View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 12:17 PM   #47
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
The only qualm I have with this is impaired driving. With alcohol, if your BAL is over a certain point, you are impaired according to the law. With weed, you can have the substance in your blood well after you've consumed it, and you are no where near impaired.

I'm not sure how they will police impaired (high) driving.
A company in the U.S. is developing a roadside breathalyzer for pot. It's not clear how cost-effective or accurate it will be, but there are people working on the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Pretty sure the people who will smoke weed and drive are already smoking and driving. Don't hear much about their being a problem with stoned drivers today.
There seems to be an assumption that legalizing pot will mean more people will smoke it. Is there any evidence from the Netherlands or Colorado that that's the case?

On the other hand, last week I was stopped beside a car where a couple were hitting the pipe hard - clouds of smoke billowing out their window at the lights. They were so blatant that it has me wondering if a great many do think that just because it'll soon be legal they'll be able to do it anywhere and any time. Which is just dumb, because alcohol is legal and you can't get hammered and show up to work, or chug a beer while you're stopped at a traffic light. But people are idiots, so who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I guess I can stand beside my cigarette smoking friends without any ill-effects?
Actually, yes. The dosage makes the poison, and the amount of toxins you would ingest from standing beside someone outside who is smoking are negligible. But there's a kind of public hysteria around second-hand smoke, where evidence and science are unwelcome.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote