Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #523
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

We dropped cable a couple years ago, and Shaw is frequently offering us promotions to try to get us back. A year ago we did a couple months at a reduced rate, but felt it still wasn't worth it, and dropped cable again. The headache around the billing, how they added the new bill and removed it, left a bad taste in my mouth. But we stuck with Shaw for our phone and internet.

So I get a call a couple weeks ago from Shaw offering a basic cable package of 47 channels for $10 a month, no fee for the digital box. Seems too good to be true, so I asked a bunch of questions - what other charges were involved, how long the deal was for, etc. Guy says it's $10 a month, period. No contract necessary, not a temporary trial, but fixed for at least two years. I say okay.

The cable box arrives, I set it up, and then I look at my bill. It's way more than $10 a month. After spending an hour on the phone this morning and talking to four people, turns out the agent had no authority to make that offer. The best they can do is $15 a month for six months. So I cancel the whole thing, and now I have to bring the digital box back to their location at Chinook.

Shaw is skating on very thin ice with me.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote