Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Veteran defenseman signs with quad city (qc pr)

VETERAN DEFENSEMAN SIGNS WITH QUAD CITY
Blueliner Brings 330 Games of NHL Experience to Quad City Defense Corps

For Immediate Release
Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Moline, IL- The Quad City Flames announced today that defenseman Brad Brown has been signed to a Professional Try-Out Agreement. The veteran defenseman has played 610 professional games including 330 National Hockey League appearances with the Montreal Canadiens, Chicago Blackhawks, New York Rangers, Minnesota Wild and Buffalo Sabres.

Brown began the 2008-09 season with the ECHL’s Fresno Falcons. He appeared in four games and recorded one point (an assist) with five penalty minutes. Last season, Brown played 26 ECHL games with the Florida Everblades and 10 AHL contests with the Hartford Wolf Pack. He recorded three points (two goals and an assist) with 68 penalty minutes during his time in Florida. He had one point (an assist) while playing on the Wolf Pack blueline.

Brown was a first round draft selection of the NHL’s Montreal Canadiens in 1994. He appeared in 102 AHL games with the Fredericton Canadiens before debuting in Montreal during the 1996-97 season. He returned to the AHL for the 1997-98 season before beginning a six-year NHL career.

The Flames play on home ice three times this week. Quad City hosts Peoria tonight and Friday at 7:05 p.m. Saturday night, the Grand Rapids Griffins visit the i wireless Center on “Power to Play Sports Night”. The first 1,500 fans age 12 and under will receive Flames Youth Hockey Jerseys courtesy of ORA Sports Medicine. Fans that donate an athletic item will receive $2.00 off tickets purchased at the i wireless Center Box Office. Proceeds will benefit the Quad City Family YMCA youth athletic programs.

Tickets for all Flames home games, including this week’s match-up, are on sale now at the i wireless Center Box Office, via phone at (563) 326-1111 or on-line at ticketmaster.com. Group tickets and mini-plan packages are available via the Flames Ticket Office at (309) 764-7825.
-30-
Flames Fever…it’s spREDing!

For Information Contact:
Aaron Roof
Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations
o: (309) 764-7825

Brown's stats:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid[]=11364

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

From what I recall from his NHL days, he is a very tough player with good character... but just slow as molasses in January.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
From what I recall from his NHL days, he is a very tough player with good character... but just slow as molasses in January.
Just what we need. Spang a Defenceman that has no clue that hes playing Defence and a guy thats slower than dirt.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
Cactus Jack
First Line Centre

Exp:

Don't the QC Flames need D or are people healthy and the D corps stocked up again?He's tough, compotent defensively but slow as hell. Not a bad veteran pickup.
________
CHRYSLER ROYAL HISTORY

Last edited by Cactus Jack; 05-15-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #5
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
Don't the QC Flames need D or are people healthy and the D corps stocked up again?He's tough, compotent defensively but slow as hell. Not a bad veteran pickup.
But they need someone to put that little black thing in the net.

and a goalie and a d core that doesnt give up after the first goal that we get.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
But they need someone to put that little black thing in the net.

and a goalie and a d core that doesnt give up after the first goal that we get.
Because it's not like Keetley is in the top 10 in the league in most stat categories, and has kept the team in more games than he has cost them

Minor league attitude, major league pain
Drunk Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #7
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Skunk View Post
Because it's not like Keetley is in the top 10 in the league in most stat categories, and has kept the team in more games than he has cost them
Hey I know Im not throwing keets under the bus this time.

Im just saying the team thinks they have a win when they score a goal. obviously after they gave up 2 goals in less than 1 minute after they scored wed night.