Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 12:18 PM   #6581
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post
That's why Chiapet has it as his priority to sign McJesus to a new contract ahead of Leon Draisaitl who is will be an RFA July 1.

Speaking of Draisaitl, and the year he had, what do you think he will sign for? I expect his agent to push for $8 million and I really hope he gets it! Add that to McJesus's probably $12 and Lucia $6 the Coilers will be in real trouble being competitive after next season.

And please, nobody take Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins off of the Coilers hands!
Nobody will be lining up to take those guys off their hands. The Oilers would have to retain salary, take bad contracts back or a combination to move them.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:42 PM   #6582
verda13
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveicedhockey View Post
Sweatpants was picking buddy up from the hotel, and it wasn't that people we're using the pool, just it's utterly no good placement.
Almost as bad as your punctuation...
Old 05-24-2017, 12:53 PM   #6583
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Edmonton media has started preparing fans for an Eberle trade...

Quote:
This in from Edmonton Oilers insider Drew Remenda, the Sportsnet analyst, who today unloaded on Oilers forward Jordan Eberle in an interview with fellow insider Bob Stauffer on Oilers Now.

Remenda started off saying that with Eberle’s $6 million per year salary, he’d trade him pronto.

“The one I’d sell would be Jordan Eberle for a couple reasons…. Objectively you look at Jordan Eberle and he just doesn’t do enough for me. He stays on the outside too much.”

And then Remenda dropped the P-bomb, the failure to practice hard enough: “He doesn’t — and Bob you know my thing about practice — if you want to get better you’ve got to work at your game. You’ve got invest in your career. And I don’t see that from Jordan. And maybe it’s because he does it away from the rink during the summer, I don’t know.
http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...oilers-insider
Old 05-24-2017, 12:56 PM   #6584
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Drew Remenda is an 'insider?'

Since when?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2017, 01:03 PM   #6585
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

lol...the first one I'd sell in Eberle because he's lazy, overpriced and poor at the game of hockey.

This guy is a master salesman.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:05 PM   #6586
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah123 View Post
The Edmonton media has started preparing fans for an Eberle trade...

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...oilers-insider
I'm sure there will be tons of teams lining up to take on that albatross of a contract for what will amount to the production of a Teddy Purcell.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:16 PM   #6587
Realistic
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I know the Edmonton fans and media think they will have teams lining up to take Eberle, I hope there isn't another team dumb enough to do it without Edmonton retaining most of his salary.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:20 PM   #6588
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I doubt that anyone is going to be jumping all over Eberle unless the Oilers

a) eat half his salary
b) eat a chunk of salary and give them something tasty like a decent draft pick or prospect.

RNH will be picked up, but not at full pop, but they're really going to need him to bring back a decent young defenseman, but I can't see that happening without a real sweetener like eating a big chunk of Nuge's salary or again sending a tasty treat along with Nuge.

I doubt that Vegas is going to be all over a guy like Poulliot, there are better crappy wingers being made available. I would bet that Vegas takes a guy like Letestu, unless the Oilers bribe Vegas to take Poulliot.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 05-24-2017, 01:20 PM   #6589
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Filipovic Forsberg‏ @DimFilipovic
This Eberle thing is all part of a 4-step process. Step 1: Pick a player and scapegoat him, citing his apparent lack of production.

Step 2: Smear campaign. Put dirt on him with speculative stories, hoping to turn fans and ease the process of getting him out of town.

Step 3: Trade him for 50 cents on the dollar, but that's OK because you're turning a negative into positive by doing addition by subtraction

Step 4: When the player succeeds next year, be quick to point out that he needed a fresh start and wouldn't have been able to do that here.

--

Honestly Eberle had a ridiculously low shooting % despite pretty god underlying numbers, and the Oilers would be dead stupid to sell him off at his absolute lowest value.

But that's exactly what the Oilers are going to do. The talking heads have already turned on him... it's just like Hall last year.

Dumb team is dumb and is going to do dumb stuff.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:25 PM   #6590
iloveicedhockey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by verda13 View Post
Almost as bad as your punctuation...
Blaming the incorrect apostrophe on Swype keyboard and the missing comma on carelessness.

