View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #30
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Maybe I don't go to the same change rooms as you, but the ones I go to have hundreds of lockers in one big room, with some benches. Off to the side are two or three stalls for self-conscious people to change in privately. As I noted upthread, at family swim times at the leisure centre, there are 40 or so people changing at once. It's shoulder-to-shoulder crowded. How could we divert all that activity to private rooms without reducing the rate at which people can change? Am I missing something?

And should we retrofit existing change rooms to suit this new sensibility? Last I checked, public leisure facilities aren't exactly overflowing with money. They struggle just to keep maintenance up to code, let alone carry out major structural renovations.
Well obviously some of the space that's taken from two sex specific change rooms is diverted into individual changing spaces.

It's a new building strategy though, not something that needs to be added to existing facilities. I'm not commenting on the underlying social issues.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote