Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #701
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/nhl

Just to link to the live web board that they have of things for nhl 10. Apparently only 2 clubs are on there (test clubs)

So easy checking of web stats for various teams yay! however it remains to be seen if they fixed the glitched scores that occurred sometimes, (eg losing 2-1203929392922) and for that matter, tracking of stats period.

Last edited by Cliche; 09-09-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cliche For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #702
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

^^that looks good!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #703
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.filefront.com/14500191/Nhl%2010%20Flames.rar

Alright so got my friend to host it, he said since its on filefront to do a virus scan once you download it.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #704
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
I think your misinterpreting what I'm saying, but I also implied something I didn't mean. Marquee players would stand out even more. Iginla, Ovechkin, Crosby would still be rated high, but allow defenders to get 90 ratings because it focuses more on there defensive ability and have less emphasis on offensive skills ability. Meanwhile utility players shouldn't be getting rated that high still, but have value to get more respectable ratings due to their role not being scoring primarly. So if a player is a good grinder with good faceoff ability, but crap for scoring, they can still be rated mid to high 70s.

FYI I should be getting the game tomorrow so if you have any questions pop them by.
I guess that means you will be able to play online and let everyone know if anything has been done about passing, etc.?

I want to know what phaneuf's overall rating is, and who the highest rated player is.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #705
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche View Post
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/nhl

Just to link to the live web board that they have of things for nhl 10. Apparently only 2 clubs are on there (test clubs)

So easy checking of web stats for various teams yay! however it remains to be seen if they fixed the glitched scores that occurred sometimes, (eg losing 2-1203929392922) and for that matter, tracking of stats period.
that is awesome! i know we tried real hard to keep the stats on the site, so this will be awesome to have.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #706
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
I guess that means you will be able to play online and let everyone know if anything has been done about passing, etc.?

I want to know what phaneuf's overall rating is, and who the highest rated player is.
i agree. inside info would be great!
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #707
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post

Don't hold your breath. Since I'm on PS3 and majority of people getting this game early are on 360, I might be alone on the PS3 front.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #708
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Don't hold your breath. Since I'm on PS3 and majority of people getting this game early are on 360, I might be alone on the PS3 front.
tell them to overnight me a copy so that i can provide you someone to test against! for official EA mod testing of course!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #709
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Official stats from preview pics and such:
Iginla 93
Malkin 93
Pronger 92
Datsyuk 92
Chara 92
Lecavalier 91
Heatley 90
Zetterberg 90
Hossa 89
Gaborik 88
Cammalleri 85
Gionta 84
Kovalev 84
Havlat 84
Antropov 83
Brendl 82

Crosby - 94
Kane - 86
Ovechkin - 92

etc

http://boards.ign.com/nhl_ea_sports/b6062/184614339/p1
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #710
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i know this won't go over well here, but iginla over ovechkin? i know iginla has a lot of intangibles, but ovechkin is the best goal scorer in the game right now.

as mentioned earlier, why have a scale that goes from 0-100 when the highest you are going to use is 93?
Old 09-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #711
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

So my music pack might be obsolete once 10 comes out, I'll probably edit the whole thing after Tuesday to get the timing down properly
Old 09-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #712
flamestalker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
i know this won't go over well here, but iginla over ovechkin? i know iginla has a lot of intangibles, but ovechkin is the best goal scorer in the game right now.

as mentioned earlier, why have a scale that goes from 0-100 when the highest you are going to use is 93?
There's probably something within the stats that make it better for Iginla. My only guess is that they put these intangibles with the ratings. So although Ovechkin is the best goal scorer in the game, Iginla will top him through his intangibles.

The overall rating is not just offence. I'm sure if you break down the stats offensively, Ovechkin wins hands down.
flamestalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:40 AM   #713
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

the overalls shouldnt matter guys. i know that in 09 if your player gains 1 poise, his overall goes up 1. speed and poise are VERY highly weighted, and you can bet that iginla is very high in both. now argumentatively ovechkin will have high in each as well.

we will just have to see in depth ratings when they come.

and the 0-100 scale is there with a top player at 93 obviously leaving room for improvement, and to make the historical teams have some sort of advantage.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #714
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It allows for the best skater/best shooter/best whatever to actually have the best rating for that attribute. One thing that has always bothered me about the ratings is when there are like 9 or 10 guy with max speed or max shot accuracy, which means when you get to the top players they seem basically identical. Leaving some room by not making them all have a 99 rating allows for there to be some difference in which areas of the game each player excels at. I think you are concentrating way to much on the overall rating, it's not nearly as important as it once was.

Last edited by koop; 09-10-2009 at 08:03 AM.
koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #715
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

to me, the overall rating is about showing who the best players are. sure all players have strengths and weaknesses, but the overall rating can help gauge who the better player is. and if you were to ask me or most people who the best 3 players in the game are, you would probably get crosby, malkin, and ovechkin. heck, since the ratings should be pretty much based on last year, you might even throw in datsyuk as he was nominated for the hart as well. (but i don't like to push him as it often distracts people into the 'dobbles is a red wings homer' tangent!) so while it is a bit silly to be arguing since iginla is definitely a top 10 forward in the league, i still think the game should do a better representation of who the 'best' players are. a player shouldn't have to go through and compare every statistic of players to see who they like more. if i am playing a dynasty, it can add a lot of time if i have to micromanage every free agent offer and such. that may be ok for us hard core people, but for most i think it hurts the game.

and my complaint about 93 being the highest is just an extension of my concept that the overall's are too close in general. while i appreciate that it leaves room for improvement, thats essentially saying that right now, all the top players are playing below potential. and if you look at age data for scoring it would say that most of the top end guys like crosby and ovechkin are statistically at their peak ages. additionally, i agree that there should be a limited amount of people that max out any particular category. i actually think the problem might be that getting rated in the mid to high 90's is way too tough. if you look at the top end guys, many of their individual ratings are already in the mid 90's. so perhaps if the formula to calculate overall ratings was tweaked, it wouldn't make it so hard to be rated really well. and like i said, i understand that the overall rating is pretty much irrelevant to actual gameplay, but i still think its important tool for people playing the game, so they might as well do it right.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #716
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
http://www.filefront.com/14500191/Nhl%2010%20Flames.rar

Alright so got my friend to host it, he said since its on filefront to do a virus scan once you download it.
I've been thinking about this file for days. thanks!
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #717
Gozer
Not the one...

Exp:

Quote:
You are a bad person.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #718
Kolbe31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
So my music pack might be obsolete once 10 comes out, I'll probably edit the whole thing after Tuesday to get the timing down properly
Shaun over at The Breakaway has NHL 10 and posted these times, which I believe are different from NHL 09:

From start to entrance (team hitting the ice): 32 seconds
From entrance to face-off: 61 seconds (1 min. 1 second)
Total: 93 seconds (1 min. 33 seconds)

**EDIT: Shaun also mentioned that the Flames retro red jersey is in the game, as well as the red and white Atlanta Flames jerseys, but that there is no blacked out placeholder for the Flames new retro third jersey.

The teams that do have black placeholders for third jerseys are Florida, Minnesota, and Nashville.

Last edited by Kolbe31; 09-10-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Kolbe31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #719
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not sure if it was mentioned, not going back 36 pages to find out.

EB Games has a deal until September 22nd where if you trade 2 games (worth $8 or more) you get NHL10 for 19.99.

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #720
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbe31 View Post
Shaun over at The Breakaway has NHL 10 and posted these times, which I believe are different from NHL 09:

From start to entrance (team hitting the ice): 32 seconds
From entrance to face-off: 61 seconds (1 min. 1 second)
Total: 93 seconds (1 min. 33 seconds)

**EDIT: Shaun also mentioned that the Flames retro red jersey is in the game, as well as the red and white Atlanta Flames jerseys, but that there is no blacked out placeholder for the Flames new retro third jersey.

The teams that do have black placeholders for third jerseys are Florida, Minnesota, and Nashville.
Alright so the Intro is off in mine, gotta update it. Thanks Kolbe

Tags
ea sports , hockey , nhl 10 , soundtrack , video games