I'm utterly, completely thankful that, despite clearly having limitations when it comes to the written form of the English language, I'll never feel the need to use emoticons.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:26 PM   #6591
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Filipovic Forsberg‏ @DimFilipovic
This Eberle thing is all part of a 4-step process. Step 1: Pick a player and scapegoat him, citing his apparent lack of production.

Step 2: Smear campaign. Put dirt on him with speculative stories, hoping to turn fans and ease the process of getting him out of town.

Step 3: Trade him for 50 cents on the dollar, but that's OK because you're turning a negative into positive by doing addition by subtraction

Step 4: When the player succeeds next year, be quick to point out that he needed a fresh start and wouldn't have been able to do that here.

--

Honestly Eberle had a ridiculously low shooting % despite pretty god underlying numbers, and the Oilers would be dead stupid to sell him off at his absolute lowest value.

But that's exactly what the Oilers are going to do. The talking heads have already turned on him... it's just like Hall last year.

Dumb team is dumb and is going to do dumb stuff.
If they want to sign McDavid and Draisail which probably adds close to 14 million to their payroll in the next year as well as replace a guy like Russell or resign him and deal with other resigns they'll probably have to axe about 14 or so million from their payroll.

No teams are going to take Eberle's and RNH's 6 million dollar hits straight across, nor are teams just going to take on guys like Poulliot for example.

So for the Oilers its more then just trading Eberle and RNH, they will probably have to move one or two other big dollar contracts for very little in return.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 05-24-2017, 01:29 PM   #6592
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Drew Remenda is an 'insider?'

Since when?
Since the Klowen show called up his buddy Big Drew, and fed him a story.

No worries they have an endless supply of top wingers to chew through. Plus even if they shoot themselves in the foot McDavid can just play more shifts. Its a win win!
Old 05-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #6593
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Blaming the incorrect apostrophe on Swype keyboard and the missing comma on carelessness.

I'm utterly, completely thankful that, despite clearly having limitations when it comes to the written form of the English language, I'll never feel the need to use emoticons.
You want to try that again?
Old 05-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #6594
verda13
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Wow... it's​ all in good fun. If only the Oilers were as defensive as you are...

Also, I think the Delta Calgary Airport has a similar layout with their pool.
The Following User Says Thank You to verda13 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #6595
iloveicedhockey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by verda13 View Post
Wow... it's​ all in good fun. If only the Oilers were as defensive as you are...

Also, I think the Delta Calgary Airport has a similar layout with their pool.
In all honesty I'm very lazy with punctuation when using my phone (fat thumbs) on message boards and very nearly used some emoticons in my message to suggest jest, but I couldn't tell if your post were in jest, or pedantic grammar sheriff.

Either way, a pool opposite reception isn't ideal (I haven't been to the Calgary delta). I found it so bizarre.
The Following User Says Thank You to iloveicedhockey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2017, 01:57 PM   #6596
iloveicedhockey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
You want to try that again?
I'd rather not, I'm exhausted. Trying to sound intelligent when you aren't is tough.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:26 PM   #6597
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
If they want to sign McDavid and Draisail which probably adds close to 14 million to their payroll in the next year as well as replace a guy like Russell or resign him and deal with other resigns they'll probably have to axe about 14 or so million from their payroll.

No teams are going to take Eberle's and RNH's 6 million dollar hits straight across, nor are teams just going to take on guys like Poulliot for example.

So for the Oilers its more then just trading Eberle and RNH, they will probably have to move one or two other big dollar contracts for very little in return.
Try 18 M. 7 + 11
Old 05-24-2017, 02:30 PM   #6598
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
Try 18 M. 7 + 11
Well McDavids salary is close to 3.7 and Draisaitl's is close to 3.4. So 18 - 7.1 ish. They will add about 11-12 million.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2017, 03:33 PM   #6599
the-rasta-masta
First Line Centre

Exp:

I see Eberle as a good player who would benefit from a change of scenery. If the salary were a better fit for us right now, I'd take him on. If the Oilers want to retain salary, the Flames should be all over him. He was the player who showed great chemistry with McDavid in the latter's rookie year, and I could see him being a solid fit for the Flames on the right side with 13 and 23.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:46 PM   #6600
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing about Eberle and RNH is even if they trade them to open up cap space, who the hell replaces them? They're bottom line was already atrocious and now you want to promote those guys?
Closed Thread