Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #301
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So is there a final ranking for all of us in the pool?
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #302
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only problem I have with using the fans to determine the winner is the fact that the show is heavily heavily edited for TV. Sandra could have done so much more and more involved with the plotting but it could have been edited out because it wasn't as dramatic as something else. I'm not saying she deserved to win, but Russell is a huge dick and a huge component of the game is making sure at the end of the day people will vote for you to win, something he fails to understand
Old 05-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #303
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
I actually think the best change they could make would be to separate the jury, I looked at the votes and their was a heroes voting bloc for Sandra which they could have set up when they got sequestered together

they shouldn't be able to share information like that, they should be separated until after the final tribal council (outside of going to watch all the other tribals)
I thought it'd been previously said that the jury never gets together at all...only to quietly watch tribal councils. If not, they definitely should enforce that rule.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #304
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnin_vernon View Post
I thought it'd been previously said that the jury never gets together at all...only to quietly watch tribal councils. If not, they definitely should enforce that rule.
They posted a video on the survivor website of what happens at the Ponderosa where the jury members live. And they were discussing the game and playing their own game while they were staying there.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 05-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #305
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goon View Post
So is there a final ranking for all of us in the pool?
Yes, Cheese and CanadiaCactus won and everyone else lost.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #306
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnin_vernon View Post

You can watch a bunch of extra videos including a series called "Life at Ponderosa" at the Survivor home page.

Basically they just show extra scenes and what happens following being voted off. They all live in this village of huts with an open bar and personal chef, video games, movies, beach, kayaks etc.. and just hang out all day eating drinking and socializing.

This season they actually formed a band called the Dragons and made a music video.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #307
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Russells biggest mistake was episoide 9 where they booted Courtney instead of Sandra. Courtney was not going to win.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:49 AM   #308
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did anything interesting happen or was said on the Early Show yesterday when the three finalists were on it?
Old 05-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #309
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
Did anything interesting happen or was said on the Early Show yesterday when the three finalists were on it?
No, it was an uneventful 5 minute segment where nothing new was said. None of them looked like they wanted to be there.

Here are Probst's final thoughts on the season.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/18/je...llains-finale/

Last edited by burnin_vernon; 05-18-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #310
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I like Probst. He is a unique host, he has a great attitude out there.

I think his job is a bit tougher than it appears on the show.

We need a Canadian version of Survivor, lots of other countries have it, some even smaller than us.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #311
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks for linking to Probst's blog. It's an interesting read. One thing that somebody pointed out in the comments to it: Heroes vs. Villains was filmed before the previous season (Samoa) was broadcast. This means that Russell didn't know that he lost the jury vote from Samoa when he was playing this season and thus couldn't adjust his strategy to account for that. Instead he went out there and played the same way knowing that it had got him to the final three in Samoa. I'm curious if he would have made some adjustments if he knew that he had lost the Samoa vote.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #312
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Colby seemed pissed about the dumbest survivor award on the reunion show.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:17 PM   #313
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal14 View Post
Thanks for linking to Probst's blog. It's an interesting read. One thing that somebody pointed out in the comments to it: Heroes vs. Villains was filmed before the previous season (Samoa) was broadcast. This means that Russell didn't know that he lost the jury vote from Samoa when he was playing this season and thus couldn't adjust his strategy to account for that. Instead he went out there and played the same way knowing that it had got him to the final three in Samoa. I'm curious if he would have made some adjustments if he knew that he had lost the Samoa vote.
ya every interview I saw with him he said he was 100% sure he was going to win Samoa coming in to HvV so he thought he could play that way

Too bad he can never play again (he would be voted out 1st 99.9999%) or he could come up with a new strategy to not piss off the jury so much
Old 05-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #314
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

This game needed more Rudy.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:41 AM   #315
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Interesting point about Russell not knowing the out come of Somoa going into HvV.. because he seemed very confident about Sandra not getting votes, about these "vets" honoring his ability to play the game.. then at the finale he just sat there like he absolutely knew he had zero chance of winning.

You could tell his statement was rehearsed and he was ready to unleash it.

On the flip side, had his season of Somoa aired before HV then he would have been voted out first and never even had a chance at making the final 3.

So it was a blessing and a curse.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:25 AM   #316
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Amazing how stupid the votes these last two season were, Russel last season was dominant and deserved to win, and again either he or Parvoti should have won this time around.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #317
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Russel needs to take a Dale Carnegie course in human relations and use it to address the jury. Tell everyone he's sorry and stop talking about himself. If he did that than the jury might look at his side and how he played the game. When you talk about yourself and don't admit to mistakes, it just adds to the disgust the people already had for you. Really most of these people are terrible at addressing the jury, whereas for Sandra that is the one thing she does well.

Tags
heroes , survivor pool , villains