Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2024, 10:45 PM   #6181
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan69 View Post
Does anyone see any possibility of a winger for a center trade?

We have Coronato , suniev, klapka, Pelletier, pospisil ( just graduated) honzek, stromgren all in the system. Good chance at leadt one of our top three round picks is a winger adding to the stockpile.
In the middle past next year we have only kadri signed. Our Center depth isnt bad its almost non existent. Have my doubts on schwindt and kerins. Lipinski may be a bottom six guy. After that pretty much zilch.

Could any trades be made prospect for prospect? I would include wolf in this as well as long as the return is a projected first line center. Apparently lafrenierre may not re sign that type of deal.
After tonight, Draisaitl to the Flames for Huberdeau, no retention. Oilers throw in a 2nd.
Old 06-24-2024, 10:48 PM   #6182
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Guys this is a great night.
Can you not ruin it by suggesting Kane, Draisaitl or any other Oiler stench as Flames??
Have some sense of occasion.
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 10:52 PM   #6183
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Two things on my list before the draft:

Extend Kylington
Trade 28 for the Monahan pick, add a plus if needed.
Old 06-24-2024, 11:09 PM   #6184
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why would Montreal do that?
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 11:27 PM   #6185
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

So happy that the panthers came through so that I can enjoy the offseason now. Trades, the draft, free agency. It’s a wonderful feeling.

Conroy’s time to shine… the devils need to replace Bahl with a better defenseman that upgrades their whole defensive core. The flames need another pick in the top 10. The teams have had negotiations over the Markstrom trade for months so they have a dialogue established. Let’s make something happen:

To New Jersey: Anderson
To Calgary: 10th overall

Conroy congratulates Florida on winning the Stanley cup. Drafts Catton or Lindstrom at 9th overall. Jarome steps up to the podium to call his son’s name at 10th overall. Turns out the night was darkest just before the dawn.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 11:50 PM   #6186
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Why would Montreal do that?
Pick today is worth more than a pick tomorrow. And in all likelihood they’re getting the pick from the team that has picked 31st and 32nd in back to back years. There’s a small chance it’s a much better pick but also a pretty good chance it’s within a couple spots.
Old 06-24-2024, 11:57 PM   #6187
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems to me then it makes way more sense for them to hold it and take the chance it’s better.
I don’t see any motivation for them to make that type of deal
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2024, 12:32 AM   #6188
NewFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Finally the stress is gone. And let's start NHL's the craziest week people!
I hope we draft all first 4 rounds and stay away from any UFAs unless they come cheap and short term.
NewFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 12:51 AM   #6189
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I know that Conroy won’t sell everything like some of us would like to see to get a ton of young players in this draft. But, hypothetically, what combinations of assets below could potentially get the flames two more picks in the top 15 of this draft?

Andersson
Coleman (with retention)
Mangiapane (with retention)
Vancouver’s 2024 1st round pick (27th overall)
Calgary’s 2024 2nd round pick (41st overall)
Dallas’s 2024 2nd round pick (61st overall)
Pelletier
Posposil

To be clear - I don’t want to trade those pieces. I just consider those to be the most valuable assets that Conroy might consider trading if he had to give quality to get more picks in the top 15. Obviously, you need teams eager to trade for this to work because teams never want to give up high picks especially the week of the draft.

The best bets for trade partners in that group are teams desperate to take that next step to make the playoffs. That includes Ottawa (7th overall), New Jersey (10th overall), Buffalo (11th overall) and Detroit (15th overall). I think Ottawa would be a long shot because their pick is so high and they are going to be forced to surrender their 2025 pick already so it’s unlikely they trade their first round pick this year. So that leaves New Jersey, Buffalo and Detroit.

I mentioned an Andersson for 10th overall from New Jersey in my last post… I think any of New Jersey, Buffalo or Detroit could use Andersson and I think he is the only flame that could return a top 15 pick on his own. Conroy can also negotiate from a position of strength (somewhat) if he makes it clear that Andersson would only be available this summer if the trade is made for picks in this draft - not the 2025 draft. If none of the teams step up then Conroy could wait till the TDL in 2025, the draft in 2025 or the TDL in 2026 to trade Andersson. He isn’t in a rush. This could hopefully create a bidding war between these teams to trade for Andersson right now using their first round pick as the core trade piece. Hopefully that gets New Jersey to step up and pay for Andersson so the flames get to pick back-to-back.

With Andersson traded, could something like Mangiapane (50% retained) + Pelletier + Vancouver’s 2024 first round pick (27th overall) + Dallas’s 2nd round pick (61st overall) be enough to get 15th overall from Detroit? Too much? Too little? So hard to get teams to make these trades so it’s tough to know the market. I just really want a bunch of picks in the top 15 this year. It would be a dream scenario to somehow come out of this draft with something like Iginla + Catton/Lindstrom + Yakemchuk/Silayev/Dickinson/Hage/Helenius.

Last edited by stemit14; 06-25-2024 at 12:55 AM.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 01:19 AM   #6190
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrangy View Post
Two things on my list before the draft:

Extend Kylington
Trade 28 for the Monahan pick, add a plus if needed.
Would be nice to stop worrying about it
Old 06-25-2024, 03:38 AM   #6191
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

A couple of speculations I read, don't shoot the messenger, and as always- take it with a grain of salt:

-Sportsnet hockey analyst Sam McKee proposes Nazem Kadri/Rasmus Andersson for Mitch Marner. Apparently, there's a lot of Leafs fans that call Kadri "the one that got away".

-Pagnotta says that even though Verbeek has set a high price for the services of Trevor Zegras, there's eight teams vying for his services: Chicago, NYR, Montreal, Ottawa, Philly, Nashville, Buffalo, and of course-Calgary. He thinks Anaheim wants young players that can play right away in their lineup.

Last edited by Sandman; 06-25-2024 at 03:43 AM.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2024, 03:46 AM   #6192
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
A couple of speculations I read, don't shoot the messenger, and as always- take it with a grain of salt:

-Sportsnet hockey analyst Sam McKee proposes Nazem Kadri/Rasmus Andersson for Mitch Marner. Apparently, there's a lot of Leafs fans that call Kadri "the one that got away".

-Pagnotta says that even though Verbeek has set a high price for the services of Trevor Zegras, there's eight teams vying for his services: Chicago, NYR, Montreal, Ottawa, Philly, Nashville, Buffalo, and of course-Calgary. He thinks Anaheim wants young players that play right away in their lineup.
The Sportsnet scenario seems unlikely to say the least. Marner would need to believe he would have a more productive year in CGY than in TOR. That or be interested in signing here like Huberdeau before even playing a game... Otherwise I think that 2 years of Andersson at $4.5M have more value than 1 year of Marner at $10.9M.

I read similar rumors that CGY has been connected to Zegras as well, but they seem more like an afterthought than a frontrunner.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2024, 03:52 AM   #6193
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

-Pagnotta says that even though Verbeek has set a high price for the services of Trevor Zegras, there's eight teams vying for his services: Chicago, NYR, Montreal, Ottawa, Philly, Nashville, Buffalo, and of course-Calgary. He thinks Anaheim wants young players that can play right away in their lineup.
So to achieve their goal of acquiring young players that can play right away, they are trading a young player that can play right away?
Old 06-25-2024, 04:24 AM   #6194
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still have a feeling Mangiapane won’t be with the Flames much longer. He’s one of our higher paid players.

I could also see Pelletier being added into a trade deal.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 04:35 AM   #6195
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

If they could trade Kadri and Anderson for Marner, but and flip Marner for another high pick +, it would be fantastic.

Get out of the Kadri contract AND get a good pick in the draft??? Maybe Marner would play for the Sens? A deal around Chabot, Pinto and #7 a d the Flames retain on Marner for 1 year.
Old 06-25-2024, 06:13 AM   #6196
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
The Sportsnet scenario seems unlikely to say the least. Marner would need to believe he would have a more productive year in CGY than in TOR. That or be interested in signing here like Huberdeau before even playing a game... Otherwise I think that 2 years of Andersson at $4.5M have more value than 1 year of Marner at $10.9M.

I read similar rumors that CGY has been connected to Zegras as well, but they seem more like an afterthought than a frontrunner.
I mentioned this about a month ago - Markstrom and Andersson for Marner then flip Marner to Utah for 6OA and Barrett Hayton.

Can update that to:
Kadri and Andersson for Marner
Marner to Utah for 6OA and Hayton.

I could see Hayton having interest. He’s a C and in that age group Conroy has indicated he’s after.
TOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 06:21 AM   #6197
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Athletic with a piece on 10 overpaid players that could be moved:

Ceci
Faksa
Jarry
Rakell
Kotkeniemi
Mangiapane
Husso
Jensen
Glass
Johanson

Seems like the Flames could take on one of these players, maybe even two. Probably not interested in a G but one D and one of Kotkaniemi or Glass could be of interest. Good way to build some more draft capital.

If the Flames make a move like this, I think it further signify’s they’ve accepted they are in a rebuild.
TOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 06:53 AM   #6198
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
Athletic with a piece on 10 overpaid players that could be moved:

Ceci
Faksa
Jarry
Rakell
Kotkeniemi
Mangiapane
Husso
Jensen
Glass
Johanson

Seems like the Flames could take on one of these players, maybe even two. Probably not interested in a G but one D and one of Kotkaniemi or Glass could be of interest. Good way to build some more draft capital.

If the Flames make a move like this, I think it further signify’s they’ve accepted they are in a rebuild.

The scenario I see with mangiapane is trading him for another high paid underachieving player. I just can’t see teams lining up for mangiapane unless there is retention. Don’t think flames should be using another retention spot until closer to next years deadline. We have 2 left and who knows how many vet players will want to move on when the inevitable being a bottom feeder team happens. I’m talking bottom 4.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 06:56 AM   #6199
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mangiapane + coronato for Skinner + 10th oa + Krebs?

I love the kadri+andersson to toronto proposal too. Shake this league up!
Monahammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 07:06 AM   #6200
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I love the kadri+andersson to toronto proposal too. Shake this league up!
Why, to get out of Kadri’s contract?
Bonded is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
devils suck , e=ng , edmonton is no good , nj is no good