View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 10:24 PM   #26
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
IMO it would be a huge mistake for Bingo and team to allow for sales above face value on this site, it's a huge perk to being a member of this site.

A friend mentioning to me that CalgaryPuck was a great site to buy face value Flames tickets is what attracted me to this site to begin with.

11 years and 12k+ posts later I am still here, and I'm sure I'm not the only poster with that experience. If tickets were being sold at scalper prices I probably never end up on this site.

As a season ticket holder you are already making the mark up from season ticket holder price to face value price when you sell on CalgaryPuck, if you want to make more money then you can deal with the a-holes on Kijiji or the ticketmaster fees.

You have over 12,000 posts on CP. After a really quick review you post in threads involving the NFL, WWE, Flames, tennis, soccer, Nintendo, etc. Are you saying you would stop coming here if people were allowed to buy and sell tickets at whatever price they wanted, instead of just avoiding that section? There are many reasons to come to CP. That just seems silly to avoid it for that reason.

I've debated this topic many times on CP. I'm not sure the people who are vastly opposed to selling tickets at any price, including above face value, have thought out the math completely, nor have they thought out what would happen if the supply exceeded the demand.

Here's my post on it during the 2017 playoffs, when someone mentioned how high ticketmaster fees are:

Quote:
To continue beating a dead horse, this is why I proposed selling for over face value on CP. Yes they are over face value, but both the buyer and seller avoid ticketmaster fees. Ticketmaster takes 25% (10% from the seller and 15% from the buyer). If above face value was allowed here, the tickets are bought by Flames fans, the prices are lower, and ticketmaster doesn't get their cut. It's a lot of wins. Face value isn't illegal, and contrary to the last debate over this, selling above face value is not akin to driving drunk. Seriously.

It would likely also cut down on secret PMs that people send to STHs, like myself, offering to buy/sell tickets. I'm sure there are a few STHs who have accepted these offers.

If you have everything out in the open, it is more transparent. If 100 CP members that are STHs post tickets for above FV, and no one buys, then the prices come down. If there is increased supply and competition, the prices go down.

Here was a thread that was started by me in 2016: https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=153335

As is the same in this thread, Yoho is leading the charge to make sure it never happens, without actually listening to the other side of the debate.

Here's another debate on it: https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?p=5282823

In post #21 I detail the math in full. The tl;dr version is as a seller I'd like to get a certain amount on my sale. If the buyer is on CP then the buyer pays substantially less than if I list on a resale site. Whichever method is used, I still get the exact same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post: