Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #3301
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Nell Scovell‏@NellSco
Why are we more shocked and outraged by a passenger getting dragged off a plane than an 8-year-old shot at school?
That doesn't happen if the passenger is able to conceal carry.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #3302
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Nell Scovell‏@NellSco
Why are we more shocked and outraged by a passenger getting dragged off a plane than an 8-year-old shot at school?
One happens a lot more frequently than the other
Old 04-11-2017, 11:51 AM   #3303
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
One happens a lot more frequently than the other
Which in itself is sad enough. An 8 year old was shot and killed while in their classroom. Nobody is really talking about it. I saw a few headlines last night and that's about it. I just find it sad for our society when we're almost used to this stuff now.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #3304
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crime/police-9-shot-at-after-hours-club/ar-BBzUaz7?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
Old 04-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #3305
jschick88
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default MASSIVE MANHUNT IN CLEVELAND! Man Streams Murder On Facebook

Sick SOB

Quote:
Cleveland Police are seeking a suspect who posted video of a homicide on Facebook, authorities said.

The murder happened on East 93rd in Cleveland. Police said the shooter streamed the deadly shooting live on his social media page and claimed to have committed other homicides. Police are still investigating those claims.

The suspect is (male black) Steve Stephens 6’1 244 pounds, bald with a full beard. He is wearing a dark blue and grey or black striped polo shirt. He is driving a white or cream colored SUV.

On his Facebook page, which has been taken down, he claims to have so far killed 14 people. One of the videos posted to his page him shows him shooting a man, whom he then says is dead.
http://breaking911.com/massive-manhu...killed-others/
Old 04-16-2017, 04:04 PM   #3306
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

That doesn't even seem real. Wow.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #3307
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Not only is it real, but it is happening far more frequently as time goes on. There have already been numerous killings aired on Facebook Live.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:45 PM   #3308
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Not only is it real, but it is happening far more frequently as time goes on. There have already been numerous killings aired on Facebook Live.
Yes, considering that Facebook live has no redeeming features what so ever, at best it enables you to unwillingly watch your most narcissistic 'friends' live their dull lives in public, its time to ban it completely, if only so I don't have to watch another bloody video of some one eating dinner.
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #3309
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol, I like Facebook live. It lets me see friends from far off places out having fun.

Thankfully they're not out murdering people, that would kind of suck. I don't think I'd watch that.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:02 PM   #3310
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
its time to ban it completely, if only so I don't have to watch another bloody video of some one eating dinner.
You can turn it off for people who are getting annoying. I had to do that for someone on my list who does it almost daily. It got to the point where she would just video her cat sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:18 PM   #3311
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

sick monster posted his number. temped to call the f'r up
Old 04-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #3312
sec304
First Line Centre

Exp:

According to Worldstar they found the guy deceased by a self inflicted gunshot wound in Pennsylvania. I won't link it cause Worldstar sucks.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #3313
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec304 View Post
According to Worldstar they found the guy deceased by a self inflicted gunshot wound in Pennsylvania. I won't link it cause Worldstar sucks.
What a f'n POS, if you want to kill yourself, just do it, no idea why an innocent person has to pay.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:57 PM   #3314
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
lol, I like Facebook live. It lets me see friends from far off places out having fun.

Thankfully they're not out murdering people, that would kind of suck. I don't think I'd watch that.
And maybe get some new friends?
Old 04-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #3315
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec304 View Post
Didn't exactly find him dead, there was a car chase and the cops trapped him. Then he took his own life before the cops got a hold of him.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:03 PM   #3316
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Didn't exactly find him dead, there was a car chase and the cops trapped him. Then he took his own life before the cops got a hold of him.
And apparently he was at the McDonald's drive through when someone recognized him and the employees purposely delayed his meal to give the cops a chance to get there.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:07 PM   #3317
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
And apparently he was at the McDonald's drive through when someone recognized him and the employees purposely delayed his meal to give the cops a chance to get there.
Yeah I saw that, good job by them. At least he's not going to hurt anyone else.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:41 AM   #3318
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man wanted for the april 13th shooting death of a man at a Fresno Motel 6 shoots and kills 3 more.
Quote:
The three victims were white, and apparently chosen at random, police said. The suspect, Kori Ali Muhammad, 39, is black, police said.
Muhammad had posted on social media a dislike for white people and government officials, Fresno, California, police Chief Jerry Dyer said.

He also yelled "Allahu Akbar" (God is greatest) when he was arrested Tuesday, officials said.

Two of those shot at were near Catholic Charities and were clients of the social services agency, Dyer said.

"We do not believe ... that this is a terrorist-related crime," Dyer told reporters. "This is solely based on race."
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...418-story.html
Old 04-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #3319
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I don't want to take away from what they did at McDonalds, but holy ill advised. I'm sure it was in the moment and they probably just got excited about stopping a criminal, but just a phone call to police was the proper procedure there.

I know if I knew a guy was on the lam for murder and was considered armed and dangerous the absolute last thing I'm doing is purposely delaying him, thinking he won't pick up on my clever little tactic.

From a self preservation perspective, two scenarios you just invited are either him wising up, getting anxious and deciding to take out more victims, or the police actually arriving at McDonalds and that's where the show down is.

Kudos to them for having the gall to get involved in such a volatile situation, though.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:03 PM   #3320
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, correct procedure is to give him the Happy Meal toy with the tracking device in it.
Closed Thread