View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 09:26 AM   #20
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
I hope teams understand what they’re getting into if they sign Hamilton. The guy likes going to museums! What a psycho!
The museum angle was a nothingburger. But there are still questions around how good a fit Hamilton is with a lot of teams considering his lackadaisical play without the puck and perceived lack of big-game quality. From a recent article in the Athletic:

Quote:
We spoke with three separate sources who questioned whether you can win a Stanley Cup with Hamilton as a centerpiece player. Complimentary? Sure. Who doesn’t love his point production, one source said. Hamilton finished with 42 points tied for 7th among NHL defensemen and a plus-20 rating. He added five points in 11 post-season games but just one point, a goal, against Tampa. He’s got a great shot and is the focal point of one of the league’s most productive power play units. But when you’re talking let’s say eight years at $8 million, which is what John Carlson signed in Washington a couple of years back, that’s the kind of dollar and term that can bury a team if you assign it to a player who can’t deliver the goods. “My belief has long been you can’t win with him in the playoffs,” one veteran Eastern Conference source said. Another source suggests that while defending playoff MVP Victor Hedman plays “with the Viking way about him, that’s something I think Dougie is missing.“
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post: