Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Marvin vs Fulton NHL Network (USA)

For hardcore Flames prospect watchers

St Cloud vs Minnesota Duluth on the NHL Network now

Aaron Marvin is 17

Jordan Fulton is 23
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Marvin is the player I remember watching @ Warroad. He's big, skates well, forechecks, takes faceoffs, drives to the net hard, battles for the puck and protects it well along the boards, plants himself in front of the net on the PP. Plays both center and right wing, PP and PK.

Still reminds me of Joel Otto with a little more offense. For a current comparison, maybe a blend of Primeau with Moss's touch in front of the net?

Marvin has had several scoring chances this game. Fulton has had one good chance. Marvin has certainly been more noticable as he plays on the top lines; Fulton seems like a depth player on his team and hasn't had a ton of ice time so far
The Following User Says Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Marvin jsut set up a goal. Did all the work along the boards, drives toward the net and flips it out front for an easy tap in
The Following User Says Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #4
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20090...08/1002/SPORTS

Heh...

Duane Sutter checking it out...
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for the news on this fellas.

I recall that Marvin comes from a pretty established hockey family. His stats at Warroad weren't otherworldly, but seeing him last year briefly, he looked all gangly and out of sync.

any improvement?
dustygoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

interesting, if he had skipped his senior year at Warround and opted for the Red Deer Rebels in 06/07, then last season would have been his overage year, and concievably he could have turned pro this year

anyways, he's big and physical, and as a sophomore, looked perfectly capable of handling himself against college competition. I think he has a lot of good tools that could be molded into an effective pro, maybe even an NHLer
Old 01-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
Tilley
Retired Aksarben Correspondent

Exp:

I watched the game Friday, have the game DVR'ed and plan to watch it again.

Marvin looks to have improved from the game I watched him play while he was with the Tri-City in the USHL. Big and mobile, he was on the first PK and taking important draws which I always like see. I also like seeing him planting in front of the goalie on the PP as well.
I was a little disappointed with Fulton. I was hoping he would stand out more as a junior. He hustled and used the body, but didn't look like a guy with pro potential (AHL) to me.

In the second game between the two Saturday, Marvin scored the eventual game winner.

BTW C.J. Severyn has eight points in 14 games this year with Ohio St. I'm not really expecting much from him, but it's nice to see him contributing on the scoresheet this year.
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tilley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
cross16
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I liked what I saw out of marvin, but really wish he would play at a different level. He was just so much more physically advanced than the rest of the players there that at times it looked too easy for him. I love his skill set and think he has a future, but i'm reluctant to say a bright one until he plays in a higher league. I'm not knocking the league he is in, but it was clear that just from a size/physicality standpoint it didn't match up to the Dub or AHL.
Foulton didn't really impress. He works hard, and appears to have a big heart, but unfortunately not much skill to go along with it.
cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote