View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 01:23 PM   #148
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Not getting involved at all is the general point.
There had been widespread looting and arson the previous two nights that the police were unable to prevent. Lots of people were standing on front of their property with guns in Kenosha that night. White and Black.

Quote:
Rittenhouse was one of many who were armed on Tuesday night in downtown Kenosha.

Wisconsin is an open-carry state, meaning anyone over 18 who can purchase a handgun or rifle can carry it in the open without a permit. In the streets around the Civic Center Park, where protests have begun every night since Jacob Blake was shot on Aug. 23, some residents were seen sitting on their front steps with firearms.

“I’m not part of any group,” said Ronald Grover, 32, as he stood Tuesday in front of the entranceway of his apartment building two blocks south of the central square. In addition to a long-arm rifle, Grover wore a bulletproof vest. Several of Grover’s other neighbors, some of them white and some Black, also held weapons as they sat on their front porches.

“I live here in this building and am protecting myself,” Grover said.

https://spectrumnews1.com/wi/milwauk...-of-a-militia-
That’s certainly not illegal in Wisconsin. So I guess the question is who else is allowed to carry firearms with the aim of protecting property. Neighbours? Friends? Volunteers from out of town? Politically motivated vigilantes? And how should the law distinguish between these people?
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote