View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 01:04 PM   #1262
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:
icon54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaErtz View Post
I'm really considering getting one of these, especially with the price drop. I can charge for free at work so I'll likely never have to spend a dime on electricity. What did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? And did you have to order way in advance? Also, what is the delay with getting the 240V charger installed at your home? Do you have to wait for Chevy to send someone out or have you picked an electrician privately and are just waiting for them to show up? Thanks.
If you are considering getting one and can charge at work, I would not spend the money on a level 2 charger at home. I have an EV and can charge at work (there are 4 free level two chargers in the parking garage). At least once a week I am able to get one of those 4 spots and I charge to 80 percent (360 KM) which is enough for one weeks worth of driving for me. Most weeks I can get into one of those spots twice in a week. If you just have trickle charging at home you can still get about 8 KM of range per hour charged, so if you are real low you can charge at home. But if you get one I would delay the level two charger until you get a sense of how often you can charge for free at work. I have not had to charge at home this entire calendar year.

Can’t comment on how long it will take you to get an EV, I got mine in March of 2021 but KIA was selling all their 2020 models on sale to make room for the 2021 models, so I just bought off the lot and drove it home same day.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aarongavey For This Useful Post: