Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2015, 12:32 PM   #1
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Bluetooth problem

So we’ve got a new hot tub installed last week and it has a fancy Bluetooth stereo. Problem is I have not yet been able to connect to it. My phone (iPhone 5) finds the stereo, and then prompts for a pass code, I entered 1234, 0000, 1111, but it kept saying ‘pairing unsuccessful. Make sure “PPGME60” is turned on, in range, and is ready to pair.’ Tried on my ipad, my girlfriends phone, and same results.

So I called the manufacturer and they sent me a ‘guide’, it said to use 60BT as a passcode, that too failed. Called the store I bought it at and the guy said use ‘5555’, which of course failed as well.

I’ve reset my phone, network settings, Bluetooth, tried everything I can think of.

Bluetooth is lame.

Anyone have any other ideas of how to get this thing connected?
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #2
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Try 9999 or if it'll accept no code?

If that fails, look up the hot tub model/manufacturer and see if someone has complained about bluetooth pairing and see if a resolution was posted?
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #3
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks I'll try 9999 when I get home.

I did search for the hot tub and manufacturer but couldn't find anyone having the same issue. The bluetooth stereo could be a new feature. I'm not sure.

It wont let me bypass the code either, I can only hit the Pair button when I've entered at least 4 digits.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #4
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, manufacturers have all sorts of crazy codes at times.

May I ask what manufacturer this hot tub is?
Old 08-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #5
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Its a Beachcomber. They sent me a sheet that said to enter 60BT. Which on my phone would have to be entered as 6028.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:35 PM   #6
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
Its a Beachcomber. They sent me a sheet that said to enter 60BT. Which on my phone would have to be entered as 6028.
First things first... I think you might be SOL. No luck looking up your manufacturer and bluetooth stuffs. So I did extra digging.

I don't think what you put in was correct. Changing the number to 6028 wouldn't work. I think it's actually 60BT.

Rants and successes/failures in putting numbers in PINs

I think the issue is that likely your phone is not allowing you to type in a letter as a "PIN" is supposed to be a number. Not alphanumeric. I think you have to figure out how to get your device to input letters in the pin, grab a different device that can, or... wait till your device has alpha capability in the PIN pairing/admit inability to use the blue tooth speaker.

This is completely assuming 60BT is correct. Which, let's be honest... might not be, and it is stupid to have letters in a PIN.

This is purely my guess. I have no idea if you can change the pin in the hot tub. However, if you're so inclined, maybe you can try to see if there's a way you can reasonably easily use some app to hack into the bluetooth and change it? (AT YOUR OWN RISK)

I almost believe it's better either to return the hot tub if you really want the bluetooth pairing, or complain to the company and try and get a discount on the hot tub for their stupid blue tooth pairing set up that renders the speaker nearly useless due to it not adhering to common accepted PINs.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:28 PM   #7
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So my iPad is able to enter both letters and numbers, that still didn't work.

Called every SML Entertainment in Calgary, one in Edmonton, and then finally a beachcomber dealer in Edmonton. Guy I spoke to at the dealership was confident that it's 6000. He said beachcomber changed it without updating the manual.

So I'll try tonight, if that doesn't work they can come fix it.

Fingers crossed!
Old 08-07-2015, 12:18 PM   #8
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did 6000 work?
Old 08-07-2015, 02:28 PM   #9
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Did 6000 work?
This man asks the important questions. Was a party had in the tub?
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:15 PM   #10
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

6000 did indeed work, I was surprised.

If you consider 3 kids and us parents in the tub a 'party', then yes, a mighty party was had.
The Following User Says Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post: