View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 11:33 AM   #514
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
Aquaman is one of the worst I've ever seen. I hate the actors who played Aquaman and his love interest. The villain was laughably lame. So many cheesy montages and lame jokes.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets on the other hand is a great sci-fi movie. Very underrated IMO. If you are a sci-fi fan definitely check it out.
There was something off about the pacing of Valerian. There were times when I was impressed by what I was seeing for sure. At other times I totally lost interest, and I was impatiently waiting for the movie to move along.

It's very similar to the Fifth Element. However, unlike the Fifth Element, Valerian never builds that insane sense of urgency and pacing that made the Fifth Element so much fun. The Fifth Element was filled with zany and capturing performances. Valerian was filled with entirely dull performances. Willis, Oldman, Tucker, Holm, etc... all killed it in the Fifth Element. The acting in Valerian was straight up bad. And yes, the two leads look like brother and sister, which is very jarring. That early scene where they are "flirting" in their swimwear is just creepy.

I also think you're missing the point of Aquaman. The movie is purposely campy. The dialogue and jokes are supposed to be cheesy. What makes Aquaman fun is the amazing visuals and world building. It might be a movie best watched on the big screen, as it's more of an experience than a plot based story. There were so many moments in that movie where I was just blown away at what was on screen. The action directing was also top notch.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote