View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 06:53 PM   #1189
Serapth
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
I wouldn't mind if we had the smallest fanbase in the league if we could shed some of these embarrassments that give us a bad name.
Trust me, I live in Toronto... I've watched many parades planned, and lynch mobs formed. The sky is falling mentality and the homerism is by no means unique to Calgary's fan base. You have to expect a mixed reaction to a deal like this, you would in any fanbase in any sport.

As the the trade, I'm ok with it. Would obviously rather get a 1RW for Hamilton, but two young proven players with a long runway in return, I'm pretty good with this.

Let's be realistic, the existing line up didn't work. Ferland was most likely gone as soon as UFA hit and we really don't know what the runway was there. In many ways it felt a lot like when Colborne was traded away...

Fox seemed more and more likely to never signing with the Flames. I mean that sucked and all, and I suppose we could potentially blame that on the Stone resigning, but I'm still good with Stone personally, so meh. It happens, we were/are stacked at D.

BTs tweets on Hamilton are pretty telling. Let's remember, he did sit two games. The offensive numbers were great, but obviously it wasn't all rainbows and kittens there.

It's also a salary dump, opening up for a UFA signing potentially. All told, meh, I'm ok with it.
Serapth is offline   Reply With Quote