Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-23-2017, 09:51 AM   #1921
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

... But to max him out (if you are level 30+ or close anyway) you will be at least 50 more candies after evolve. Probably more like 80 more candy
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #1922
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

My Larvitar is already level 30 so I just need 83 candy and I'll have a 3100 Tyranitar. Haha.

Pokedex is 207!

And I usually go for 5-10 km a day as well, so sure! Race to the finish!
malcolmk14 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2017, 12:10 PM   #1923
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Forum.calgarypuck.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
My Larvitar is already level 30 so I just need 83 candy and I'll have a 3100 Tyranitar. Haha.

Pokedex is 207!

And I usually go for 5-10 km a day as well, so sure! Race to the finish!
Must have been the one you caught? Hatches are maxed at level 20, no? Evolve from hatch, without dust, will be about 2100CP I think.

Last edited by EldrickOnIce; 02-24-2017 at 12:12 PM.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:47 PM   #1924
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Forum.calgarypuck.com

Must have been the one you caught? Hatches are maxed at level 20, no? Evolve from hatch, without dust, will be about 2100CP I think.
Yep it's the one I caught.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:06 PM   #1925
iLoveLamp
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I just got back into the game last week after not having played it since last summer. I've been having a lot of fun with the Gen 2 mons! Currently at 128 caught/149 seen. Hatched a 93% IV Chansey a couple days ago, and my top is a 95% Kadabra, so that'll be good when I have enough candies to evolve into an Alakazam.

Any spots you guys frequent that have some good spawns?
iLoveLamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #1926
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am at 200 seen and 197 caught level 23. Got a Larvitar finally seems to be only IV 58% so not the best. Oh well, he is mine and I will keep him. Still not anywhere enough for a Blissey but got myself my first evolve item, a Dragon scale... and I'm only 10 candies off from a Kingdra so that's great. Sadly still 210 candies away from my Gyarados but otherwise I'm gen 1 complete.

Some of these are so rare it's ridiculous. I see more Snorlaxes than the rarer gen 2 stuff. As for spawns, I just check SlithRoad and scanners every so often, but with the migrations recently it's hard for people to report.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #1927
iLoveLamp
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Got an Aerodactyl today! Pretty crappy stats, but still exciting. And I've had my Rhydon in a gym for like 4 hours now, I think that's a new record for me.

What's a good scanner to use?
iLoveLamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #1928
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

What do people mean when they say they have an X% Pokemon? Where do you find that info?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #1929
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
What do people mean when they say they have an X% Pokemon? Where do you find that info?
Every pokemon has an Individual Value (IV) that is calculated from it's stats. These consist of Attack/Defense/Stamina representing the max damage/damage resistance/HP of the pokemon at that level respectively. Maximum value for each of these stats is 15 and the total points a catch can have is 45. A 100% would be 15/15/15. 15/13/15 = 42/45 = 93%

So a 93% one is better than a 50% one and this matters a bit in gym battles and upcoming PvP. This can be calculated using the Appraisal function on your each one.
https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator
https://rankedboost.com/pokemon-go/appraisal/
There used to be apps that would log into your account and read/populate a list for you too so you knew which ones you wanted to keep/discard but that is risky to use now.

Or some scanners will tell you but nowadays those are getting harder to find Pkmntracker is okay in Calgary, but sucks now you have to pay.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 04:53 PM   #1930
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Every pokemon has an Individual Value (IV) that is calculated from it's stats. These consist of Attack/Defense/Stamina representing the max damage/damage resistance/HP of the pokemon at that level respectively. Maximum value for each of these stats is 15 and the total points a catch can have is 45. A 100% would be 15/15/15. 15/13/15 = 42/45 = 93%

So a 93% one is better than a 50% one and this matters a bit in gym battles and upcoming PvP. This can be calculated using the Appraisal function on your each one.
https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator
https://rankedboost.com/pokemon-go/appraisal/
There used to be apps that would log into your account and read/populate a list for you too so you knew which ones you wanted to keep/discard but that is risky to use now.

Or some scanners will tell you but nowadays those are getting harder to find Pkmntracker is okay in Calgary, but sucks now you have to pay.
I think some of the scanner apps have been given Cease and deist orders. Poketracker is one of them for sure. Careful using 3rd party sites and apps.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:17 PM   #1931
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

69 km into walking my Kabuto. Ran into a low CP Kabuto today, and by habit, threw a ball before giving a pinap berry. That would have saved 15 km of walking!

Caught 188, seen 198.

I think the 1946 CP granbull is the highest CP Pokemon I've ever caught.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:47 AM   #1932
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stuck at 208 on the Pokedex right now. Need to get out and collect some candy and some evolve items.

First stage ones I'm missing are Mareep, Sunkern, Unown, Stantler, Hitmontop, Magby, and Miltank. Everything else I can walk to get enough candy to evolve.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:26 AM   #1933
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Stuck at 208 on the Pokedex right now. Need to get out and collect some candy and some evolve items.

First stage ones I'm missing are Mareep, Sunkern, Unown, Stantler, Hitmontop, Magby, and Miltank. Everything else I can walk to get enough candy to evolve.
Mareeps are stupid rare but managed to catch one in Calgary, same with the Sunkern and Stantler. I don't think we can get Hitmontop in around here can we? It's a desert spawn and there don't seem to be any around here. I'm at 202 myself and am missing a lot still.

Did you manage to find Girafarig, Tyrogue, Delibird any the like? I have not ever seen those anywhere close by. I know Corsola and Heracross is a regional exclusive but not sure about those rest. I'm assuming everything after Blissey is legendary unreleased minus the Larvitar line of course.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:50 AM   #1934
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I caught Hitmontop at Market Mall.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2017, 09:30 AM   #1935
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Mareeps are stupid rare but managed to catch one in Calgary, same with the Sunkern and Stantler. I don't think we can get Hitmontop in around here can we? It's a desert spawn and there don't seem to be any around here. I'm at 202 myself and am missing a lot still.

Did you manage to find Girafarig, Tyrogue, Delibird any the like? I have not ever seen those anywhere close by. I know Corsola and Heracross is a regional exclusive but not sure about those rest. I'm assuming everything after Blissey is legendary unreleased minus the Larvitar line of course.
I've heard of people catching Hitmontop, and troutman's post above confirms that... Tyrogue hatches out of 5km eggs and if you hatch one with HP as it's best stat, it'll evolve into Hitmontop.

I caught a bunch of Girafarig at Sien Lok Park the first week of Gen 2 being out. Delibird isn't in the game yet. Corsola and Heracross are regional and yes, everything after Blissey is legendary.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:31 AM   #1936
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I got a Tyrogue from a 5k egg a couple of days ago.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2017, 12:28 PM   #1937
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Pokemon Go for me
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2017, 01:01 PM   #1938
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Pokemon Go for me
I am so sick of Swinubs as well... If they could be ground up into bacon candies that either leveled up my trainer or my other pokemon that would be great.

So apparently there is a way to get more eggs to hatch. If you are driving around short distances a lot for commutes or taking the train a lot you can get this distance added to your "walked".

So the method goes:
-Turn on Pogo and let it get a location
-Minimize it by going back to the home screen
-Travel how you want
-Wait a period of time
-Bring pogo back up and the distance is added back into your "walked" + egg hatch.

Based on the the SilphRoad there are two caveats. This method only where the total distance traveled is less than how much you can travel in 10.5km/hr in 10 minutes.

Say you are on the train travelling between stations at 60km/hr for a stop 1.5km away and it takes 2 minutes. If you start pogo before you leave, minimize it when you get on the train, then open it back up 10 minutes after you get off, you'll get the 1.5km on your walk. Helps to ground out a few extra eggs here or there.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:08 PM   #1939
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Swinubs are annoying, but Piloswine comes out of the box quite strong. Evolved one at 1637 CP.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:20 PM   #1940
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Swinubs are annoying, but Piloswine comes out of the box quite strong. Evolved one at 1637 CP.
Yeah I have an 1850 Piloswine that I use to power up gyms against my 3051 Dragonite.