Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Post Microphone Search

I've been looking for a new microphone to use with my computer for some time. I strongly dislike headphones, don't really want a desktop mic, and I want to switch over to using a USB mic because I've been having issues with my motherboard's built-in sound.

With these criteria in mind, I've come to the conclusion that I'm looking for a USB lapel microphone, USB lavalier microphone, or USB headworn microphone. The problem is that my searching so far has not turned up a single product like this anywhere on the internet. Is there some reason that none of those would exist? Can anyone help me find one? I'd be very grateful for any help. I'm getting frustrated with this because it makes sense to me that someone somewhere would make a suitable product for me, but so far I've been completely stymied.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
billybob123
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Would something like this help?

They're everywhere on ebay, including the reverse (female end on the 3.5 mm stereo plug).
billybob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks for the idea. It certainly looks like a decent option. I wonder if there's any disadvantage to using an adapter like that.

I also stumbled across this (http://www.revolabs.com/products_wm/xtag.htm) which looks super cool. The only concerns I have with it are the battery life and the price.

I may pick up one of those Logitech things while I keep looking for a better mic than what I'm using.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Back when I was trying to figure out recording video for youtube I picked up one of these as a backup plan...

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=62...nufacture=ASUS

Unfortunately I haven't tested it with a microphone. I can sure vouch for the sound quality though - I use it with my laptop at work, and like most laptops the sound output is underwhelming. The built-in amplifier on this device makes a HUGE difference.

Probably a few bucks more than the Logitech device, but if you also plan to use the headphone jack totally worth it IMHO.
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote