Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-24-2017, 05:40 PM   #6981
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
The sad thing is Texas Flames Fan does not seem to get that most of the republican base agrees with Sanders.. Yet his party just keeps voting against their own interests.

I grew up in Canada and understand the mixed economy (like Iceland) and how the healthcare system works. Im not against that type of system. The problem Canadians and Icelanders don't understand is the difference in population size between you guys and the USA. There are probably 100 Iceland countries worth of people who do not work or pay taxes and would benefit from this type of Healthcare in the USA. There are prob another 100 Iceland countries worth of people that may quit working because of increased offered social care handouts. That leaves the rest to pay the bill. Now look what happened to Venezuela. When taxes increased on the rich, the rich picked up and moved somewhere else because they are rich and they can. That left the middle class paying for everyone. I have friends with families in Venezuela that have told me they have not had toilet paper since 2015.

Im not sure where the current healthcare system in the USA is going but I can tell you for sure its terrible right now down here. Obamacare is nothing to be proud of and is only going to hang over the democrats heads until it is finally fixed.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:43 PM   #6982
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
Its terrible for both Republicans and Democrats for these reasons;

My rates went up 49%. Coverage decreased and deductibles increased. Most people I know make over $15,000 so do not get covered for free healthcare. Some make 30-50k per year and they cannot afford the premium hikes. They will need to pay the $4500 Obamacare tax

As for the day I am happy that the Keystone Pipeline was approved. I am sure all you Calgarians are happy that has finally been passed as it will increase jobs in Alberta. I have really liked the progress of this administration minus this AHCA Bill.
The thing is, if you had voted more democrats in back when the ACA was first envisioned, it wouldn't have been butchered by the Republicans and you'd probably have better coverage for cheaper.

Also happy to see Keystone approved, that was always an unscientific decision by Obama.

And I'm sorry I insulted you. That was wrong. Bad Fuzz.

Last edited by Fuzz; 03-24-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:45 PM   #6983
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Healthcare is expensive, so expensive, complex and essential to life in fact that it is immune to free market mechanisms.

A rich first world country like the US should view healthcare as it does the military, an essential service a country should provide its citizens.

What the hell is the point of being safe from the almost non existent threat of ISIS if it means you are left to die of prostate cancer?
This is all fair to say but does nothing for what we currently have and that is Obamacare. Obamacare kills the middle class. Its nice to speculate on how bad AHCA would be but its sure hard to imagine it could be any worse that what we currently have.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:50 PM   #6984
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is all fair to say but does nothing for what we currently have and that is Obamacare. Obamacare kills the middle class. Its nice to speculate on how bad AHCA would be but its sure hard to imagine it could be any worse that what we currently have.
It's not Obamacare anymore. It's the ACA that Donald Trump and Paul Ryan decided was better than the bag of crap they proposed.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #6985
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha remember this guy? Still as awesome as ever

Old 03-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #6986
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
It's not Obamacare anymore. It's the ACA that Donald Trump and Paul Ryan decided was better than the bag of crap they proposed.
Call it what you want. Its terrible.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:53 PM   #6987
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hahahahah, as opposed to the AHCA which would literally kill the middle class?
Old 03-24-2017, 05:56 PM   #6988
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

I've gotta tell you, I am positively gleeful about going to work tomorrow. We have some of our most hard-core right wing Republican clients coming into the salon for their Saturday appointments and it's going to be an absolute gong show while they freak out about this.

Really though, this bill, had it passed the House, was DOA in the Senate. To make it pass the House you had to cut everything out of it, and no Senator in a questionable district was going to be comfortable passing it.

I'll take my wins where I can get them right now, and this one feels really good. The nice thing about getting this out of the way earlier is that it shows the insurance industry that they're not really facing any real changes, so they have some stability to plan for 2018 and beyond.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:59 PM   #6989
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Hahahahah, as opposed to the AHCA which would literally kill the middle class?
Maybe we will never find out? I liked the idea of deregulation and shopping for insurance across state lines. A patient centric system makes sense to me. I would like to shop for health insurance like I shop for car insurance. Competition decreases cost.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:00 PM   #6990
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittynickname View Post
I've gotta tell you, I am positively gleeful about going to work tomorrow. We have some of our most hard-core right wing Republican clients coming into the salon for their Saturday appointments and it's going to be an absolute gong show while they freak out about this.

Really though, this bill, had it passed the House, was DOA in the Senate. To make it pass the House you had to cut everything out of it, and no Senator in a questionable district was going to be comfortable passing it.

I'll take my wins where I can get them right now, and this one feels really good. The nice thing about getting this out of the way earlier is that it shows the insurance industry that they're not really facing any real changes, so they have some stability to plan for 2018 and beyond.
How is Obamacare working for you?
Old 03-24-2017, 06:03 PM   #6991
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

TFF keeps saying his rates went up by whatever-percent because of the ACA, and therefore it's awful. And then proceeds to ignore statistics suggesting costs have risen more slowly than before across the country and that more people are covered than ever before.

Last year I was unemployed. According to me, Canada's unemployment rate was 100% last year. I don't care what StatsCan or anyone else says.
The Following User Says Thank You to AltaGuy For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
making snl great again , soviet murica? , trade wars , trumpcare = doa , utterly insane pressers