Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Brad brown released from try-out agreement (qc pr)

BRAD BROWN RELEASED FROM TRY-OUT AGREEMENT
Blueliner Appeared in Five Quad City Games

For Immediate Release
Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Moline, IL- The Quad City Flames announced today that defenseman Brad Brown has been released from his professional try-out agreement. The veteran rearguard appeared in five games with the Flames and recorded one point (a goal) with seven penalty minutes. He also recorded a plus-3 rating during his time in the Quad Cities.

The Flames are back on home ice tonight for a 7:05 p.m. face-off with Iowa. Lower bowl tickets are $10.00 and upper bowl tickets are $5.00 courtesy of Galaxy One Marketing and McDonald’s. Hot dogs are just $1.50 and 12-ounce drafts will be available for $2.00. Tickets are available now at the i wireless Center Box Office, via phone at (563) 326-1111 or on-line at ticketmaster.com.

The Flames are home on Friday for a showdown with the San Antonio Rampage. Mixed Martial Arts Legend Pat Miletich will be in attendance for a meet and greet with fans. It’s also the kick off to the 2008 Toys for Tots campaign. Fans that donate a toy will receive $3.00 off their ticket purchase at the i wireless Center Box Office. Tickets for Friday’s game are also available via phone at (563) 326-1111 or on-line at ticketmaster.com.
-30-
Flames Fever…it’s spREDing!

For Information Contact:
Aaron Roof
Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations
o: (309) 764-7825

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

kinda surprising, kinda not. with people finally healthy, we are at a bit of a surplus for d-men. not to mention baldwin is now playing again in vegas. he seemed to be a good player back there though. but with a guy like eriksson already here, it makes his veteran presence expendable i guess.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody View Post
Lower bowl tickets are $10.00 and upper bowl tickets are $5.00 courtesy of Galaxy One Marketing and McDonald’s. Hot dogs are just $1.50 and 12-ounce drafts will be available for $2.00.
Holy crap that's cheap. See the game and get a hot dog and beer for $8.50!!!!
koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

yeah, they are definitely trying to get people there. i really hope it works... would love to see a packed house tonight.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
STeeLy
Franchise Player

Exp:

If QC wasn't a 15 hour drive away from me, I'd definitely take in the ticket deal.
STeeLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #6
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Baldwin was called up today! woo hoo!

steely what about the beer prices. I know its american watered down beer but thats pretty cheap.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

with baldwin up, that still gives us 7 dmen right? i wonder who sits. since they aren't going to use pelech at forward anymore.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #8
STeeLy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
Baldwin was called up today! woo hoo!

steely what about the beer prices. I know its american watered down beer but thats pretty cheap.
I'll be down for that too.

With the reports you guys have been given us... Dan Spang probably gets press box duty.
STeeLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #9
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i can only hope. though, the other candidate based on stats would be pelech with only 2 points and a -6. and while stats aren't the only thing, based on his play they are a pretty decent representation.

now i realize hes not going anywhere. and wilson is playing well. eriksson is staying. palin continues to play solid. thats 4. i think brad cole has played well even though hes only got 2 points and a +1. so i guess that would make spang with his 5 points and -7 the odd man out. though i don't know if baldwin is playing tonight or not. so maybe they will have a couple more days to decide whos the odd man out.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:41 AM   #10
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

From the article in the times, it appears that Brown would have still been here, except that they couldn't agree on contract terms. For a guy who's spent time playing in the ECHL and AHL after an NHL career, I would think that playing somewhere would have been better than playing nowhere.

I'l miss him. He was a stabilizing force on the ice....and that's something we're sorely lacking!
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote