the Cavs.
I feel like unless the Cavs can get an elite piece back in a Kyrie deal (Lillard/Booker/Porzingas), they should politely tell him to stfu and get back into the gym. Could be another Kobe x Shaq situation where the players don't want to play with eachother and most likely, Lebron is gone in 2018 anyways. But for the time being, this is the best chance they have at chasing a ring. Two years left on his deal anyways, so Kyrie isn't in a position where he gets to make his own decisions just yet.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:53 PM   #898
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm going to guess this whole Kyrie thing was a plan between him and Lebron to find a way to get to NY. I don't buy that they're angry at eachother. I just think he wanted to see if he could get to NY, then next year during free agency Lebron would as well. When NY balked at making a deal for Carmelo one for one, their plan when down the tubes. It wouldn't surprise me this is the case with all the rumors of Lebron telling players not to sign in Cleveland because he'll be leaving anyway.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:06 PM   #899
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I'm going to guess this whole Kyrie thing was a plan between him and Lebron to find a way to get to NY. I don't buy that they're angry at eachother. I just think he wanted to see if he could get to NY, then next year during free agency Lebron would as well. When NY balked at making a deal for Carmelo one for one, their plan when down the tubes. It wouldn't surprise me this is the case with all the rumors of Lebron telling players not to sign in Cleveland because he'll be leaving anyway.
What a plot twist that'd be
Old 08-14-2017, 10:01 PM   #900
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/schedule

Tags
competitive disparity , in masai we trust , minny is further north , nat'l blowout association , nba 2k17 is the bomb , swept away , yawnba