Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #21
It's a great day 4 hockey
Backup Goalie

Exp:

We gave them a "Killer" opportunity. Still no good.

If you gave people in Toronto an ultimatum to either move to Ft. McMurray or Edmonton most would choose Edmonton. If you gave people in Edmonton an ultimatum to move to Ft. McMurray or Toronto most would choose Ft. McMurray.

I'll tee it up for somebody.... Rob Ford.

Last edited by It's a great day 4 hockey; 06-07-2014 at 06:24 PM.
It's a great day 4 hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #22
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
We should trade for Reimer.

saXon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #23
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #24
Monahan23
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Monahan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Monahan23 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #25
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXon View Post
We should trade for Reimer.
Be careful what you wish for... then again how good can you expect him to be when Neon is their top defenseman?

Leaf nation thought they were playing pin the tail on donkey with the Neon trade when the game was actually hot potato.

Toronto is that no good.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #26
HOWITZER
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Thread - Toronto Is No Good

HOWITZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #27
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I approve of this thread
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #28
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

You can tell the off season is near.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #29
BigTuna
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's a great day 4 hockey View Post
My first thread. I did an advanced search to see if this thread already exists. To my surprise it did not show up.

The last time the leafs won the cup (aka their last Stanley Cup Finals appearance) was 1967. People can not truly understand how bad this is (similar to comprehending how big the universe is).

To help in gaining a little perspective on how long ago this is here are a few facts about 1967:

- the number one song on the US billboard pop charts on May 2, 1967 (the day the leafs last won the cup) was "Somethin' Stupid" by Frank and Nancy Sinatra.

- according to Toronto MLS the average home in Toronto sold for $24,078.

- mankind had not walked on the moon.

- the Original Six went by a different name... The NHL!

I look forward to hearing the endless examples from decades of Toronto being no good.
You can buy a parking spot for that. Maybe...

Last edited by BigTuna; 06-08-2014 at 07:46 PM.
BigTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #30
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 06-08-2014, 08:13 PM   #31
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
You misunderstood the post.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #32
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Icon48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
A parking stall for a Austin Mini...

Something a had blocked out of my memory till I got thinking about how no good Toronto really is;

The Leafs inviting Justin Bieber to skate with them at a practice in 2009. There is a picture on the Web of Bieber and Neon at that practice that was the turning point of being at complete peace with him leaving Calgary. Not to be outdone is Jake Gardiner coming out to the media stating he is a fan Justin Bieber after that practice.

I would have put these up in the thread but I guess I'm too new for that still ( I'm not allowed to put up attachments yet). If someone feels up to the dirty deed please do.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #33
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Still way overpriced, look at how many are there!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:23 AM   #34
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol, was $25... Yeah, Toronto is no good. Still my favorite acronym:

Losers
Even
After
Forty-Seven
Seasons

Last edited by ForeverFlameFan; 06-09-2014 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Forgot to add another fail year to the total!
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #35
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

this thread is uber-warranted given how nonis handled this past offseason. That clarkson contract may be one of the most laughable things out there.

I am very curious on how a guy who was bashed in vancouver for being way to gun-shy to make trades to improve the team handles this offseason.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:48 PM   #36
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

An oldie, but still applicable:

Mind you, the Leafs have made being no good into an art form. They make piles of money off their hopeless team year after year. Then, just when the fans seem restless enough to stop paying, they mortgage their future for a couple of years of playoff runs that always fall short, after which they can go back to being hopeless for another rebuild. It's a brilliant scam.

The Oilers, on the other hand, are so no good, they are not even good at making good by being no good.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #37
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My favorite leafs pic was the choking hazard pic. But this is pretty funny too.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #38
BigTuna
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
You misunderstood the post.
My post was sarcasm.
BigTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #39
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old, but relevant to the topic.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #40
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

had to resurrect this thread....

story just came out here on the toronto star, that i'm sure is just going to take this city by storm, especially after last week's lewiske's comments about the leafs where he said:

“there are players we have in our organization today whose numbers are off the chart good and whose character is just terrible. I don’t care how good your numbers are, if you have bad character, you are doomed for failure."

the last week toronto has been isolating that comment directly on the shoulders of phil kessel (seeing as he is the only guy on the leafs with any kind of stats that could be looked at as positive).

now this comes out... basically the newly hired assistant coach decided to discuss initial disagreements with kessel about team strategy (ideas around break out plays) at some minor league coaching clinic. good old toronto media round up 3 coaches that attended, interviewed them and then put this article out...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...y_feschuk.html
Quote:
“Spotter said that when he went to Phil (with the breakout play), Phil said, I’m not doing it,” said one of the attendees, a former professional player.

Said another: “Spott was saying (that) these are the things I’ve got to deal with now that I’ve never had to deal with. In the AHL (where Spott coached last season with the Toronto Marlies), when you’re the coach what you say goes. Whereas now that I’m here (in the NHL), I’ve got a guy telling me: No. I’m not going to do that.”
Quote:
“Spott said Carlyle’s attitude was that we’re fired before (Kessel is) out of here, the hierarchy doesn’t want to deal with Phil. He scores 30 (goals) a year and that’s all they want,” said one of the attendees. “(Spott said) Phil hates coaches. He hates Randy. He hates me and I don’t even know him yet.”

One of the minor-hockey coaches who was in attendance said Spott spoke of Kessel’s alleged hatred of coaches with his “tongue in cheek.” Another said he was “shocked” at Spott’s candour. Indeed, given the club’s historic bent toward secrecy, the clinic amounted to a rare window into the inner workings of the Leafs
Quote:
Spott was complimentary of Kessel, telling his audience that the winger is one of the smartest hockey minds he’s worked with. Spott also marvelled at how Kessel — who Spott estimated during the lecture is “15 pounds overweight” — remains an explosive speedster.

The Leafs assistant shared other tidbits. He told the clinic that the team’s search for better defensive play will see them strongly discourage defencemen from making high-risk keep-in plays at the opposing blue line — pinching, in the parlance. Spott said that Toronto’s defencemen will be instructed to “never trust a forward” to backcheck or cover.
Quote:
As for the breakout play, Spott said in his presentation that he and Kessel ultimately reached a compromise. According to attendees, Spott explained his original strategy like so. With the Leafs moving the puck out of their zone up the left boards, the scheme called for Kessel, the right winger, to speed across the blue line toward the left wing — thus pushing back the opposing defenceman who, in previous seasons, has too often stymied the Toronto breakout by keeping the puck in. Spott told the clinic that Kessel didn’t like the idea; the player prefers the strategy of staying closer to the right wing awaiting the kind of cross-ice pass that would put him in a foot race with the opposing team’s left defenceman.

“(Kessel) originally said no, and then he said he’d meet Spott halfway and come to the middle, but that he wouldn’t go all the way across like Spott originally wanted. But it’s Phil’s show,” said one of the minor-hockey coaches who was in attendance.
there's just soo much stupid here in my opinion. is this coach really not ready for the big time, sure seems like he doesn't have the sense to keep dressing room stuff of the big club, inside the dressing room. if he really didn't think the media in toronto would be all over this, then he's not smart enough to work in this market.

that alone leaves me siding with kessel, his idea was probably crap.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:

Tags
kessel's fat face , toronto is no good