Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
c.t.ner
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Tumblr

I know people are probably sick and tired of twitter and blogging in general; but I just signed up for a Tumblr account today and I have to say it's a great service.

I know it's been around for a little bit and there are some people that have been utilizing it for a while, but I've never seen a reason to set-up an account until recently.

If you're curious it's somewhere between Full on blogging and twittering. Basically it allows you to quickly post images, links, links to post, conversations in an aggregate stream. I've started using it to aggregate some blog posts, flickr photos and to post some links that I find useful, but I'm not entirely sure I want to write a full post on them.

Feel free to check the site I set up at:

http://ctoverdrive.tumblr.com/

Anyways, I'm just curious if anyone else has some expereince with it? Might be a good middle ground for people interested in Blogging, but not the concept of writing drawn out posts every two days.
c.t.ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have been playing with Blogger recently and it has been lacking. My experience with Twitter these last few days has been astounding and if this brings anything like that to the table, I will be switching over.

Looking at your page there, it looks really good. Is that a default theme? Is it posting your twitters automatically?

I might just sign up to claim a name for now, and see what comes up later.

Edit: http://rathji.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Rathji; 04-24-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Rathji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
c.t.ner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
I have been playing with Blogger recently and it has been lacking. My experience with Twitter these last few days has been astounding and if this brings anything like that to the table, I will be switching over.

Looking at your page there, it looks really good. Is that a default theme? Is it posting your twitters automatically?

I might just sign up to claim a name for now, and see what comes up later.

Edit: http://rathji.tumblr.com/
Well, it looks like you already took the plunge but yeah it's a default theme.

Tumblr will also aggregate up to five RSS feeds (twitter feeds, blog posts, last.fm feeds, friendfeed, etc) you just need to use the Advances or Feed tab when you go to modify your site. You can also have it incorporate your Twitter feed by using the options section.

P.S. Totally digging the comic updates. There are some gems there.

Last edited by c.t.ner; 04-25-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Added a P.S.
c.t.ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:42 AM   #4
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Our world is ending!!!
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote