Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 11:40 AM   #1981
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

More comedy gold from last night. West Wing character C.J. Cregg (Allison Janney) holding a press briefing on Samantha Bee's "Not the White House Correspondents Dinner".

Old 04-30-2017, 11:47 AM   #1982
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Not sure where else this should go...but apparently this is now a thing.

Ugh.

they even have a website dedicated to it.

http://officialblackgunsmatter.com/
Old 04-30-2017, 11:52 AM   #1983
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post

Ugh.

they even have a website dedicated to it.

http://officialblackgunsmatter.com/
If they're going to cling to legal guns and the absurd gun culture, at least they're trying to educate and train people to handle them correctly and be more aware of laws and regulations. The conflict resolution aspect doesn't hurt.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:53 AM   #1984
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

So the possibilities here are Trump is straight up lying to further deceive his voters (highly likely), or he doesn't actually know or care what's in the GOP's latest bill (also highly likely). Either way the cultists will love the result, even if it crushes them personally.

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/858710587995500545
Old 04-30-2017, 11:54 AM   #1985
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Not sure where else this should go...but apparently this is now a thing.
The gun industry needs new markets, now that "they'll tak er Guns" obama and Hillary aren't around, to generate sales.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:45 PM   #1986
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Trump on Face the nation, reading this makes your head hurt but still way better than listening.

Trump doesn't understand his own bill, the host goes back and forth trying to get an understanding of if pre-existing conditions will be covered like in ACA, or if they're being optional by the states, or if they're guaranteed, Trump at one point says stuff to support all 3 positions, and finally seems to say there's a specific clause that guarantees that pre-existing conditions will be covered.

Then brilliantly drags the Russia stuff front and center again.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-in...ce-the-nation/
Old 04-30-2017, 02:06 PM   #1987
photon

Exp:

Looks like lots at the climate march.

http://i.imgur.com/yhSgX7D.gifv
Old 04-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #1988
photon

Exp:

When President Trump called President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines on Saturday, the American leader’s national security aides saw it as part of a routine diplomatic outreach to Southeast Asian leaders. Mr. Trump, characteristically, had his own ideas.

During their “very friendly conversation,” the administration said in a late-night statement, Mr. Trump invited Mr. Duterte, an authoritarian leader accused of ordering extrajudicial killings of drug suspects in the Philippines, to visit him at the White House.

Now, administration officials are bracing for an avalanche of criticism from human rights groups. Two officials said they expected the State Department and the National Security Council, both of which were caught off guard by the invitation, to raise objections internally.

The White House disclosed the news on a day when Mr. Trump whipped up ardent backers at a campaign-style rally in Harrisburg, Pa. The timing of the announcement — after a speech that was an angry, grievance-filled jeremiad — encapsulated this president after 100 days in office: still ready to say and do things that leave people, even on his staff, slack-jawed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/30/u...p-duterte.html
Old 04-30-2017, 04:04 PM   #1989
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Daily Show comedian Hasan Minhaj absolutely killed it at the White House Correspondents Dinner. He mentions near the beginning that he was asked not to criticize Trump in his absence, and then for the next 25 minutes he completely goes to town on Trump and his entire administration, and also rips into the press. Very funny stuff. He gets a bit more serious towards the end with some heartfelt closing remarks.

Mehhhh. Pretty hack, not much new and nothing cutting edge IMO. Also he was born in California yet claims to be an immigrant....

Too bad Parice O' Neal is not around anymore he would've been perfect for this.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #1990
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Trump on Face the nation, reading this makes your head hurt but still way better than listening.

Trump doesn't understand his own bill, the host goes back and forth trying to get an understanding of if pre-existing conditions will be covered like in ACA, or if they're being optional by the states, or if they're guaranteed, Trump at one point says stuff to support all 3 positions, and finally seems to say there's a specific clause that guarantees that pre-existing conditions will be covered.

Then brilliantly drags the Russia stuff front and center again.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-in...ce-the-nation/
Reading that did hurt my brain. I don't think the guy understands much of anything. It's pretty scary.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:04 PM   #1991
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Quote:
When President Trump called President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines on Saturday, the American leader’s national security aides saw it as part of a routine diplomatic outreach to Southeast Asian leaders. Mr. Trump, characteristically, had his own ideas.

During their “very friendly conversation,” the administration said in a late-night statement, Mr. Trump invited Mr. Duterte, an authoritarian leader accused of ordering extrajudicial killings of drug suspects in the Philippines, to visit him at the White House.

Now, administration officials are bracing for an avalanche of criticism from human rights groups. Two officials said they expected the State Department and the National Security Council, both of which were caught off guard by the invitation, to raise objections internally.

The White House disclosed the news on a day when Mr. Trump whipped up ardent backers at a campaign-style rally in Harrisburg, Pa. The timing of the announcement — after a speech that was an angry, grievance-filled jeremiad — encapsulated this president after 100 days in office: still ready to say and do things that leave people, even on his staff, slack-jawed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/30/u...p-duterte.html
I take it as a good sign that people are still gobsmacked by his shenanigans, when people start to shrug we are all in trouble...

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Old 05-01-2017, 07:07 AM   #1992
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

What I love is how undoubtedly proud he and his cult are of his staggering ignorance and lack of knowledge. Oh and he has talked many times of his love of Andrew Jackson, so to not know either a) when he died or b) when the civil war was ....yeah lol

Old 05-01-2017, 07:21 AM   #1993
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Wow that is dangerously stupid.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:30 AM   #1994
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ladies and Gentleman, the President of the United States.

Well done America, well done.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:55 AM   #1995
Iowa_Flames_Fan
Referee

Exp:

I'm actually less concerned about the fact that he evidently has no idea that Andrew Jackson had been dead for 16 years when the Civil War began, and even more evidently no clue about what actually precipitated the war, than I am about the fact that he openly lionizes a man that history has shown to be a genocidal maniac.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iowa_Flames_Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2017, 08:16 AM   #1996
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Flames_Fan View Post
I'm actually less concerned about the fact that he evidently has no idea that Andrew Jackson had been dead for 16 years when the Civil War began, and even more evidently no clue about what actually precipitated the war, than I am about the fact that he openly lionizes a man that history has shown to be a genocidal maniac.
Yes but he's a strong genocidal maniac.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #1997
photon

Exp:

Agreement over govt funding till September agreed on, doesn't have a heck of a lot for Trump. Including:

1. There are explicit restrictions to block the border wall.
2. Non-defense domestic spending will go up, despite the Trump team’s insistence he wouldn’t let that happen.
3. Barack Obama’s cancer moonshot is generously funded.
4. Trump fought to cut the Environmental Protection Agency by a third. The final deal trims its budget by just 1 percent, with no staff cuts.
5. He didn’t defund Planned Parenthood.
6. The president got less than half as much for the military as he said was necessary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...69b3a72331f09/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2017, 09:07 AM   #1998
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Agreement over govt funding till September agreed on, doesn't have a heck of a lot for Trump. Including:
I'd be furious if I were a Trump supporter, or Republican.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:18 AM   #1999
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

1. There are explicit restrictions to block the border wall.
2. Non-defense domestic spending will go up, despite the Trump team’s insistence he wouldn’t let that happen.
3. Barack Obama’s cancer moonshot is generously funded.
4. Trump fought to cut the Environmental Protection Agency by a third. The final deal trims its budget by just 1 percent, with no staff cuts.
5. He didn’t defund Planned Parenthood.
6. The president got less than half as much for the military as he said was necessary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...69b3a72331f09/
Seems like the Whitehouse did a bang up job of negotiating. I guess they are really getting it done if getting it done means not ####ing it all up with stupid ideas.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:33 AM   #2000
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

This dummy continues to amaze me almost every time he opens his mouth, off a teleprompter.

Trump abruptly ends interview with CBS' Dickerson after wiretapping questions

Quote:
But when Dickerson brought it up during an interview taping on Saturday, Trump said, "I think our side's been proven very strongly and everybody's talking about it and frankly, it should be discussed."
Trump added, "We should find out what the hell is going on."
When Dickerson pressed him, Trump said: "You can take it any way -- you can take it any way you want."
Dickerson: "I'm asking you because you don't want it to be fake news. I want to hear it from President Trump."
Trump: "You don't have to ask me. You don't have to ask me."
Dickerson: "Why not?"
Trump: "Because I have my own opinions, you can have your own opinions."
Dickerson: "But I want to know your opinions. You're the president of the United States."
Trump: "That's enough. Thank you. Thank you very much."
http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/01/medi...ump/index.html

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms