Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Nick Larson...going to be part of a good college team

It was said we won't see Nick Larson for a while as he does another year in the USHL and then off to Notre Dame. Here is an article on the surge in talent being recruited by the fighting irish and talks about Nick as one of them.

click this

Quote:
At 6-foot-2 and 203 pounds, Larson is a prototypical, physical left wing who is a factor in front of the net. Last season, he played alongside current Irish freshman forward Billy Maday with the Waterloo Black Hawks, when he totaled 19 goals and 19 assists in the regular season and added three goals and two assists in the playoffs.

"Nick plays well without the pouck and knows how to put himself in position to score," Jackson said. "He's got a good shot with a quick release and is at his best when he plays with a physical edge."
Quote:
Both Fowler and Sheahan are not eligible for the 2009 NHL Draft but are expected be to be first-round choices in 2010, a und.com release said.
dustygoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This kid is playing 40 miles (Waterloo) from where I'm working right now. I'm definitely going to fit a game or two into my schedule in December!
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote