Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 06:19 PM   #761
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
Eller isn't an upgrade on Backlund, they're the same age, and they play the same position. Not sure why we would do that unless we were getting something valuable back with Eller.
Agreed. Just listing players that I had some interest in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2016, 06:20 PM   #762
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

The Subban rumors make sense now!
Old 02-22-2016, 06:22 PM   #763
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

backlund and shinkuruk for gally would be sick! (doubt it happens)
how would u guys feel for flipping shinkuruk+ for drouin or would u rather keep shinkuruk?
Old 02-22-2016, 06:33 PM   #764
prizefighterinferno
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Doubt they flip Shinkaruk immediately, although if the rumour regarding Backlund and Montreal has any sort of legs, could see Backlund + Poirier for Galchenyuk + 3rd (or something to that effect) being floated from one side or the other.

Love Backlund more than most, but if you have the chance to get 4 years younger in the deal and a guy who still has high-end breakout potential, it would be worth a long hard look IMO.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Laine (dream scenario)
Galchenyuk-Bennett-Frolik
Old 02-22-2016, 06:35 PM   #765
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not that I think Backlund + Shinkaruk is realistic for Drouin or Galchenyuk, but I would definitely much rather have Galchenyuk FWIW.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2016, 06:48 PM   #766
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschick88 View Post
According to Sportsnet, Habs potentially looking at Backlund.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/e...ing-canadiens/
I cant see how a deadline deal is needed. Both teams are completely out of the playoff picture. Backlund makes sense for Montreal due to the long contract, but not much makes sense for Calgary to make that deal. Not anything that Montreal would part with anyways
Old 02-22-2016, 06:52 PM   #767
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Galchenyuk is the only player I would have interest in (knowing Subban and Price are untouchable).

If the Flames could get him by trading Backlund and Porier that would be a solid move. He has size and would fit in with our core forwards. If the Habs want more than that (I suspect they might) then I have no interest
Old 02-22-2016, 06:57 PM   #768
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Galchenyuk is the only player I would have interest in (knowing Subban and Price are untouchable).

If the Flames could get him by trading Backlund and Porier that would be a solid move. He has size and would fit in with our core forwards. If the Habs want more than that (I suspect they might) then I have no interest
I would be okay throwing in a 3rd-7th rounder if that was all it took to tip the scales.
I don't see why Montreal would do that though, as it doesn't really seem like a necessary move for the Habs.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:57 PM   #769
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure it makes much sense for the Flames to deal Backlund right after dealing Granlund.

Unless they feel Monahan/Bennett/Stajan/AHL Callup can hold down the fort and then by the time Stajan is done they'll have guys ready to take over the depth center roles.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:59 PM   #770
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
He also said those 2 2nds might have been the picks San Jose just sent over for Polak.
Any chance the flames could get in on Gudas? I've loved that guys play since he came into the league.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #771
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
Any chance the flames could get in on Gudas? I've loved that guys play since he came into the league.
So cheap and awful
Old 02-22-2016, 07:11 PM   #772
JJ1532
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
You aren't serious are you? He's been making bad hits all season, been fortunate to avoid a suspension by now. The guy's a dirtbag. Why would you want that on this team, we already have one goon in Wideman. We don't need another.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:18 PM   #773
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

We don't really have anyone who hits a lot and is tough. I want someone who other teams hate, I want someone who's going to make guys look over their shoulder all the time. The Flames are too soft, IMO he'd help fix that.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #774
RoughRiderRowdy
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
We don't really have anyone who hits a lot and is tough. I want someone who other teams hate, I want someone who's going to make guys look over their shoulder all the time. The Flames are too soft, IMO he'd help fix that.
Marchand isnt available.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #775
ScorchyScorch
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforcup View Post
how would u guys feel for flipping shinkuruk+ for drouin or would u rather keep shinkuruk?
And so it begins..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ScorchyScorch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #776
JJ1532
First Line Centre

Exp:

There are physical guys and then there are downright dirty guys. He is the latter by the looks of it. You don't want a guy that is a liability, someone who could do something stupid and potentially get himself suspended/ejected. How can his team mates now trust him?

There are plenty of big physical guys that don't come with this reckless streak. I fully agree that we need a guy that makes other teams forwards nervous and makes us tougher, but he just isn't the answer for me.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:48 PM   #777
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
I would be okay throwing in a 3rd-7th rounder if that was all it took to tip the scales.
I don't see why Montreal would do that though, as it doesn't really seem like a necessary move for the Habs.
I agree and could probably live with a 2nd as well (considering I think the Flames add multiple 2nd as the deadline)

For the Habs it gets them a French Canadian prospect who they were rumoured to have interest in as well as a centre in his prime signed for2 more years. There have been rumors Galchenyuk is not untouchable but they probably want a comparable player in return. They could go after Drouin opposed to the flames deal but Backlund is proven and can help now
Old 02-22-2016, 08:15 PM   #778
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforcup View Post
I'm against it, even if it's a realistic possibility.

1.) Shinkaruk's attitude issues don't really have a lot of basis. Drouin's is already extremely well-documented.

2.) We traded for a Calgarian kid who wanted to play for Calgary the whole time, after passing over him in the draft.. only to immediately flip him to the other side of the continent? After he can't stop smiling and his dear mom's crying with happiness? Doesn't look good on the organization, plus Flames have always valued family.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #779
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good read from Haynes (as always) on the Flames search for goaltending.
http://www.flamesfrom80feet.ca/2016/...an-part-2.html

On this list I'd really be happy with 1 of Hutchinson, Hellberg, Raanta, Andersen, Forsberg. And I think we get one of them. Jack Campbell's finding his groove again and might be a player to take a flyer on as well.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:46 PM   #780
iLoveLamp
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Gilbert out for the year. Russell's value goes up

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 3m3 minutes ago
MON announces Tom Gilbert out for the year. Knee surgery.
Closed Thread