Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #1861
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

New record for cheapest flight ever from Calgary to Hawaii? - $389 roundtrip after tax

and

15% off any Air Canada flight

I just posted an Air Canada promo code that gives 15% off any Tango or Tango Plus flight.

For the promo code to be *really* useful, it needs to be used on a route where Air Canada is already the cheapest (No point in getting 15% off on a flight that's 20% more expensive).

Knowing that Westjet has been heavily discounting their June flights to Hawaii (as I reported last week), that's where I turned my attention (Westjet and Air Canada love to match others fares).

So, I tried the promo code at http://www.AirCanada.com on a June 16 to June 23 flight from Calgary to Honolulu, Hawaii. (The promo code is CN7JV791 )

That brought the already very cheap Hawaii flight down to what has to be a record bottom price, $389 roundtrip after all taxes and fees.

screenshot:

Surf's up!

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #1862
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Looking for a cheap hotel in Vegas July 21-24, any recommendations on where to look? I'm going in a group, and everyone seems to be staying at the Wynn or TI, so I'm looking for something close.

Thanks in advance!
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #1863
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

cmyden, my family and i are looking to travel to Orlando in December (cruising on the 11th to the 18th). Would like to get there around the 7/8th and leave on the 19th or afternoon of the 18th.

Anything you can find. I have buddy passes for Westjet but not sure if I want to chance using them for a dated trip with the full family. (Although we are pretty flexible prior to the cruise date and a little bit afterwards)

Also,right now traveling to Spokane and flying is about a grand cheaper overall but rather not do that with the entire family.

Last edited by csnarpy; 05-17-2011 at 03:11 PM.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #1864
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Looking for a cheap hotel in Vegas July 21-24, any recommendations on where to look? I'm going in a group, and everyone seems to be staying at the Wynn or TI, so I'm looking for something close.

Thanks in advance!
Westjet offering those at 765/pp (based on double occupancy)

If you drive 4-5 hrs south to Great falls, then this is what you get. (again, based on double occupancy)

Last edited by csnarpy; 05-17-2011 at 03:28 PM.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #1865
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

There's just been a massive price drop on flights out of U.S. airports on Delta to Tokyo's HND airport.

Great Falls to Tokyo is down to $590 roundtrip after tax!

Try June/July dates.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax

Last edited by cmyden; 05-17-2011 at 07:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #1866
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This is the cheapest flights to Halifax have been in years - $326 roundtrip after tax!

Check out Air Canada right now for flights from Calgary to Halifax in June, July, August and even all the way up to the end of November.

But that's not all, use the Air Canada promo code that's out right now to bring down the flights another 15%. (Code is expiring at midnight tonight)

1. http://www.aircanada.com

2. Use promo code CN7JV791

3. Search for Calgary to Halifax. Look for the fares that are $98 each way before tax. Crazy!

This is about 50% of what fares to Halifax have been running at for the past few years! If you have a trip planned for the Maritimes this year, trust me, book it now.

screenshot:

Old 05-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #1867
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

cmyden,

What's the best rate to Vegas June 24 - 26 return out of calgary? I'm way late booking and basically everything now is mega expensive.

It looks to me like booking a package with flight might be the better option as that can be had for $800. Some return flights alone are in the 800 range.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #1868
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
This is the cheapest flights to Halifax have been in years - $326 roundtrip after tax!

Check out Air Canada right now for flights from Calgary to Halifax in June, July, August and even all the way up to the end of November.

But that's not all, use the Air Canada promo code that's out right now to bring down the flights another 15%. (Code is expiring at midnight tonight)

1. http://www.aircanada.com

2. Use promo code CN7JV791

3. Search for Calgary to Halifax. Look for the fares that are $98 each way before tax. Crazy!

This is about 50% of what fares to Halifax have been running at for the past few years! If you have a trip planned for the Maritimes this year, trust me, book it now.

screenshot:

Update: reverse route looks to be available for $20 more, if anyone has family out East, this is an incredible deal.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #1869
tete
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Damn, what are the chances WestJet follows suit with a similar price? That's amazing!
tete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #1870
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tete View Post
Damn, what are the chances WestJet follows suit with a similar price? That's amazing!
Hard to say, from what I can tell it's just this one specific route and it's not advertised anywhere. It could just be a freak price drop from Air Canada like those ones to Mexico City. But Westjet does tend to try and match AC to a tee.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #1871
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

There's some more cheap flights to Glasgow, Scotland in June. Try June 8 or 15 to June 22 on Air Transat's site. $668 roundtrip after tax.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #1872
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Has the deal to Halifax been taken down? The cheapest I can find in July is $314 each way, would have to travel between July 18 - August 4
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #1873
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
Has the deal to Halifax been taken down? The cheapest I can find in July is $314 each way, would have to travel between July 18 - August 4
Unfortunately they raised the fares back up around midnight last night.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #1874
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

damnit
Old 05-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #1875
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
damnit
http://yycdeals.com/alerts

^^ For anyone that wants to be the first to know. It's rare for a great deal to last even 24 hours these days.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #1876
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Last minute May long weekend idea? There's a flight to Chicago for $334 after tax.

If anyone's looking for a last minute May long weekend idea, there's a flight on American Airlines to Chicago for $334 roundtrip after tax.

Try May 21-24 over at AA.com

screenshot:

If you've ever read my article 'Should I buy my flight now or wait?' you know that last minute flights to most destinations are very expensive.

These cheap ones from AA to Chicago do appear every now and then, and they are a *very* rare exception to the rule. They're almost always Saturday to Tuesday flights, and usually pop up the week of departure. Sometimes they show up on United as well.

Hope someone can use it, and enjoy your long weekend, wherever you are!

Old 05-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #1877
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
http://yycdeals.com/alerts

^^ For anyone that wants to be the first to know. It's rare for a great deal to last even 24 hours these days.

Done deal! I meant to do this a long time ago. Too bad or I wouldn;t have missed out on a cheap flight home
Old 05-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #1878
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Calgary to Charlottetown, PEI - $401 roundtrip after tax

It's not quite as exciting as Air Canada's highly unusual price drop to Halifax yesterday, but it looks like they've significantly dropped some of their June fares from YYC to YYG today.

Try June 18 to 25 for example on AirCanada.com and this is what you'll see:

Unfortunately there's no longer a 15% off promo code to bring it down any further. But considering that fares to PEI usually hover around $700ish these days, it's already a true 40% discount.

Also similar to yesterday, the reverse route is available for the same price, so if you have friends/family in PEI that want to come out west, let 'em know.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #1879
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

June flights to London, UK have dropped to $569 roundtrip after tax

Air Transat just significantly dropped some of their June flights.

Try June 4th or 9th to June 16th on www.airtransat.ca

screenshot:

Use it as a cheap way to get wherever you need to go in Europe.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #1880
Knalus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
June flights to London, UK have dropped to $569 roundtrip after tax

Air Transat just significantly dropped some of their June flights.

Try June 4th or 9th to June 16th on www.airtransat.ca

screenshot:

Use it as a cheap way to get wherever you need to go in Europe.

What's the chance I'll see something like this for July? Zero? Seems like there's more really low fares around in the last few months than normal.
Knalus is offline   Reply With Quote