Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-17-2016, 08:09 PM   #241
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

What was the point of that episode? Serious question. Any information the group gained is nullified, either through pure common sense or plot contradictions.

Everyone on the west coast infected? Duh. And they aren't headed to San Diego anyway. Apparently, Strand is up to something in Mexico. That's literally the only interesting thing of the whole episode, and it could have been revealed somewhere amidst 42 minutes of meaningful story.

That opening scene was pretty awesome, though. That imagery is everything the Walking Dead is all about.

I'm one of the few still holding out hope for the potential of this show, but it's fading.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:27 PM   #242
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I am debating whether or not to continue watching this series. Really dull and frustrating watching a cast I have no care or interest in.

If tonights episode doesnt pick up, I think I am done.
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greyshep For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2016, 08:34 AM   #243
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another character development episode, we got some decent information here about all of the napalming happening, Strand has plans for Mexico and is talking to someone. The Dad character really sucks, he's too vanilla for the role. The junkie son is the only compelling character of that group. Blades is still interesting.

Hopefully, the plane crash scene invigorates this a little.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:24 AM   #244
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post
I am debating whether or not to continue watching this series. Really dull and frustrating watching a cast I have no care or interest in.

Yeah, I am really struggling as well.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:38 AM   #245
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post

Well its been re-upped for another season, so here is my prediction: In the season finale or close to it a whole other group of people is going to show up and slaughter this entire group of uninteresting people and then we'll start following them instead.

It might be the only time a show could just continue after turning over 100% of its original cast.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #246
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not the worst episode, but I’m wondering when we’ll actually get to see the ‘best’ episode? I can’t even think of what the best episode of this series was. Maybe when they were in the city trying to get out? I honestly don’t even really remember it. Anyway:

- What was the point of that scene with the daughter (still don’t know her name) walking around with her headphones in, drawing that symbol on the bird watching sign in sheet?
- With a tiny bit of coaxing and no real evidence whatsoever, the family agrees to just take a couple of kids away from their family? On to a boat with really limited supplies? And they figure that’s just going to be okay?
- The family on the island had potential to be decent, the Dad really had potential to be a creepy character but they rushed it and now that opportunity is gone (presumably). Except for the older son, I thought him and his brooding stares were hilarious.
- I would take Enid from TWD at her absolute worst before I would take any of these angsty, annoying teenagers. Travis’ son is the worst character I’ve seen in any show in a while.

There were some interesting aspects though. As someone already mentioned, that opening scene was stunning and really well done. I’m also intrigued by the mystery boat that’s following/chasing them. That being said, it looks like the next episode is them getting back on land, so I wonder if we’re even going to see resolution to that, or if it’ll just be super rushed. I actually like Nick’s character. He’s finally showing some development and I think he’s endearing. I also like Strand, and his mystery business. It seems like he’s on his way to Mexico next, and I’m wondering if Salzar (sp?) knows what kind of business the guy is into.

I’ll keep watching, the show has huge potential.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #247
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wouldn't it be ironic if Strand was taking these guys on a boat to be sold into slavery?
Stud_McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stud_McCool For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2016, 03:26 PM   #248
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just me....but if I was part of that group, my plan would be to kill Strand and stay at that island. Best of both worlds.
- Did I hear someone say the island has power?
- Keep that boat in the harbour as a getaway option or at minimum, use it for it's water plant
- They show off in the distance what appeared to be a pretty good sized summer town? Think I also hear an estimate of 200 people caught there? Probably plenty of supplies kicking around and not a ton of zombies to take out.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:35 PM   #249
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Or even let Strand go off on his own. I mean really, what else are you doing on the boat? Looking for somewhere safe- it seems you've found it. Somewhere safe that somebody has already prepped for an end of the world scenario.

The only thing I can see is if they are not aware of how global the virus is. However given that everything west of Denver is completely gone, and how fast they saw the virus devastate LA, it would be a safe assumption that everything else is gone.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #250
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_McCool View Post
Wouldn't it be ironic if Strand was taking these guys on a boat to be sold into slavery?
Oh I like this idea.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2016, 08:26 PM   #251
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, better than the last episode. Would have been a better end to have Abigail go off, then the father walk down, also zombie. The son then shoots him too, loads up a boat with supplies and chases Abigail....or we could just have a pointless episode meeting new characters and then abandoning them...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:11 AM   #252
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will keep watching for now, but this show is not being done well. So much potential
Old 04-19-2016, 09:23 AM   #253
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Well, better than the last episode. Would have been a better end to have Abigail go off, then the father walk down, also zombie. The son then shoots him too, loads up a boat with supplies and chases Abigail....or we could just have a pointless episode meeting new characters and then abandoning them...
I wonder if the older son becomes this show's Morgan?

Quote:
Old 04-19-2016, 12:06 PM   #254
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm trying to figure out how Strand plays into this whole thing. It's the only interesting storyline, the rest is just family drama happening amidst a crisis.

Any criminal angle, drugs, weapons, etc, doesn't make any sense as the world is in an apocalypse. I don't think he's in any position to have some great secret as to why this all happened and I don't know that the show would go that direction anyway.

So what's the point of heading to Mexico, is it just a safe haven? why the secrecy? What bartering chip do the rest of the survivors become for him?

Just some random thoughts I have.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:45 PM   #255
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The writers were given a decent TV budget, great source material in a Zombie apocalypse in LA, lots of from goodwill from fans of the TWD, and it's really surprising this is the best they could do with it.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:30 PM   #256
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
I'm trying to figure out how Strand plays into this whole thing. It's the only interesting storyline, the rest is just family drama happening amidst a crisis.

Any criminal angle, drugs, weapons, etc, doesn't make any sense as the world is in an apocalypse. I don't think he's in any position to have some great secret as to why this all happened and I don't know that the show would go that direction anyway.

So what's the point of heading to Mexico, is it just a safe haven? why the secrecy? What bartering chip do the rest of the survivors become for him?

Just some random thoughts I have.
I agree he's the most interesting character for sure.

I think he's taking the boat to someone in Mexico, it's not his boat, even though he keep saying it is. I think he works for the Cartel and they have his family.

I am just wondering what he's going to do with the group...get them to fight for him...use them in trade...kill the men and trade the women.

He was tormenting Doug in the cage the first time we seen him. Telling him what kind of man leaves his family in the "care" of strangers. And that his wife will do well because of her body.

He makes the show worth watching just because I am interested in where this is going.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #257
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's been awful so far. I don't like a single character. Travis is a wimp, his GF can't act at all. The kids are all idiots. The Latin father-daughter combo is somewhat intriguing but they don't get much screen time at all.

Who is supposed to the Rick of this group? no one has that potential. Maybe I'm spoiled and have seen multiple seasons of zombie killing, dominant character, evil outside crews coming after them etc. What can they really do with this show?

Would anyone care if any of the characters are killed off? Doubt it.

Also is it me or they're turning super fast in this show? the little girl took a pill, died and turned really quickly. The mom turned in few minutes.

I'll watch it but don't think it's going to survive.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:18 PM   #258
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
The writers were given a decent TV budget, great source material in a Zombie apocalypse in LA, lots of from goodwill from fans of the TWD, and it's really surprising this is the best they could do with it.
It's actually not that surprising IMO. TWD is at its best when it follows the source material closely. When it veers off the beaten path it has been pretty mediocre as far as I'm concerned. Characters they've created have mostly been weak or one dimensional (Beth, Daryl, Enid, Denise, hospital characters, wolves). The storylines they've created leave something to be desired as well (Hospital, Terminus, wolves, extended prison/Govenor stuff not in comic).

If AMC tried to create it's own zombie show instead of using the established universe of TWD, I have no doubt it would've been a spectacular failure.

Last edited by Fire of the Phoenix; 04-19-2016 at 09:23 PM.
Fire of the Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:10 AM   #259
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

I went to bed early sunday and didnt even bother taping it
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2016, 08:26 AM   #260
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I thought it was kind of interesting that the mini-series they were doing on the plane is going to collide with this show. 'Kind of' interesting.

But I agree with most on here that other than Strand and the older fellow these characters are lame. Lets start seeing some characters die off asap.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote